The Student Room Group

I'm a feminist, ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ItsLyanna
You know what's funny? I have formed my own opinion. I used to be very anti-feminist, and I slowly changed my opinion based on my own observances.

Your 'own' observations? :lol:

All you did to prove there was a Gender Pay Gap was hand me a silly, easily discredited article which doesn't even question the other side of the coin - it's biased.

You should have stayed anti-feminist.
A society where men, and masculinity, are dominant.

But women are dominant in some aspects of society, so is it really a patriarchy or an invisible "pressure".
A society where men, and masculinity, are dominant.

How do you plan on solving these issues then?
How would you destroy the patriarchy?
Original post by cheimcallyginger
since a feminist is just someone who believes man and women should have equal rights aren't most of us?

This is a logical fallacy which seemingly every young feminist employs to feel less insecure in their beliefs. Firstly, your definition does not account for every feminist. There are plenty who would not fit it and still have an equal claim to identifying as feminist. Secondly, feminism does not have a monopoly on the idea of gender equality. Simply describing yourself as a feminist does not clarify that you support some all-encompassing gender equality and disassociating oneself from feminism is not therefore opposed to the idea of gender equality - things are a little more complicated than that. To me and plenty of men and women, feminism is fundamentally flawed in such a way that it is ultimately only harmful to the state of real gender equality.
(edited 8 years ago)
So you're still a transphobic douchebag. Have fun being looked upon by society in thirty years in the same way we now look at racists in the 60s.

transphobiatranz'fəʊbɪə,trans'fəʊbɪə/nounnoun: transphobia

intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

Strange, I don't see any transphobia in what I said :wink:
Do you believe in "rape culture"?
Reply 146
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
transphobiatranz'fəʊbɪə,trans'fəʊbɪə/nounnoun: transphobia

intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people.

Strange, I don't see any transphobia in what I said :wink:

By refusing to acknowledge trans people as their gender, you are prejudiced against them.
Why should I care about your movement? What do you aim to bring to the table with it and what is your endgame? It's all well and good opposing this "Patriarchy" but when you've won what will you replace it with?

Not meaning to sound rude here but these are questions nobody has ever answered to me.
Reply 148
Original post by Armastan

Yes.

This should be entertaining...

Reply 150
Your 'own' observations? :lol:

All you did to prove there was a Gender Pay Gap was hand me a silly, easily discredited article which doesn't even question the other side of the coin - it's biased.

You should have stayed anti-feminist.

I already stated that I'm ill, and not currently feeling up to trawling the internet for a good source, then formatting it into a long post. But you just conveniently ignored that.
Yes.

Then my next question is... Why?
Reply 152
Original post by BobbyFlay
How do you plan on solving these issues then?
How would you destroy the patriarchy?

Awareness, really.
By refusing to acknowledge trans people as their gender, you are prejudiced against them.

So are you prejudice if you refuse to aknowledge trans people for their sex??
I already stated that I'm ill, and not currently feeling up to trawling the internet for a good source, then formatting it into a long post. But you just conveniently ignored that.

So you're telling me you just pulled one out your arse? :lol: :rofl:

I didn't "conveniently ignore it" lol

You said "AMA", yet I thought one would be prepared to answer anything - which you're not.
Reply 155
Then my next question is... Why?

The first thing I want to make clear, is that rape culture is not a society where rape is considered A-OK. Rape culture refers to a culture in which factors of that culture either encourage, or don't discourage, people from raping. Things such as stating that women 'deserved it', or victim blaming. Things such as sexualization in non-sexual circumstances. Now I've explained that, I hope it's clear why I believe it exists.
You and axolotti should get a room
Awareness, really.
Reply 157
So you're telling me you just pulled one out your arse? :lol: :rofl:

I didn't "conveniently ignore it" lol

You said "AMA", yet I thought one would be prepared to answer anything - which you're not.

Funnily enough, this thread is days old. I didn't feel like **** when I started it.
Original post by Bigdobber
You and axolotti should get a room

I think she's a lesbian though :frown: She don't want this D.
Funnily enough, this thread is days old. I didn't feel like **** when I started it.

Get one of your loony friends on then!

Quick Reply

Latest