The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WilliamParker
Where is sikhophobia or hinduphobia???

There isn't any because they are generally nice people and fit in well in this country.

Islam is a terrible religion and the so called moderates don't make up for the evils Islam

An example of a person attacking a Sikh man because of he is wearing a Turban, as mandated by his faith..

If that's not "Sikhophobia", then I don't know what is.
Original post by driftawaay
Solution: Abolish the open doors to everyone system

Newsflash - that system doesn't exist. The only countries we have open borders with are EU members. So far as I am aware there is no country in the EU with a majority or even a strong minority Muslim population.
Original post by QE2
You will need to provide evidence of this in the context of critics Islamic ideology, rather than simply those saying "Muslims go home".

So, in other words, their arguments are not actually racist, but you are assuming that they must be because you are unable to separate the idea of Muslims and Brown Foreigners.

Irrelevant, as it is the content of the ideology that is being criticised, not the behaviour of its followers. A connection can then be made between the ideology and the actions of some Muslims, as well as the claims of other Muslims that some Muslims are not True Muslims, etc, despite the "NTMs" actions being demonstrably justified by the ideology.

You are still failing to establish a connection between criticism of an ideology and racism, other than your claim that all Muslims are the same race.

This statement again fails to support your claim. All it does is further highlight your own prejudice that anyone who criticises Islam must be racist.

Again, your argument seems to rest of the fallacious assumption that all critics of Islam think that all Muslims are Brown Foreigners and should "go home".

Your appreciation of this issue seems somewhat naive and lacking in nuance. Perhaps you have never actually encountered any ideological critics of Islam, but your presence on here would suggest otherwise.

I don't understand really, what your issue with my assertions are.

You seem to think that I am labelling others Islamophobes for speaking out against Islam.

I have made assertions, which are derived from the observations of the actions and speech of those who claim not to be racists yet in their arguments, point to specific colours or ethnicities as justification for their attack on an ideology which has more to do with the colour of the skin, as opposed to having any grounding in the ideology.

That "nuance" you accuse me of lacking, it is perhaps a description more suited to yourself.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
An example of a person attacking a Sikh man because of he is wearing a Turban, as mandated by his faith..

If that's not "Sikhophobia", then I don't know what is.

That is not as common as attacks on muslims . This attack would be Sikhopobia, that is a real thing as Sikhs are pretty harmless, unlike Muslims
Original post by Saoirse:3
Newsflash - that system doesn't exist. The only countries we have open borders with are EU members. So far as I am aware there is no country in the EU with a majority or even a strong minority Muslim population.

5% of the UK's population is Muslim and they have the highest birth rate. That's a significant number and is just getting bigger and bigger.
5% of the UK's population is Muslim and they have the highest birth rate. That's a significant number and is just getting bigger and bigger.

Right, so how it a change in immigration policy going to affect the fertility rate of Muslims who already live here?
Where is sikhophobia or hinduphobia???

There isn't any because they are generally nice people and fit in well in this country.

Islam is a terrible religion and the so called moderates don't make up for the evils Islam

That doesn't stop people abusing Sikhs though;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230910/Dangerous-racist-inspired-Jihadi-John-tried-behead-Sikh-dentist-Tesco-revenge-Lee-Rigby-s-murder-jailed-life.html

People shout abuse at me even if I just walk down the street (several people in the last week alone. I'm in a well off area-£180,000-£200,000 for a two bed flat so not amazing but not poor).

People claim it is only Muslims they dislike-in my experience anyone who isn't white is their real view.
That is not as common as attacks on muslims . This attack would be Sikhopobia, that is a real thing as Sikhs are pretty harmless, unlike Muslims

I was contradicting your claim that there "is no Sikhophobia or Hinduphobia".

Clearly there is.
Right, so how it a change in immigration policy going to affect the fertility rate of Muslims who already live here?

I didn't say it was going to change the fertiity rate of Muslims who already live here.
Yeah them people are the actual racists that don't like any other ethnicity. But most educated people can see islam is ****ing up this country. Sikhs are great people.
I was contradicting your claim that there "is no Sikhophobia or Hinduphobia".

Clearly there is.

It is not as common.

Muslims cry are bitch about every little thing. That is why you hear of this so called islamophobia so much.

Sikhs are usually amazing people. Muslims are not
I didn't say it was going to change the fertiity rate of Muslims who already live here.

No, but you suggested the solution it to abolish the "open-doors" system. How will that work when a) there is no such system and b) as you correctly identify the growth in the Muslim population is primarily due to the high birth rates of previous generations of immigrants?

Because: DEY TERK OUER JERRRRBS!!!!!!!!!!

I have made assertions, which are derived from the observations of the actions and speech of those who claim not to be racists yet in their arguments, point to specific colours or ethnicities as justification for their attack on an ideology

That "nuance" you accuse me of lacking, it is perhaps a description more suited to yourself.

You lack the nuance as not once have you been able to show us your observations
It is not as common.

Muslims cry are bitch about every little thing. That is why you hear of this so called islamophobia so much.

Sikhs are usually amazing people. Muslims are not

There are a lot of different Sikhs.

There are Sikhs who maim others by setting bombs and blowing themselves up. There are Sikhs who go on shooting sprees. There are Sikhs who try to maintain the racial purity of their females.

Then there are the Sikhs that operate food kitchens. Then there are those that help others from drowning.

There are a lot of different Sikhs,
Original post by BaconandSauce
You lack the nuance as not once have you been able to show us your observations

My examples are littered through the thread, for all to see.
My examples are littered through the thread, for all to see.

I've read the whole thread and granted there are the odd idiots but not enough to support your claims

The thing is that when people concentrate in areas it massively skews the stats. Combine that with the birth rate and yes it is a much bigger number.

Perspective has to be gained though-I mean 5% nationally isn't too bad. I mean how many Brits are in Dubai?

The problem isn't the numbers-the problem is the way that some cultures do not integrate or respect the laws. If this changed 5% wouldn't bother me at all.

In Dubai British people don't drink in public, dress how the host nation would, etc.
In the UK foreign people can wear a Burkha (face to face communication is important in our culture) and generally act however they please, setting up schools that preach views abhorrent in the actual host country (Trojan Horse), etc.
Reply 438
Nothing wrong about disliking islam.
It's a disgusting religion built on abhorrent practices and anyone with half a brain wouldn't want anything to do with it.
Original post by BaconandSauce
I've read the whole thread and granted there are the odd idiots but not enough to support your claims

And what claims did I make?

Latest

Trending

Trending