The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Bye bye, Kit Symons.
I feel Symons was broken down time and time again by the unlikely faithful of Fulham. He will get a League One side up I reckon in the next two seasons and unlock his true potential.
Fulham's a strange club right now. Very poor performance this weekend, too.
They have been for a while now. The relegation has almost killed them as a club I feel and fans have changed.

A friend of mine (doesnt know anything below 12th place in the Championship) seemed to dislike the idea of non league teams in the FA Cup and believes that they shouldn't be allowed entry into it until they prove their worth.

Personally I feel all teams should enter at the same time, not fair for teams from the 5th-10th tier play 6-7 games before even seeing what most football fans consider big teams. Make it a full season competition. Manchester United vs Dorchester and what not.
Who's next at Fulham? I predict Chris Powell or Chris Ramsey to keep the anti- racists happy
Original post by shawn_o1
Who's next at Fulham? I predict Chris Powell or Chris Ramsey to keep the anti- racists happy

Dont see what the fuss is about. Our manager Gavin Rose is black and neve seems to kick a fuss. Hell I think our podcast group interviewed him asking about the Rooney Rule and he thinks its utter *******s. Surprised no higher level clubs have ever thought of scouting him out really.
Original post by Mackay
Just seen Mowatt's screamer. Lovely goal, and his second pearler in a week.Who do we reckon will be promoted automatically? Despite their strong start, I find it hard to see if Brighton have what it takes for a promotion push. That said, Bournemouth surprised us all.
Brighton struggle to really go in for the kill on sides, e.g. a 10 men Wolves who they were only able to scrape a 1-1 against. They are well organised though defensively.Hull should walk the League. I'm also predicting Middlesbrough to do well, especially if Downing hits form. He was phenomenal in the Prem last season, so should kill the Championship
All I know is that Rotherham will undoubtedly finish up in the bottom three, probably with Bristol City and Bolton, who ground out a mind-numbingly boring goalless draw yesterday by all accounts.
Original post by Diego Costa

Jordan Pickford
Moses Adubajo---Curtis Davies---Michael Dawson---James Husband
Albert Adomah---Dale Stephens---Alan Judge---Sam Clucas
Chris Martin---Andre Gray

Heaton,
Christie, Dawson, Davies, Friend
Murphy, Clucas, Diame, Judge
Gray, Blackman
Alan Judge eleven times tbh.
Bolton Wanderers have rejected claims they are considering administration and that club staff could lose their jobs.

What is going on with that football club? No pennies to rub together, and they are in danger of falling foul of an improved quality in the second tier this season. They could very easily be relegated.
They have been in a lot of trouble for ages now especially since they dropped out the Premier League and had to sell the likes of Gary Cahill for next to nothing, think League One beckons sadly for them.
Original post by Rock Fan
They have been in a lot of trouble for ages now especially since they dropped out the Premier League and had to sell the likes of Gary Cahill for next to nothing, think League One beckons sadly for them.

Always questionable when they didn't bid for Le Fondre and make that move permanent, instead opting to recruit Gary ****ing Madine.
Madine is an absolutely donkey, was League one level at best, probably not even that anymore.
Madine is an absolutely donkey, was League one level at best, probably not even that anymore.

He only managed a couple while at Coventry last season.
I only post in here these days to criticise how poor of a player Gary Madine was and is.

Strange to think that three and a half years ago he was in relegation battles, but since moving he's won the Champions League, Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup.

Gary Madine seems like a tit in real life. I would overlook this if he had some talent, but he doesn't. It's a little unfair he still gets to play football despite a prison sentence, yet Ched Evans doesn't. Taking away what they've done in real life, Evans has far more to offer the game.
Strange to think that three and a half years ago he was in relegation battles, but since moving he's won the Champions League, Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup.

Gary Madine seems like a tit in real life. I would overlook this if he had some talent, but he doesn't. It's a little unfair he still gets to play football despite a prison sentence, yet Ched Evans doesn't. Taking away what they've done in real life, Evans has far more to offer the game.

Madine's crime was far less serious than what Evans did. He punched some geezers whilst drunk (as he generally was on a saturday night). Having said that there were many calls for him to be released from his contract whilst serving his sentence. Got to say though Evans' crime was far more sinister and has yet to admit some form of guilt. Football wouldn't miss either of them fools.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Madine's crime was far less serious than what Evans did. He punched some geezers whilst drunk (as he generally was on a saturday night). Having said that there were many calls for him to be released from his contract whilst serving his sentence. Got to say though Evans' crime was far more sinister and has yet to admit some form of guilt. Football wouldn't miss either of them fools.

My point was if you take away the crime itself, Evans has far more to offer. Particularly after some of the colossal performances in the 2012/13.
My point was if you take away the crime itself, Evans has far more to offer. Particularly after some of the colossal performances in the 2012/13.

I should think so for the £3+ million price tag that he cost and the massive wages :lol: But yes indeed Evans was a better player in the 2012/3 season, despite the fact the donkey Madine had his greatest season ever.

Quick Reply

Latest