The Student Room Group

Maths Revision

Hey Guys,
Does anyone have any actual good tips or notes for studying AQA Mathss - unit 1, 2 and 3. i cant find any good revision resources or any good ways to revise. I'm trying to avoid the whole revision time table things.
Anything will be good!
Original post by tiya_2000
Hey Guys,
Does anyone have any actual good tips or notes for studying AQA Mathss - unit 1, 2 and 3. i cant find any good revision resources or any good ways to revise. I'm trying to avoid the whole revision time table things.
Anything will be good!

I think the most helpful way to succeed in Maths is by repeatedly doing past papers as it helps you gain an understanding of exam type questions and the level of difficulty of the questions too! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Misshussain23
I think the most helpful way to succeed in Maths is by repeatedly doing past papers as it helps you gain an understanding of exam type questions and the level of difficulty of the questions too! :smile:

Thankyou. i will defo try doing past papers!
Thankyou. i will defo try doing past papers!

No problem at all
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1447093215.312658.jpg

Can anyone help me understand how you work questions like this out please? I know it's to do with the straight line stuff in medians,perpendicular bisectors and altitudes etc but I have no idea how to get started

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1447093215.312658.jpg

Can anyone help me understand how you work questions like this out please? I know it's to do with the straight line stuff in medians,perpendicular bisectors and altitudes etc but I have no idea how to get started

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have the equation of the other diagonal. The two diagonals will intersect at 90 degrees or be perpendicular to one another hence they (their gradients) will be negative reciprocals of one another.
Original post by Zacken
You have the equation of the other diagonal. The two diagonals will intersect at 90 degrees or be perpendicular to one another hence they (their gradients) will be negative reciprocals of one another.

okay so is the gradient -1/3
Reply 7
okay so is the gradient -1/3

Yes. You also have the point P, so you can use y-y1 = -1/3 (x-x1) to get the equation of the line where (x1, y1) is the point P.
Original post by Zacken
Yes. You also have the point P, so you can use y-y1 = -1/3 (x-x1) to get the equation of the line where (x1, y1) is the point P.

i'm not sure what you mean?
Reply 9
i'm not sure what you mean?

You have the gradient of PR and you have on point lying on the line PR, namely, P - can you combine this to find the equation of PR?
Original post by Zacken
You have the gradient of PR and you have on point lying on the line PR, namely, P - can you combine this to find the equation of PR?

do you use the equation y-b=m(x-a)
Reply 11
do you use the equation y-b=m(x-a)

Yes... that is literally what I said above. Except with b=y1 and a=x1.
Original post by Zacken
Yes... that is literally what I said above. Except with b=y1 and a=x1.

aww okay sorry i just confused myself by over complicating it, thanks
Reply 13
aww okay sorry i just confused myself by over complicating it, thanks

It's fine - as long as you get it and understand! :-)
Original post by Zacken
It's fine - as long as you get it and understand! :-)

Yeah it all makes sense now
Reply 15
Yeah it all makes sense now

Great, that's good! Anymore questions, feel free to post a new thread.
Reply 16
Hey Guys,
Anything will be good!

ExamSolutions, YouTube and Physicsandmathstutor.com have EVERYTHING you need for an A grade.
Reply 17
Original post by kkboyk
ExamSolutions, YouTube and Physicsandmathstutor.com have EVERYTHING you need for an A grade.

thanyouuu!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest