The Student Room Group

Im getting no where with by As level Computer science course! ~PLEASE HELP

Hello, hope this message reaches you in good health. The problem is we have teachers at my sixth form in the ICT department that don't know how to teach? I'm actually studying both ICT and computer science at AS level
( Exam board is AQA) Could someone give me some notes that will actually get me through both my ICT and computer science course. I do not want to re-sit this year again. Already stressed out as it is. I hope someone can help me as i'm in a very uncomfortable position at the moment.
Reply 2
I'm also studying AQA AS Level computer science this year. To be quite honest with you if you put in the time and dedication it's not too hard to teach yourself. I personally have been taking notes on each chapter of the following book in spider diagram format, noting down key definitions:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/191052302X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-2&pf_rd_r=1CAZFS8MBS042HYB6ADE&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577048787&pf_rd_i=desktop

It's quite a well written book which covers pretty much everything that you need to know for AS. It's quite helpful to do some programming in your spare time to further your knowledge of programming also which you will need to understand for the exam.

Hope I helped :smile:
Original post by AmarRPM
I'm also studying AQA AS Level computer science this year. To be quite honest with you if you put in the time and dedication it's not too hard to teach yourself. I personally have been taking notes on each chapter of the following book in spider diagram format, noting down key definitions:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/191052302X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-2&pf_rd_r=1CAZFS8MBS042HYB6ADE&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577048787&pf_rd_i=desktop

It's quite a well written book which covers pretty much everything that you need to know for AS. It's quite helpful to do some programming in your spare time to further your knowledge of programming also which you will need to understand for the exam.

Hope I helped :smile:

Hello, yes i guess i'll just have to teach myself everything. spider diagrams actually for me so i guess i'll just do the same as you by taking notes on each chapter.I've actually placed an order for this book just now. The program we using at sixth form is python and i've installed it onto my laptop. Thank You for your time it honestly means a lot. Much appreciated.
Reply 5
Original post by bakersman110
Hello, yes i guess i'll just have to teach myself everything. spider diagrams actually for me so i guess i'll just do the same as you by taking notes on each chapter.I've actually placed an order for this book just now. The program we using at sixth form is python and i've installed it onto my laptop. Thank You for your time it honestly means a lot. Much appreciated.

I'm also programming in Python. Some good resources to use are codeacademy, as it pretty much teaches you step by step from the basics to a relatively advanced level. I'd suggest learning a lot of Python/programming languages in general in your spare time as you'll need to know a programming language for when you develop and analyse a program next year.
Original post by AmarRPM
I'm also programming in Python. Some good resources to use are codeacademy, as it pretty much teaches you step by step from the basics to a relatively advanced level. I'd suggest learning a lot of Python/programming languages in general in your spare time as you'll need to know a programming language for when you develop and analyse a program next year.

code academy looks like a useful resource to use. Thank You very much for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending