The Student Room Group

I'm a feminist, ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _AyyLmao
But feminism was created to empower women during the 1960's. This was achieved, so why is it still needed today? The majority of the issues which they argue about mean almost nothing; while some things such as the wage gap are clearly present, males also face issues which are never covered.

One example of this is rape, society creates the image that males cannot be raped by a woman, but this is far from the truth. Surely by feminism being as extreme as it is in comparison to men's rights being covered, this completely contradicts the original aim of feminism which is that all genders should be equal.

It doesn't exist!!!
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
It doesn't exist!!!

Open to debate, if we had access to everybody's wages then we could tell, until then it is a matter of opinion
Original post by ItsLyanna
Title says it all - I'm bored and would like to see what the general perception of feminism is on here. Ask away! ^^

What size of dick have u got
Use your own words: why is the Gender Pay Gap not a myth.

The funny thing is even if we take the gender pay gap entirely at face value, the suicide rate gap is much, much larger. And the workplace deaths gap. And the obvious war deaths gap. And the random assault victim gap. I'm not a big fan of scoring points in the "which gender has it the worst" game but you've gotta fight fire with fire...
Go **** yourself.

We seem to have hit a nerve Robin!

Who you are is biologically determined - this is undeniable truth and fact.

If I wake up one day and say "I feel like a lizard today" that wouldn't change the fact that I was born a man.
Original post by _AyyLmao
Open to debate, if we had access to everybody's wages then we could tell, until then it is a matter of opinion

It has been thoroughly discredited by many institutions. However, this myth will never die.
Reply 126
Original post by Bigdobber
What size of dick have u got

I decided to buy the 6P version, so it's 6.8 inches. I was looking at the 6C, but.. I wanted those extra .2 inches.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The funny thing is even if we take the gender pay gap entirely at face value, the suicide rate gap is much, much larger. And the workplace deaths gap. And the obvious war deaths gap. And the random assault victim gap. I'm not a big fan of scoring points in the "which gender has it the worst" game but you've gotta fight fire with fire...

The fact that men earn less than women in their 20s should be brought into question, but nothing is being said or done about it. If it doesn't suit the agenda, it won't be taken into consideration.
Reply 128
We seem to have hit a nerve Robin!

Who you are is biologically determined - this is undeniable truth and fact.

If I wake up one day and say "I feel like a lizard today" that wouldn't change the fact that I was born a man.

If you cared so much about facts, then you'd realise that not everything biological manifests physically. If you think that only what can be seen, such as genitalia and chromosomes, is what signifies gender, then you clearly don't believe in thoughts, or consciousness, and also probably don't believe in mental illnesses, or anything else which doesn't manifest physically.
If you cared so much about facts, then you'd realise that not everything biological manifests physically. If you think that only what can be seen, such as genitalia and chromosomes, is what signifies gender, then you clearly don't believe in thoughts, or consciousness, and also probably don't believe in mental illnesses, or anything else which doesn't manifest physically.

Gender is a social construct, sex is a biological fact.

If you have a penis, you're a man. If you have a vagina, you're a woman. If you have a beak and look like a duck, you're probably a duck. If you think you're a duck, but you have a penis and testicles, you're a bloke. If you think you're a woman, but you've got balls and testicles, you're a bloke.

:lol: @ what's in bold.

What has mental illness got to do with gender or sex?

Stop regurgitating things you've read in articles or heard people say, it's rather embarrassing.
The fact that men earn less than women in their 20s should be brought into question, but nothing is being said or done about it. If it doesn't suit the agenda, it won't be taken into consideration.

It's an epidemic of inductive reasoning really. As I pointed out in my slightly uncalled for semi-essay a couple pages ago if you work on the premise that a "matriarchy" exists you can easily use it to explain many of the problems supposedly engendered by patriarchy. So many people aren't looking for truth any more; they aren't willing to have a genuinely open mind, they pick an ideology and bend reality to cater to it.
Reply 131
Gender is a social construct, sex is a biological fact.

Yeah, so you agree with me then? It's called being 'transgender'.
It's an epidemic of inductive reasoning really. As I pointed out in my slightly uncalled for semi-essay a couple pages ago if you work on the premise that a "matriarchy" exists you can easily use it to explain many of the problems supposedly engendered by patriarchy. So many people aren't looking for truth any more; they aren't willing to have a genuinely open mind, they pick an ideology and bend reality to cater to it.

Precisely.

Even the OP is on one... she's regurgitating articles and things she's heard to fit her agenda. She has literally come up with 0% of her own opinion.
Original post by Pro Crastination
So am I, I'd like to think. What do you think when you see stuff like this?

makes me sick. how about you? x
What do you define as patriarchy?
Yeah, so you agree with me then? It's called being 'transgender'.

No, that's the point, I don't.

Biological sex is scientic fact, therefore I'm more inclined to believe it is true.

Gender is a social construct / 'fact', therefore I'm far less inclined to believe in it.

I respect a 'transgenders' choice to transition, but I don't see them as what they 'think' they are.
Reply 136
Precisely.

Even the OP is on one... she's regurgitating articles and things she's heard to fit her agenda. She has literally come up with 0% of her own opinion.

You know what's funny? I have formed my own opinion. I used to be very anti-feminist, and I slowly changed my opinion based on my own observances.

If you can't use evidence to back up your claims, blame it on the patriarchy.
Reply 138
No, that's the point, I don't.

Biological sex is scientic fact, therefore I'm more inclined to believe it is true.

Gender is a social construct / 'fact', therefore I'm far less inclined to believe in it.

I respect a 'transgenders' choice to transition, but I don't see them as what they 'think' they are.

So you're still a transphobic douchebag. Have fun being looked upon by society in thirty years in the same way we now look at racists in the 60s.
Reply 139
Original post by BobbyFlay
What do you define as patriarchy?

A society where men, and masculinity, are dominant.

Quick Reply

Latest