The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
I see some boys for example with long and really pretty hair, they look adorable. Yet some parents I know would regard that as really worrying and possibly teaching him to be gay.

This is why parents need to actually be educated on what sexuality even is and what gender means.
Original post by ivybridge
Tough? It's not harmful.

And I do respect it but you don't respect my right to freedom of expression. You do not have to look at the photos - you can block accounts. You're choosing to kick-up a fuss.

You do not know the majority of Britain therefore your statement is invalid. Furthermore, don't refer to me as a type - I'm not a coffee. I'm a human being. If you want to complain about something complain about heterosexual sex on television and heterosexual kissing and cuddling on television. That is much more prominent and commonplace than this apparently innapropriate display. Stop trying to mask the fact you are blatantlt prejudiced.

But I do not want to block any accounts.
Trust me, I do find it to be off putting, to see sexually acted out scenes in general.
And I am not a prejudice, as I have no ill sole feelings towards homosexual people.
Yes the majority would agree with me, as you do not see it being broadcasted in public for a reason, but at least I have the balls to tell you the truth.
Ha, that's so accurate! :five:

There's just as much angst around what young boys are allowed and not allowed to do as with girls though. I see some boys for example with long and really pretty hair, they look adorable. Yet some parents I know would regard that as really worrying and possibly teaching him to be gay. I mean, people are often terribly over-worried. Boys and girls just want to be themselves and live their way. Apart from giving them good education and seeing to it that they are reasonably protected and not allowed to get into too much danger, there shouldn't be too many limits placed on kids.

Older boys also can look really cute with longer hairstyles by the way!

But men are not meant to have longer hair, as it gives out the wrong impression.
Original post by Blue_Mason
But I do not want to block any accounts.
Trust me, I do find it to be off putting, to see sexually acted out scenes in general.
And I am not a prejudice, as I have no ill sole feelings towards homosexual people.
Yes the majority would agree with me, as you do not see it being broadcasted in public for a reason, but at least I have the balls to tell you the truth.

Then that is your choice so sit down shut up and get on with the consequences of that.

No, you are telling me your version of the truth. Homosexual relationships are in TV, are featured in the news, magazines, etc. It is broadcast, just not on the same wavelength as heterosexual activity in terms of proportions.

You have the balls to tell me your opinion - everyone does behind a screen. What have I been doing since I got this account? Precisely that.

You keep believing what you want to believe. You always say you are not anti-gay and always argue anti-gay slants. I have never once seen you make a pro-gay rights post.
But men are not meant to have longer hair, as it gives out the wrong impression.

Who says what is MEANT and what is not? There's legitimately no logic behind anything you purport. Men can do what they like with their bodies and appearances, as can women. Long hair gives off absolutely sod-all impression - the issue there is the people interpreting it, not the person with the style.
Original post by redferry
Ironically I'd potentially be happier letting my boy dress up as a princess than if I had a little girl. This is why I don't want to be a parent, I'd feel I had morally let her down if she turned out really girly.

Yes, I am sexist against my own gender -_-

I'd want a daughter just so I could take her rock climbing and mountain biking and do other 'non girl' stuff.

Ha, that's so accurate! :five:

There's just as much angst around what young boys are allowed and not allowed to do as with girls though. I see some boys for example with long and really pretty hair, they look adorable. Yet some parents I know would regard that as really worrying and possibly teaching him to be gay. I mean, people are often terribly over-worried. Boys and girls just want to be themselves and live their way. Apart from giving them good education and seeing to it that they are reasonably protected and not allowed to get into too much danger, there shouldn't be too many limits placed on kids.

Older boys also can look really cute with longer hairstyles by the way!

I used to really like the colour pink as small child. But I had to suppress that :dry:

Pink colouring in pencils were always out of reach.

It's such a nice colour :puppyeyes:

Wut?

I'd have Kurt Cobain hair if I could.

All males seem to have long hair in the olden days

(edited 8 years ago)
Honestly, you cannot be from the present day. Are you really that deluded? Why would anyone choose to live a life so complicated and taboo? One where they are essentially hated for just breathing and being there. Yeah, totally life goals - not.

You're right dude, I got on a time machine from the 18th century. You gays for sure would not like it here.
Then that is your choice so sit down shut up and get on with the consequences of that.

No, you are telling me your version of the truth. Homosexual relationships are in TV, are featured in the news, magazines, etc. It is broadcast, just not on the same wavelength as heterosexual activity in terms of proportions.

You have the balls to tell me your opinion - everyone does behind a screen. What have I been doing since I got this account? Precisely that.

You keep believing what you want to believe. You always say you are not anti-gay and always argue anti-gay slants. I have never once seen you make a pro-gay rights post.

Well that is a bit rude, but I shall continue to voice my opinions.
Well the media is the media, as it holds no legit weight, as it is just a tool to
Fact is I would tell the same to any gay person irl, if asked I'll give you an honest opinion.
I am neutral, as am not anti,nor am I pro.
Who says what is MEANT and what is not? There's legitimately no logic behind anything you purport. Men can do what they like with their bodies and appearances, as can women. Long hair gives off absolutely sod-all impression - the issue there is the people interpreting it, not the person with the style.

Society does, and I support it.Very few men can pull it off with out looking like a feminine rent boy.
Just admit that they're things that we simply cannot just do without consequences.
But me and you, live in a completely different worlds, with my world being more civilised and upfront.
You cannot encourage sexuality - what is wrong with you? Don't be so narrow, if you're going to make such a ridiculous statement and criticise the encouragement of sexuality the be sure to factor in your own orientation. It's rather convenient that you haven't.

I never said I believe it is a choice, on the contrary I don't think it is, I was simply stating left wingers wish for their kids to be in that category over the alternative instead of letting their kids decide themselves. The left actively encourage or try to to make sure their kids are not straight which must be a faulty wiring in their heads.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well that is a bit rude, but I shall continue to voice my opinions.
Well the media is the media, as it holds no legit weight, as it is just a tool to
Fact is I would tell the same to any gay person irl, if asked I'll give you an honest opinion.
I am neutral, as am not anti,nor am I pro.

Lol, suddenly has no weight when it isn't being used to support your 'point' (if you can legitimately call it thus).

You blatantly are anti. Have you even read the crap you have written? Lmfao
Society does, and I support it.Very few men can pull it off with out looking like a feminine rent boy.
Just admit that they're things that we simply cannot just do without consequences.
But me and you, live in a completely different worlds, with my world being more civilised and upfront.

You're wrong. That is your interpretation and that is the issue, stigma and unfair opinion.

You are satisfied with the consequences as long as they do not impact upon you whilst they impact upon a large group of others.

I will not admit to bull****.

You are an arrogant little boy and that's all you are. You have an extremely warped view of what it means to be civilised.
Original post by Gears265
I never said I believe it is a choice, on the contrary I don't think it is, I was simply stating left wingers wish for their kids to be in that category over the alternative instead of letting their kids decide themselves. The left actively encourage or try to to make sure their kids are not straight which must be a faulty wiring in their heads.

Sexuality is innate. It cannot be encouraged. You are deluded if you think otherwise and I have no clue where you drew that final conclusion from, probably your backside.
Sexuality is innate. It cannot be encouraged. You are deluded if you think otherwise and I have no clue where you drew that final conclusion from, probably your backside.

Once again you have misread what I said, it could be a wiring issue. I DO NOT believe it can be encouraged, I NEVER and NEVER will. But I believe left wingers try to encourage it nonetheless (EVEN THOUGH IT CANT BE ENCOURAGED). They wish for their kids to be in that category even though IT CANT be encouraged.

Now I wrote this as if an autistic person would understand so if you once again fail to understand I'll pm the doctors number :smile:

Are you secretly gay?

It's ok :console:
Original post by Gears265
Once again you have misread what I said, it could be a wiring issue. I DO NOT believe it can be encouraged, I NEVER and NEVER will. But I believe left wingers try to encourage it nonetheless (EVEN THOUGH IT CANT BE ENCOURAGED). They wish for their kids to be in that category even though IT CANT be encouraged.

Now I wrote this as if an autistic person would understand so if you once again fail to understand I'll pm the doctors number :smile:

Stop being a patronising little ****. I know what you are saying, I just think you must be deluded to even think parents are attempting to do that.
Lol, suddenly has no weight when it isn't being used to support your 'point' (if you can legitimately call it thus).

You blatantly are anti. Have you even read the crap you have written? Lmfao

What examples could you give to support that I am anti gay?
I am sure that the rest of tsr would agree that I am not anti gay.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Are you secretly gay?

It's ok :console:

No
What examples could you give to support that I am anti gay?
I am sure that the rest of tsr would agree that I am not anti gay.

Stop making all of these ridiculously outlandish statements - the rest of blah will think blah, no, you cannot represent thousands of people; you represent you and you only.

I will reply properly to this when I get home from classes.

What impression might that be?

Latest