The Student Room Group

I kissed my friend and now she says shes unsure

To sum it up, I liked this girl for a while, we were good friends at the time and I was unable to tell if she liked me too. I decided that she wasn't giving off any signals so I just decided to move on, anyway then she started getting really nervous around me and told me that she actually had feelings for me. I was pretty excited and although I had stopped thinking about her consciously for a little while, I knew that I still liked her.

I went to her place and we kissed and made out, and then it continued like this for a few days and I even stayed overnight (nothing happened though) anyway the evening after that happened she told me was confused. She said that although she liked me and loved kissing me, she thought we just jumped into things and she isn't sure anymore?

I was pretty confused and so I asked her if she just wanted to be friends, and she said no that she wanted to try but I said would that not confuse her more? She said she wasn't sure, because she values our friendship a lot and doesn't want to loose that. I agree, however I said that whatever happens I'll still be a friend. Anyway last night I told her that this one step forward one step back is a little confusing so I told her to go and think about how she really feels..This felt right, although it still hurt and we just hung up the phone and she hasn't messaged me.

I'm not sure what to do now? I mean should I still be hoping that this might somehow work out or should I not hold my breathe and just try to continue until I hear what she says?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
To sum it up, I liked this girl for a while, we were good friends at the time and I was unable to tell if she liked me too. I decided that she wasn't giving off any signals so I just decided to move on, anyway then she started getting really nervous around me and told me that she actually had feelings for me. I was pretty excited and although I had stopped thinking about her consciously for a little while, I knew that I still liked her.

I went to her place and we kissed and made out, and then it continued like this for a few days and I even stayed overnight (nothing happened though) anyway the evening after that happened she told me was confused. She said that although she liked me and loved kissing me, she thought we just jumped into things and she isn't sure anymore?

I was pretty confused and so I asked her if she just wanted to be friends, and she said no that she wanted to try but I said would that not confuse her more? She said she wasn't sure, because she values our friendship a lot and doesn't want to loose that. I agree, however I said that whatever happens I'll still be a friend. Anyway last night I told her that this one step forward one step back is a little confusing so I told her to go and think about how she really feels..This felt right, although it still hurt and we just hung up the phone and she hasn't messaged me.

I'm not sure what to do now? I mean should I still be hoping that this might somehow work out or should I not hold my breathe and just try to continue until I hear what she says?

Carry on as normal. You've clearly and calmly stated your position; trying to influence proceedings beyond this point will only confuse her further.
Reply 2
I wouldn't recommend holding your breath to be honest, I mean, she may not decide for another few days and you'd probably die if you tried to hold your breathe for that long.
If I had a penny for every time something like this happened to me then I'd probably have enough to buy a freddo. At the end of the day you win some and you lose some, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Maybe she'll change her mind, but maybe she won't. Give it some time and if not then you just gotta move on I'm afraid.
Original post by John55
I wouldn't recommend holding your breath to be honest, I mean, she may not decide for another few days and you'd probably die if you tried to hold your breathe for that long.

Lmao
Reply 5
Original post by James Milibanter
If I had a penny for every time something like this happened to me then I'd probably have enough to buy a freddo. At the end of the day you win some and you lose some, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Maybe she'll change her mind, but maybe she won't. Give it some time and if not then you just gotta move on I'm afraid.

You'd have enough to buy a Freddo, but I'd have enough to buy a Bueno
#player
Reply 6
Don't let her keep you dangling. If she's not sure then its not worth it. (assuming you want her) Make it known that you're not going to be made to wait. Situationships are the worst...!

On a brighter note, take her by the waist and give her a good f***ng. I'm sure that will clear up her confusion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending