The Student Room Group

Which uni for computer science?

Scroll to see replies

Further to this our computing science department was recently ranked 2nd in the country for overall satisfaction, and we've a high employment figure for those who graduate from the school.

Take a look at our video here:

[video="youtube;pW4ulxZqLD8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW4ulxZqLD8&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Original post by ultimaterob97
So as I'm doing level 3 IT software that would meet the requirement?

Original post by jontyfernz
Maybe but you can mail the admissions team to confirm it

Seriously guys, it says BTEC IT - it's pretty black and white...

Definitely retake your Maths GCSE if you can, many more universities will be willing to consider you if it's at least at a B.
Reply 22
Redo your GCSE Maths and aim for an A or a B

Bath - CS - D*D*D*
Southampton - IT - DDD
Southampton - CS or SE (with foundation) - DDM
UCL - IT - DDD
Royal Holloway - CS or SE - DDD
Nottingham - CS - DDD
Surrey - Computing & IT - DDD
Cardiff - CS - DDD
Kings College London - CS - DDD
QMUL - CS - D*DD
Loughborogh - D*DD
Liverpool - D*DD
Brunel - CS - D*DD
Manchester - IT - DDD
Newcastle - CS - DDD (i think)
Sussex - CS - DDD/DDM
UEA - CS - DDM
Aston - CS -DDD
Reading - CS - DDM

These are all from memory so exuse me if some are wrong or have changed from the last time I looked
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks for the list :smile: and I don't really have the option to retake as I'm on my second year and already have a c, I asked and I can't do it :/ kinda bad but I guess I don't get a choice
Thanks for the list :smile: and I don't really have the option to retake as I'm on my second year and already have a c, I asked and I can't do it :/ kinda bad but I guess I don't get a choice

Do it as a private candidate. It should be easy enough to bring up if you just work through textbook questions, and past papers by yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah okay I'll look in to that :smile: just looked at Reading and it seems they just want DDD and nothing else, not too sure why :/ I like the look of reading, only thing is accommodation is slightly over 5000 which is slightly over what I wanted really but nothing major
Yeah okay I'll look in to that :smile: just looked at Reading and it seems they just want DDD and nothing else, not too sure why :/ I like the look of reading, only thing is accommodation is slightly over 5000 which is slightly over what I wanted really but nothing major

If you would rather go to a better uni why would you risk it over your GCSE grade - it can be easily retaken and done in very little time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only good thing about reading is the proximity to the I.T. Industry and internships could be a bit easier to get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jontyfernz
The only good thing about reading is the proximity to the I.T. Industry and internships could be a bit easier to get

Posted from TSR Mobile

so would it be a decent uni to go to? I'm not particularly fussed if its not amazing as long as its a good standard of education?

http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/computer-science-ug/bsc-computer-science-with-industrial-year.aspxsorry to be really annoying, here is the link to the course I want to do and from what I understand they don't care about gcses they only want DDD/DDM?also one more question, how much do you usually loan for student accommodation? I think that it will cost around 5500 pounds to live at reading for a year but how do I get that money? job or government? thanks guys :smile:
also I have a car, I don't think ill be able to take my car too reading so its not really a good idea picking that one, that's why I liked Sheffield Hallam and aber as they both have parking available
so would it be a decent uni to go to? I'm not particularly fussed if its not amazing as long as its a good standard of education?

http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/computer-science-ug/bsc-computer-science-with-industrial-year.aspxsorry to be really annoying, here is the link to the course I want to do and from what I understand they don't care about gcses they only want DDD/DDM?also one more question, how much do you usually loan for student accommodation? I think that it will cost around 5500 pounds to live at reading for a year but how do I get that money? job or government? thanks guys :smile:

Don't know much about the loan system in UK as I'm ineligible.As for the link,the site is down

Posted from TSR Mobile
also I have a car, I don't think ill be able to take my car too reading so its not really a good idea picking that one, that's why I liked Sheffield Hallam and aber as they both have parking available

Car parking should be the last thing on your mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because, you go to university to study not to boast about your car.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Princepieman
Because, you go to university to study not to boast about your car.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha cant believe this is even a thing :P

OP go to the best uni you can
I'm not boasting, it was a genuine question...
I'm not boasting, it was a genuine question...

It makes more sense going around in public transport.
Also just because I own A Merc does not mean I'm not gonna ship it to the UK

University time should be spent wisely to enjoy time.
You would rarely have time for going out,you will enjoy in the city or town or village you are in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending