The Student Room Group

HOW has noone noticed this????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Butternuts96
Your post is literally nonsensical. Don't post if you're not gonna post something of relevance.

I think the point that you belong to the group that has killed more muslims than anyone else is rather relevant
When the Charlie Hebdo lot released images of the Prophet Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) even though he is seen as a sacred figure for over 1.57 billion muslims and it would offend ALL of them . . . it is considered a great, noble and considerate act of freedome of speech and so NO non-islamic world leader spoke out. Okay fine, no worries. I guess everybody loves freedome of speech and it has no limits. No probz!!

However, with the recent Sinai plane crash killing 244 people, Charlie Hebdo has released some more offensive cartoons. Russian Prime Minister has condemned it. Okay fine, if you say so Mr Putin. Here's the good part. But why do you condemn THIS and not their past insult to all the muslims?

"This is not a matter of democracy or self-expression. This is sacrilege."

Oxford definition of "sacrilege" - Violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred.

Sacred? Hmmm, and this did NOT apply with the previous Muhammed incident? REAALLYYY makes you think, doesn't it?

Not that they're that comparable, but Putin is the leader of one of the planets superpowers. So when he's calling out a magazine it's a much bigger issue, then when some butthurt fundies call it out.
Original post by BaconandSauce
I think the point that you belong to the group that has killed more muslims than anyone else is rather relevant

1. Look at the OP
2. Look in the mirror and realise how much of a Class 1 idiot you are
3. Any human being can say this many people killed this group but to separate the idiots from the academics, references are needed.
4. You really are a prize bellend, aren't you?
Original post by Zargabaath
Not that they're that comparable, but Putin is the leader of one of the planets superpowers. So when he's calling out a magazine it's a much bigger issue, then when some butthurt fundies call it out.

What's a butthurt fundie
What's a butthurt fundie

People who take their religion way too seriously
1. Look at the OP
3. Any human being can say this many people killed this group but to separate the idiots from the academics, references are needed.
4. You really are a prize bellend, aren't you?

Ah is this the example of Muslim etiquette.

You really are a good example.

But serious question for you why do you think you are so special you think you can tell a magazine in a country you do not belong to what they can or can't print?
Mohammed is only sacred to a specified group of people, the very recent death of several innocents is a touchy subject however you look at it.

But serious question for you why do you think you are so special you think you can tell a magazine in a country you do not belong to what they can or can't print?

cus muh sky daddy's feelings are more important then human laws, duh
cus muh sky daddy's feelings are more important then human laws, duh

I know right

How childish an argument can you get
You both have completely missed the point. And you're both islamophobic = You won't post anything of value to this argument.

How is what they said "Islamophobic"?

On the other hand, I always thought Charlie Hebdo just used satirical humour rather than outright hate on and offend people and their religion. It does not mean that anyone deserved to be murdered.

They were criticised for the things they published regarding the plane crash, where hundreds of people died. Of course, considering these people had loved ones and lost their lifes, their lack of sensitivity towards the subject will give people the position to condemn them.
However, their published image of Islam's Prophet was not directly in response to a tragic event, so it was simply seen as freedom of speech/expression as only specific people follow the religion, not the majority.
It's all about the context.
(edited 8 years ago)
I know right

How childish an argument can you get

As childish as it is, grown adults are actually willing to not only die for, but kill others over this belief. What's even worse is that people with this mentality are seen as "normal" human beings as opposed to mentally ill.
What's a butthurt fundie

Take your own advice

1. Look at the OP

But a butthurt fundie is someone who thinks they can tell other people in countries they do not belong to what they can or can't draw cartoons about

They will try the argumentum ad populum and this will also fail and when it does they cry like children
That last sentence is 100% subjective whilst the FACT is that sacrilege refers to that which people (any people) see as sacred.

That's just the thing. Something or someone being "sacred" is just a matter of opinion, of interpretation. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if people are offended when the subject matter is a morally repugment man who's been dead for centuries.
Reply 33
Oxford definition of "sacrilege" - Violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred.

Sacred? Hmmm, and this did NOT apply with the previous Muhammed incident? REAALLYYY makes you think, doesn't it?

I think that Charlie Hebdo should have the right to put out these cartoons but equally it is definitely fair game to criticize them.

Okay, so think of all the friends and loved ones of all the people who died in this crash. Imagine the great trauma and pain so many of them must be going through. How can you possibly compare the anger and offence they might reasonably take at these cartoons to the anger and offence a Muslim might take at the mocking of Mohammed? Sacred has religious connotations and is technically the incorrect word but here it is simply being used in the rather common way as meaning something that is deemed very important and worthy of respect by many people. In this sense, I think any remotely rational individual would agree that the lives of the recently deceased and the anguish of the recently bereaved trump the mocking of one man
(edited 8 years ago)
Shut up mate, my point is valid. Islamophobes wouldn't give a damn about this issue and would only post valueless comments. It'd be nice to see unbiased non-muslims thoughts on this.

'Shut up mate'? Why would any unbiased non-muslim waste their time on this thread when the OP can't even maintain a civil debate for five seconds before resorting to insulting those with opposing views and telling them to 'shut up'. You are just going to call names and be a **** until you hear what you want to hear. Mate.

Naahh mate, I don't practise my religion much so my etiquette is lacking, the good muslims are very different to me (I'mma work on my manner though dw) but I do hate it when people dump on my beliefs and insult our people just on our beliefs.

Judge our religion by the book, not by the people. But we're digressing . . .
People who take their religion way too seriously

What's your point? 1.57 billion muslims were offended. Noone's butthurt. We were genuinely offended.
Take your own advice

1. Look at the OP

But a butthurt fundie is someone who thinks they can tell other people in countries they do not belong to what they can or can't draw cartoons about

They will try the argumentum ad populum and this will also fail and when it does they cry like children

Argument ad populum? What's this? And my point isn't about the initial Hebdo incident. It's about how Putin spoke out now and now before. Stick to the topic.
Naahh mate, I don't practise my religion much so my etiquette is lacking, the good muslims are very different to me (I'mma work on my manner though dw) but I do hate it when people dump on my beliefs and insult our people just on our beliefs.

Judge our religion by the book, not by the people. But we're digressing . . .

I could do both but you didn't explain why you think your opinion has any weight over this issue?
Argument ad populum? What's this? And my point isn't about the initial Hebdo incident. It's about how Putin spoke out now and now before. Stick to the topic.

Try google you might just learn something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending