The Student Room Group

HOW has noone noticed this????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Butternuts96
That's so horribly disrespectful and partly innacurate.

You know, I was expecting you to say totally inaccurate, but anyway.
Satirising and mocking the very real and recent victims of a terrorist attack is just as insensitive, crass and disgusting to normal functioning humans as drawing a stickman cartoon of a fictional guy from 1400 years ago to 1.5Billion lunatics.

I know this is hard to comprehend for many and understandably so. If you find yourself supporting the hebdo cartoons and then renouncing that support over these russian drawings, maybe it is the content you are supporting / not supporting and not freedom of expression.

That said, there is a funny irony here that im sure has gone straight over the 1.5b lunatics heads in that a publication that they cried and cried and cried was "Islamophobic" is choosing to mock the 224 innocent victims of an Islamist attack
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Prophet Mohammed was a 'pattern' sent by Allah to be followed for all times?

Do you believe the Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim or the Sunan Abu Dawud?
All or nothing?

Sorry, what are you speaking about bro? And what do you mean by pattern?

Also, these books you have mentioned are compilations of hadiths and muslims are obliged to believe in all the hadiths that have been deemed authentic. Bukhari and Muslim's books (the two you mentioned) are universally accepted as containing not a single inauthentic hadith whereas the other books may contain some authentic ones and some not so authentic ones. We only trust the authentic ones from these.
Funny how you can't answer his question though.

What? What question? Once I realise that someone's an islamophobe, no matter what argument/answer I give, it will be rejected due to ignorance. Islamophobes are not open minded people, so no point trying to change their perspective.
Original post by i<3milkshake
You know, I was expecting you to say totally inaccurate, but anyway.

It is totally inaccurate but I said partly because people just don't really understand what happened and how it happened so I just cannot be bothered to delve into these contrived arguments when it just results in nothing :frown:
It is totally inaccurate but I said partly because people just don't really understand what happened and how it happened so I just cannot be bothered to delve into these contrived arguments when it just results in nothing :frown:

All you have to do is say it is totally inaccurate and shortly explain why. You can even link them to something on google that explains it for you.

For example, relationships with pre-pubescent girls was normal in England at the time to
(insert link)

and as for the camel thief,
(insert link to why that is wrong).

Two seconds:smile:. And it will prove your point if you have one perfectly well.
What? What question? Once I realise that someone's an islamophobe, no matter what argument/answer I give, it will be rejected due to ignorance. Islamophobes are not open minded people, so no point trying to change their perspective.

Cheap excuse.
All you have to do is say it is totally inaccurate and shortly explain why. You can even link them to something on google that explains it for you.

For example, relationships with pre-pubescent girls was normal in England at the time to
(insert link)

and as for the camel thief,
(insert link to why that is wrong).

Two seconds:smile:. And it will prove your point if you have one perfectly well.

The first point about how it was normal at the time is so well known that I don't even have to mention it; it's common sense.

In terms of the camel thief, that's a made up statement. Whenever someone says a made up statement, anybody including me can contest it. Burden of proof is upon the bacon and sauce guy.
Cheap excuse.

Whatever you say mate.I call it the "save 100 hours trying to make an islamophobe see sense coz it won't work in the end because they're too ignorant and close minded" excuse.

so not partly inaccurate

But as we know it's neither it's accurate and you know I can prove this but you can't hence you run away like a buthurt follower of a paedophile camel thief:biggrin:
Whatever you say mate.I call it the "save 100 hours trying to make an islamophobe see sense coz it won't work in the end because they're too ignorant and close minded" excuse.

It was a simple question, I am not an islamophobe yet you wouldn't answer it for me.
The first point about how it was normal at the time is so well known that I don't even have to mention it; it's common sense.

In terms of the camel thief, that's a made up statement. Whenever someone says a made up statement, anybody including me can contest it. Burden of proof is upon the bacon and sauce guy.

It really isn't. If you wish to say he is wrong then you have to say why. Let us give an example;

I say "Muslim countries don't let Brits into there do they?". If you disagree you have to say why. That is how basic conversation works.

You would say;
"But they do though. Brits are the largest expat community in Dubai";
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expatriates_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates#British

Burden of proof is on you here, sorry it just is. You are right, it takes two seconds, if they still disagree then they are just dim and leave it at that:smile:
Sorry, what are you speaking about bro? And what do you mean by pattern?

Also, these books you have mentioned are compilations of hadiths and muslims are obliged to believe in all the hadiths that have been deemed authentic. Bukhari and Muslim's books (the two you mentioned) are universally accepted as containing not a single inauthentic hadith whereas the other books may contain some authentic ones and some not so authentic ones. We only trust the authentic ones from these.

Does the Qu'ran state that the Prophet Mohammed is an example to be followed for all times?
Do any of these books have information on Aisha?
It really isn't. If you wish to say he is wrong then you have to say why. Let us give an example;

I say "Muslim countries don't let Brits into there do they?". If you disagree you have to say why. That is how basic conversation works.

You would say;
"But they do though. Brits are the largest expat community in Dubai";
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expatriates_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates#British

Burden of proof is on you here, sorry it just is. You are right, it takes two seconds, if they still disagree then they are just dim and leave it at that:smile:

No mate, you're missing the point. The Qur'aan and Hadith (our SOLE source of information) out of all the hundreds and thousands of stories of various things, VERY RARELY is stuff mentioned such as Prophet Muhammed peace and prayers upon him never did this.or did that. If it contained these kinds of sentences for every single little thing then there would be endless pages, Therefore for someone to say that Muhammed peace and prayers upon him did something, then the person who said that has to provide evidence for it because there is no such evidence against in the first place! Stop trying to act smart.
I was hoping to speak to non-islamophobes but lo and behold, my hopes were not met so I'm not replying anymore.
Original post by ThePrick
Lmao! Posting Islamic hate on the internet with pictures of you readily available.

I too, like to live dangerously.

Lmao! Getting banned and being on your second obnoxious account. I give it 4 seconds before u get the boot again

As many people have pointed out, there is difference between mocking a long gone religious figure, and a recent incident which has led to the death of 224 people. I agree with the freedom of expression and a free press, however the latter situation is despicable and should not be saterised.
It's depressing that people can't see the difference between mocking a man who died thousands of years ago who married a child, and is accepted in Islamic scripture as someone who's army murdered people, and the recent deaths of hundreds of innocent civilians.
Original post by driftawaay
Lmao! Getting banned and being on your second obnoxious account. I give it 4 seconds before u get the boot again

LMAO foolish woman I've never been here before.
Original post by KingBradly
It's depressing that people can't see the difference between mocking a man who died thousands of years ago who married a child, and is accepted in Islamic scripture as someone who's army murdered people, and the recent deaths of hundreds of innocent civilians.

I can see the difference and both subjects are fair game.

You see I don't see this as mocking the victim but using the subject to mock a specific target.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest