The Student Room Group

Hello, it's ADELE.

Scroll to see replies

Adele keeps breaking records. In three days, “Hello” has sold more than 750k across all platforms and could possibly finish the week with 1 million-plus. That follows the single’s new one-day record of 400k-plus.

Meanwhile, the video has surpassed 70m views.

As for the album 25 (due out 11/20), preorders across all platforms are over 200k after three days—and that is one helluva fast clip.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=298203

BROKE THE ONE-WEEK SALES RECORD ALREADY!

Taylor Swift's 1989, which opened with like 1.27 million copies, had 350k copies of pre-orders when it was released. These 200k are just after two days.

She's still on track to break Miley's quickest to 100 million views record.

Can ADELEGEND sell 250k in another four days to hit a milli? 400k first day, 350k the weekend. Reaching the milestone seems inevitable.

Hello
iTunes:
#1 United States#1 United Kingdom#1 Anguilla#1 Argentina#1 Armenia#1 Australia#1 Austria#1 Azerbaijan#1 Bahrain#1 Belarus#1 Belgium#1 Belize#1 Bolivia#1 Botswana#1 Brazil#1 British Virgin Islands#1 Brunei Darussalam#1 Bulgaria#1 Burkina Faso#1 Cambodia#1 Canada#1 Cape Verde#1 Chile#1 Colombia#1 Costa Rica#1 Cyprus#1 Czech Republic#1 Denmark#1 Dominican Republic#1 Ecuador#1 Egypt#1 El Salvador#1 Estonia#1 Fiji#1 Finland#1 France#1 Germany#1 Ghana#1 Greece#1 Guatemala#1 Honduras#1 Hungary#1 India#1 Indonesia#1 Ireland#1 Israel#1 Italy#1 Jordan#1 Kazakhstan#1 Kenya#1 Latvia#1 Lebanon#1 Lithuania#1 Luxembourg#1 Macau#1 Malaysia#1 Malta#1 Mauritius#1 Mexico#1 Moldova#1 Mongolia#1 Mozambique#1 Namibia#1 Netherlands#1 New Zealand#1 Nicaragua#1 Nigeria#1 Norway#1 Oman#1 Panama#1 Papua New Guinea#1 Paraguay#1 Peru#1 Philippines#1 Poland#1 Portugal#1 Qatar#1 Romania#1 Russia#1 Saint Kitts and Nevis#1 Saudi Arabia#1 Singapore#1 Slovakia#1 Slovenia#1 South Africa#1 Spain#1 Sri Lanka#1 Sweden#1 Switzerland#1 Taiwan#1 Thailand#1 The Bahamas#1 Trinidad and Tobago#1 Turkey#1 Ukraine#1 United Arab Emirates#1 Uzbekistan#1 Vietnam#1 Zimbabwe#2 Antigua and Barbuda#2 Hong Kong#2 Kyrgyzstan#3 Uganda#4 Laos#5 Tajikistan#10 Japan#30 SwazilandSpotify:
#1 United Kingdom#1 Belgium#1 Canada#1 Finland#1 France#1 Germany#1 Italy#1 Netherlands#1 Poland#1 Singapore#1 Switzerland#2 Worldwide#2 Australia#2 New Zealand#2 Norway#3 Denmark#3 Philippines#3 Sweden#4 Spain
Album: 25
iTunes:
#1 United States#1 United Kingdom#1 Argentina#1 Australia#1 Bahrain#1 Barbados#1 Belarus#1 Belgium#1 Bermuda#1 Botswana#1 Brazil#1 Brunei Darussalam#1 Bulgaria#1 Burkina Faso#1 Cambodia#1 Canada#1 Cayman Islands#1 Chile#1 Colombia#1 Costa Rica#1 Cyprus#1 Czech Republic#1 Denmark#1 Dominican Republic#1 Ecuador#1 Egypt#1 El Salvador#1 Estonia#1 Finland#1 France#1 Germany#1 Greece#1 Grenada#1 Guatemala#1 Honduras#1 Hong Kong#1 Hungary#1 India#1 Indonesia#1 Ireland#1 Israel#1 Italy#1 Japan#1 Kazakhstan#1 Kenya#1 Latvia#1 Lebanon#1 Lithuania#1 Luxembourg#1 Macau#1 Malaysia#1 Malta#1 Mauritius#1 Mexico#1 Mongolia#1 Mozambique#1 Namibia#1 Netherlands#1 New Zealand#1 Norway#1 Oman#1 Panama#1 Paraguay#1 Peru#1 Philippines#1 Poland#1 Portugal#1 Qatar#1 Romania#1 Saint Kitts and Nevis#1 Saudi Arabia#1 Singapore#1 Slovakia#1 Slovenia#1 South Africa#1 Spain#1 Switzerland#1 Taiwan#1 Thailand#1 The Bahamas#1 Trinidad and Tobago#1 Turkey#1 Uganda#1 Ukraine#1 United Arab Emirates#1 Vietnam#1 Zimbabwe#2 Armenia#2 Austria#2 Belize#2 Ghana#2 Jordan#2 Nigeria#2 Russia#2 Sweden#3 Laos#3 Swaziland#4 Papua New Guinea#6 Nicaragua#8 Antigua and Barbuda#8 Azerbaijan#8 British Virgin Islands#9 Sri Lanka#18 Bolivia#20 Moldova

Venezuela is literally living in the past - 'Hello' is out of Top 200 there and 25 is not Top 200 either. But 21 is No 1 and 'Someone Like You' is No 2.
Vevo@Vevo 32m#Hello , 27.7M views in one day! @Adelejust snatched the 24 hr record:bit.ly/1MmFepd #Adele24hrVevoRecord

Broke the record with 40% more views.

Updated estimates
1. Hello 1,021,000
2. Sorry 250,000
3. Hotline Bling 163,000
4. The Hills 83,000
5. What Do You Mean? 81,000
6. Stitches 74,000
7. Wildest Dreams 71,000
8. Ex's & Oh's 70,000
9. Downtown 67,000
10. Home 65,000
11. Like I'm Gonna Lose You 62,000
12. Die A Happy Man 62,000
13. Perfect 60,000

Back to a 1m+ projection - sales + sales from pre-orders would be 1.4-1.6 million. Living legend you can look but don't touch.

ADELE - Hello: 40.445 (+ 8.293)

U.K.@mintroyale 2h2 hours agoAdele has sold nearly 165,000 copies, including a whopping 830,000 streams.

Already the biggest opening of the year in the UK after three days of sales. It's projected to sell 300k in its first week in the UK.

---

From the desktop Spotify software, you all can see that Hello got 4,970,594 streams worldwide in the past 24 hours. The previous record was 4,3 million for Justin Bieber's What Do You Mean? Read more here: http://atrl.net/?t=888831.

In the US alone, Hello received 1,888,197 streams. Adele is the only woman in the list of Top 200 songs with most streams in the USA in one day. Here's the top ten:
1. 1,888,197 (Adele - Hello on October 25, 2015)
2. 1,506,243 (Drake - Hotline Bling on October 24, 2015)
3. 1,427,965 (Drake - Hotline Bling on October 25, 2015)
4. 1,392,205 (Adele - Hello on October 24, 2015)
5. 1,363,400 (Drake - Hotline Bling on October 23, 2015)
6. 1,358,577 (Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? on September 5, 2015)
7. 1,352,555 (Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? on September 2, 2015)
8. 1,331,116 (Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? on September 3, 2015)
9. 1,321,335 (Drake - Hotline Bling on October 22, 2015)
10. 1,314,029 (Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? on September 4, 2015)[Credit to "alexanderao" at ATRL.net for compiling this list: http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=856502]

In the UK, Adele smashed her own record she set yesterday. Hello got 673,087 streams in the past 24 hours. Yesterday she got 500k something and that was already a record.
25 is projected to do 1.5-1.7 million copies in the US basing it on current pre-orders. Eminem's record ain't safe. Utada's world-wide record ain't safe.

Video going 100 million today.

'Hello''s projection keeps trending up little by little. Now up to 1.15m excluding sales from pre-orders (which would add around 300-500k to the sum).

Broke Spotify's one-week global record! 22m streams after four days - record was 21m in a week.
(edited 8 years ago)
I really don't like this song. What is all the fuss about?! I love Adele - some of her music really is wonderful, but Hello is average compared to Hometown Glory or Someone Like You.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sandvika
nobody cares

Original post by preetg97
AMAZING

Original post by kkboyk
She does have a very large fan base (especially since it grew after Skyfall) and the song is heavily advertised, so its to be expected.

Original post by rat poison
ok I said in a following post that Celine's sound is **** but her voice isn't complimented by the music. Almost like producers/writers don't know what to do with her talent :u: Whereas Adele needs the beautiful ballads and cool videos.

has any of you heard this cover yet?

[video="youtube;PPQNbTPb-F0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQNbTPb-F0[/video]
THIS SONG IS HER BEST YET. I feel like this is her 'I will always love you'. Legendary.
Reply 166
Original post by driftawaay
THIS SONG IS HER BEST YET. I feel like this is her 'I will always love you'. Legendary.

I don't think Adele can belt that way :wink:
Original post by kka25
I don't think Adele can belt that way :wink:

OK she might not be Whitney Houston but still she has a beautiful voice. I just feel like this will end up being her signature song for ever.
Reply 168
OK she might not be Whitney Houston but still she has a beautiful voice. I just feel like this will end up being her signature song for ever.

Do you think she will decline after 25?
Original post by kka25
Do you think she will decline after 25?

Nooo, I have high hopes for her album. I actually don't like her first album at all and 21 is overrated. I mean it is a great album but the hysteria over it and how it's still on the charts is a bit too much. I think this new album will be her best yet.
I love it
gwey mampy crab
Reply 172
Nooo, I have high hopes for her album. I actually don't like her first album at all and 21 is overrated. I mean it is a great album but the hysteria over it and how it's still on the charts is a bit too much. I think this new album will be her best yet.

I didn't listen to 19 much; I only listen to Hometown Glory which is quite catchy. 21 was better since it has more catchy tunes. 25 ... I haven't listened to Hello - the video intro put me off a bit : /
Why do gay men deify female pop singers??? I really can't grasp the concept. Deify Miles Davis or Mozart ffs.
Original post by kka25
I didn't listen to 19 much; I only listen to Hometown Glory which is quite catchy. 21 was better since it has more catchy tunes. 25 ... I haven't listened to Hello - the video intro put me off a bit : /

Oh my god you haven't listened??? Go and listen rn it's her best song, its huge!! I was worried she wasnt going to be able to top Rolling in the deep and Set Fire to the rain but she did!
Reply 175
Oh my god you haven't listened??? Go and listen rn it's her best song, its huge!! I was worried she wasnt going to be able to top Rolling in the deep and Set Fire to the rain but she did!

Rolling and Fire were catchy tunes; which one of these is similar to Hello?
Original post by banterboy
Why do gay men deify female pop singers??? I really can't grasp the concept. Deify Miles Davis or Mozart ffs.

Its the gay teenage boys. They like music that teenage girls do, thats why. :biggrin: Also, female pop singers are always very openly gay friendly so thats why.
Its the gay teenage boys. They like music that teenage girls do, thats why. :biggrin: Also, female pop singers are always very openly gay friendly so thats why.

That kind of makes sense but i find the whole cult of beyonce/adele etc a bit...unsettling.
Original post by banterboy
That kind of makes sense but i find the whole cult of beyonce/adele etc a bit...unsettling.

It's because women are strong and we live in a patriarchy which has put women into a disadvantage.

Gays love strong women as a result, even Her Highness The Rt Hon The Baroness Thatcher. It's definitely not just gay teenagers or Madonna would have no fans left.

I wouldn't say ADELE has a cult or that her main fanbase is the gays. ADELEGEND's fanbase is the general public. No gay icons have captured the world as much as she has - ADELE is now giving us the biggest musical event since The Beatles - not even Michael Jackson peaked as high.
In true ADELEGEND fashion, 25 has defined all expectations.

After the first day, 25 is already diamond in Brazil and Poland.

After the first day, 25 has already sold more than 300k copies in the UK, potentially going above a million first week. Previous record was Oasis's not even 700k.

After the first day, 25 is looking to go more than 3 million copies in the US. The previous record for females was Britney Spears's 1.3m, and overall *Nsync's 2.4m. Industry sources say she'll go over a million just digitally (breaking of course Beyoncé's and Lady Gaga's records), another million just from Walmart and Target. They said her physical sales are literally so huge they couldn't find any other album in history to compare her against. People have been flooding Target and even the customer service counter is meeting 25 buyers all day. It's even predicted that she may outsell Justin Bieber's first-week sales (which was the biggest this year so far at 500k) every single day of the near future.

With the second week in the US containing both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, she's also looking to be the first album ever to have two million-selling weeks.

She's looking to go half a million in Germany, and similar stories are heard everywhere in the world.

The current global record for one-week sales was held by Utada with 3 million copies. She's definitely topping that.

What's crazier? The best-selling album in 2015 so far sold only 3.87m - she's going to have the best-selling album globally after less than a week!

On US radio, she's also just topped 200 million in audience impression (at No 1, of course) with a freaking 13 million increase.

She also occupied 7 of the Top 10 on US iTunes, a record shared by Michael Jackson after his death and Taylor Swift.

---

ETA: This just in!

ADELE sold 900k on iTunes only in the US...first day. Beyoncé's iTunes record (600k in three days) and Lady Gaga's digital record (600k overall in a week, 400k sold for $0.99) both snatched.

The previous 3m projection was based on iTunes selling 900k first week. How high can she go? The best-selling album so far is Taylor Swift's 1989 which has sold only 1.7m.

Whilst unconfirmed, we can be certain that she broke the first-day record set by *Nsync (1.1m) and Britney Spears's first-week record (1.3m) in just a day.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest