The Student Room Group

I'm a feminist, ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
So are you prejudice if you refuse to aknowledge trans people for their sex??

No, because no trans person will be offended if you refer to them by their gender, lmao.
Original post by ItsLyanna
A society where men, and masculinity, are dominant.

What reason do you have for thinking this is the case and why is it necessarily a bad thing?
No, because no trans person will be offended if you refer to them by their gender, lmao.

But surely if you have to acknowledge gender, then you have to acknowledge sex! But since since sex is more important than gender.... I beg to differ! :wink:
Reply 163
Original post by a noble chance
What reason do you have for thinking this is the case and why is it necessarily a bad thing?

Because men, for example, are dominant in government. It's bad, because it's not representative.
Original post by a noble chance

Because her binman, postman, milkman, chauffeur, butler are all men, so therefore PATRIARCHY!
I think she's a lesbian though :frown: She don't want this D.

She's probably used to a bigger one in the shape of strap on I bet she likes to be the man if she does drink from the furry mug
Reply 166
But surely if you have to acknowledge gender, then you have to acknowledge sex! But since since sex is more important than gender.... I beg to differ! :wink:

Sex is essentially irrelevant. What is important is what gender someone identifies as. I can understand you not comprehending this, as your cis privilege means you haven't experienced gender dysphoria - you don't have any idea what it's like to not identify as the gender you're assigned.
Because men, for example, are dominant in government. It's bad, because it's not representative.

Men dominate that field because more men are interested in politics than women.
Reply 168
Men dominate that field because more men are interested in politics than women.

And why is that? That's due to social conditioning.
Awareness, really.

From your previous posts you seem to believe that patriarchy is a - or the only cause - of the issues in society.
A society where men, and masculinity, are dominant.

By your definition, can you see why people do not support feminism when you say things like this?
Blame the men, because equality. Not only that but the definition and use of the term 'patriarchy' is different from feminist to feminist. To an average person the movement ( feminism ) seems unstable and unclear, not even having a basic definitive definition, one which is used fervently by most feminists as a refutation.

Furthermore, you included, use justifications such as the 'pay gap' as an argument for feminism. Where the actual statistic has been heavily refuted, a modicum of knowledge of statistics will tell you why the stastic is not representative of a 'wage gap' - it is because it is a median ratio calculation, meaning virtually every factor that affects wage is not considered, such as experience, education etc...
(edited 8 years ago)
Sex is essentially irrelevant. What is important is what gender someone identifies as. I can understand you not comprehending this, as your cis privilege means you haven't experienced gender dysphoria - you don't have any idea what it's like to not identify as the gender you're assigned.

Aren't you cis too, so therefore you somehow know how it feels - wat?

Sex is entirely relevant.

This whole transgender thing just sounds like a religious fanatic and their belief in the existence of a God when there is ZERO physical evidence of it.

A transperson/gender/whatever has no physical proof they're what they say there, so we're supposed to believe them??

Sex is the physical proof.

:rolleyes: "Social Conditioning".

You really have bought into this bat-**** crazy Feminist gobbledygook :lol:

Citation?
Is there some sort of social condition forcing you to not go into politics?
As you have mentioned before, you are doing english lit. Has social conditioning forced you to not pursue politics?
Reply 173
Aren't you cis too, so therefore you somehow know how it feels - wat?

Sex is entirely relevant.

This whole transgender thing just sounds like a religious fanatic and their belief in the existence of a God when there is ZERO physical evidence of it.

A transperson/gender/whatever has no physical proof they're what they say there, so we're supposed to believe them??

Sex is the physical proof.

I'm actually trans.
Reply 174
:rolleyes: "Social Conditioning".

You really have bought into this bat-**** crazy Feminist gobbledygook :lol:

You mean, a principle of psychology since before feminism was really a thing? Pavlov's dog. Skinner's pigeons.
Original post by BobbyFlay
Citation?
Is there some sort of social condition forcing you to not go into politics?
As you have mentioned before, you are doing english lit. Has social conditioning forced you to not pursue politics?

She's been "socially conditioned" to study English lit instead, of course. Some magically force has pushed her into taking it because she's a woman :rolleyes:

What a joke.
Why do you waste your time with this? Are you not good looking? Instead of writing pro-feminist articles you could be on a beach in Cancun.
Reply 177
Original post by BobbyFlay
Where the actual statistic has been heavily refuted, a modicum of knowledge of statistics will tell you why the stastic is not representative of a 'wage gap' - it is because it is a median ratio calculation, meaning virtually every factor that affects wage is not considered, such as experience, education etc...

But why is there a difference in education? Why is there a difference in experience?
You mean, a principle of psychology since before feminism was really a thing? Pavlov's dog. Skinner's pigeons.

So what conditioned you to take English lit instead of Politics, which might(?) have been what you were designated to do when you were born? :rolleyes:
Reply 179
She's been "socially conditioned" to study English lit instead, of course. Some magically force has pushed her into taking it because she's a woman :rolleyes:

What a joke.

So what conditioned you to take English lit instead of Politics, which might(?) have been what you were designated to do when you were born? :rolleyes:

Actually, a large part of English Literature is about feminist theories. I was interested in it because of that.

Quick Reply

Latest