The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nope.
Reply 2
i'm a muslim and no
Not all, though I would imagine in the Middle East nations are there very few who'd consider it tolerable as compared to those brought up in the West, and it ain't just cultural.
Well, in the Middle East, I'm pretty sure it would be very hard to find to find someone who isn't homophobic, as for the UK, about 60% of Muslims say they wouldn't be friends with a gay person so yeah, MOST Muslims are homophobes, not all though.
Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/muslims-britain-france-germany-homosexuality
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WilliamParker
Yeah most are. They are a lot worse than the Catholics/Christians in this country, but you can't criticize them as it's 'islamophobic' apparently and it is trendy to make fun of Christians.

Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance of homosexuality, says poll
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/muslims-britain-france-germany-homosexuality

Shocking polls. Compatible with the West? Islam?
Sure...
The thing is that while the Christian churches, Catholic or Protestant, would be against gay marriage they tend to accept that their views are their own. This is not the case with Islam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Mmmhhhh.....
People like to use biased statistics to justify their ignorance against Muslims.
If you are that profound of statistics please be racist and sexist.

Thanks You !:h:
No.
Reply 9
Obviously not all are.
"Are all muslims homophobes"
lel
Well I went to a London Uni with mostly Muslims in it and they are the most homophobic people I met.

They also seem to be the most racist towards black people for some reason
No, considering that I'm transgender and bisexual and have Muslim friends who've supported me all the way I find it highly unlikely they're homophobic.
Original post by WilliamParker
Well I went to a London Uni with mostly Muslims in it and they are the most homophobic people I met.

They also seem to be the most racist towards black people for some reason

Is it Queen Mary? Is it true that like half the uni is Muslim?
What is meant by homophobic?
Original post by driftawaay
Well, in the Middle East, I'm pretty sure it would be very hard to find to find someone who isn't homophobic, as for the UK, about 60% of Muslims say they wouldn't be friends with a gay person so yeah, MOST Muslims are homophobes, not all though.

What?

Where did you get this 60% stat from please? I highly doubt it'd be anywhere close to that.
If you're a proper muslim then you would be homophobic wouldn't you?
Original post by Fiduciam
What?

Where did you get this 60% stat from please? I highly doubt it'd be anywhere close to that.

It's those stats that were done as a Muslim opinion poll, the results of that poll are posted on TSR all the time to demonstrate how backwards Muslims are in this country, I cannot be bothered to find the link rn. I cant believe you would find that shocking though. Hardly surprising that immigrants from third world countries where you can get killed for being a homosexual are homophobic.
Reply 18
Original post by ermahgerd11
If you're a proper muslim then you would be homophobic wouldn't you?

Ehhh noo!
I welcome muslims in the UK and the majority are good citizens. However I don't welcome sharia laws that support homophobia, sexism, punishments for adultery, intolerance of other religions or beliefs

Latest