The Student Room Group

Overrated bands/artists

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by John55
Songs like High and Dry and Karma Police have brilliant melodies... But everyone's listened to them so I guess your probably just never going to be a Radio head fan, which is fair enough...

Karma Police is the only song that I like, but I like that a lot, it's a great song!
Reply 21
Original post by driftawaay
Vampire Weekend is really vanilla and Two Door Cinema Club is possibly the most boring band I have ever listened to (seriously). I LOVED Ed Sheeran's first album but the second one is horrible and him trying to rap (or whatever it is he was doing on half of the songs) was abominable.

My problem with Muse is that they are so unrelatable and pretentious. Why would you write songs such as The 2nd Law: Isolated System and Exogenesis Symphony, like how pretentious can you get.

I love The 1975. :h:

Why do you like The 1975? I had a tingly feeling you liked them (I only liek sex) :unimpressed:

Have you heard of Bloc Party?
Reply 22
Original post by kkboyk
Why do you like The 1975? I had a tingly feeling you liked them (I only liek sex) :unimpressed:

Have you heard of Bloc Party?

I love pop rock in general, there's so many bops on their album! Sex is my fav song and Chocolate gives me so much life :colondollar: Robbers is really good too and I love the video its so awwww

I havent heard of Bloc Party
i love paramore.
I like them too. With their growing popularity I've seemed to notice that a lot of young people seem to be branding them as the "best rock band" around when this isn't really the case (for starters they're more of a pop rock band); I'm not saying the band itself are a problem but the excessive hype they're receiving now seems to be a bit misplaced.
Karma Police is the only song that I like, but I like that a lot, it's a great song!

But Radiohead have SO MANY gems. What about Videotape?:

[video="youtube;Qvv-LpTBWVk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvv-LpTBWVk[/video]
Reply 25
Original post by hellodave5
But Radiohead have SO MANY gems. What about Videotape?:

[video="youtube;Qvv-LpTBWVk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvv-LpTBWVk[/video]

That is so dull :frown:
Reply 26
I love pop rock in general, there's so many bops on their album! Sex is my fav song and Chocolate gives me so much life :colondollar: Robbers is really good too and I love the video its so awwww

Two things women like: sex and chocolate.

You need to listen to them!!! Their song 'Banquet' (which is about sex) has to be their best and one of the best indie type songs I've heard.

What about Foals?
Reply 27
Original post by kkboyk

You need to listen to them!!! Their song 'Banquet' (which is about sex) has to be their best and one of the best indie type songs I've heard.

What about Foals?

OK I will listen to them :h:

I love the Foals! Their new album is great
That is so dull :frown:

Their dullest one probably :biggrin:. Radiohead aren't rainbows and sunshine - but I love their music if not wanting something too upbeat haha

Listen to Bloc Party-Silent Alarm this very minute...and then listen to the remix version of Luno (remixed by Death From Above 1979...who are freaking awesome incidentally).

As for overrated, yep Muse crap on record, crap live and so far up their own arse. Also would add Kurt Vile and Destroyer into the mix of Pitchfork-hyped balls.
Reply 30
Original post by Paulwyn
Listen to Bloc Party-Silent Alarm this very minute...and then listen to the remix version of Luno (remixed by Death From Above 1979...who are freaking awesome incidentally).

As for overrated, yep Muse crap on record, crap live and so far up their own arse. Also would add Kurt Vile and Destroyer into the mix of Pitchfork-hyped balls.

The only song I like from Kurt's album is That's Life Tho, but other than that it's pretty forgettable Destroyer didn't impress me much either, I only kept Times Square and Dream Lover from the album. A lot of the Pitchfork hyped stuff is just so dull haha. But a lot of unknown indie artists are unknown for a reason, lmao.

I also forgot to mention Thirty Seconds to Mars, I love Jared Leto but my god they are SO.****ING.PRETENTIOUS. Oh Lord.
(edited 8 years ago)
The only song I like from Kurt's album is That's Life Tho, but other than that it's pretty forgettable Destroyer didn't impress me much either, I only kept Times Square and Dream Lover from the album. A lot of the Pitchfork hyped stuff is just so dull haha. But a lot of unknown indie artists are unknown for a reason, lmao.

I also forgot to mention Thirty Seconds to Mars, I love Jared Leto but my god they are SO.****ING.PRETENTIOUS. Oh Lord.

I went to the Pitchfork festival in Paris last week and Destroyer were so dull, completely overshadowed by the likes of Health, Battles and Run the Jewels...all of whom I would check out. HEALTH in particular are amazing.
Reply 32
Original post by kkboyk

What about Foals?

I always consider This Modern Love to be Bloc Party's best song
Reply 33
OK I will listen to them :h:

I love the Foals! Their new album is great

What went down, Birch tree and mountains at my gates makes me melt.

Original post by John55
I always consider This Modern Love to be Bloc Party's best song

How comes? Compared to their other songs the bass and guitar riff is far better at Banquet, and pretty unique.
Reply 34
Original post by kkboyk

How comes? Compared to their other songs the bass and guitar riff is far better at Banquet, and pretty unique.

Those are my favs as well!!!
Reply 35
I am obsessed with Arcade Fire. I remember I used to hate them and think they were one of those pretentious indie bands but I made a real effort to get into them and they are geniuses. They have gotten better with each album. Although lots of people say they used to be good and they are getting worse with each album... lol, I guess they have gotten more commercial so they are now too mainstream for the indie hipsters who liked them in 2006.

Great taste.

I think The Suburbs will be their career zenith, but Reflektor was incredible too. I love every single thing they do.
Reply 36
Original post by kkboyk

From a technical standpoint it may not be their best song... I just personally really like the song, especially the guitar riff that the song goes into when the lead singer starts singing 'THIS MODERN LOOOOVE'.
Reply 37
Original post by John55
From a technical standpoint it may not be their best song... I just personally really like the song, especially the guitar riff that the song goes into when the lead singer starts singing 'THIS MODERN LOOOOVE'.

I only listen to This Modern Song right after hearing Biko for some reason.

I've only just recently realised after watching the music video for One More Chance that the drummer nevers smiles. Have you heard of Hunting for Witches?

Those are my favs as well!!!

The people I know who likes Foals only listen to My Number, which is annoying =_=
Reply 38
Original post by kkboyk
I only listen to This Modern Song right after hearing Biko for some reason.

I've only just recently realised after watching the music video for One More Chance that the drummer nevers smiles. Have you heard of Hunting for Witches?

The people I know who likes Foals only listen to My Number, which is annoying =_=

Yeah well was one of my top 10 songs from 2012. But Holy Fire has many amazing songs, Bad Habit and Inhaler are so good.
The 1975....... yikes

Catfish & The Bottlemen - Generic, empty and boring indie rock

Peace - I kinda like them but every entry-level alt girl is up their arse. I used to really like them when they released the Delicious EP. Their latest album isn't very good imo.

Royal Blood - I find all their songs sound very similar. They are good live though, I saw them when they were supporting Foo Fighters.

Quick Reply

Latest