The Student Room Group

What are some ways to brag about your wealth?

I'm not rich, so I guess this is just a hypothetical for when I do become rich.

But what are some ways that you can get across that you're minted without making it look like you're a bit of a tosser? And I'm talking about a stage before you can take her to your flat - ie in order to get to that position. So talking about "my place" is out.

Like - a nice watch, a nice car (can I offer you a lift etc), nice clothes, latest iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB, would having a lot of cash in your wallet make any difference ?

As I have proven in a lot of my threads (especially the one about Doctor vs rich housewife) a lot of girls only want a rich husband - that's basically their plan A, plan B, plan C etc. So I think the suggestions in this thread are vitally important to dating.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How about you talking to her. Instead of the money.
Original post by aamirac
How about you talking to her. Instead of the money.

Yeh but some girls only take in 10% of you and 90% of [signs of wealth - omg I won't have to lift a finger whooppieeee!!!]
Reply 3
Original post by Awesome Genius
Yeh but some girls only take in 10% of you and 90% of [signs of wealth - omg I won't have to lift a finger whooppieeee!!!]

So you'd want someone to be with you because you have wealth? :lolwut:
Original post by aamirac
So you'd want someone to be with you because you have wealth? :lolwut:

Well no, not on a long term basis. But if they're so shallow as to go after wealth id let them think I was serious for a while. During the search for "the one" - a girl not interested in money and beautiful and intelligent etc - could take ages and I would need someone in the meantime.
(edited 8 years ago)

But what are some ways that you can get across that you're minted without making it look like you're a bit of a tosser? And I'm talking about a stage before you can take her to your flat - ie in order to get to that position. So talking about "my place" is out.

Like - a nice watch, a nice car (can I offer you a lift etc), nice clothes, latest iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB, would having a lot of cash in your wallet make any difference ?

As I have proven in a lot of my threads (especially the one about Doctor vs rich housewife) a lot of girls only want a rich husband - that's basically their plan A, plan B, plan C etc. So I think the suggestions in this thread are vitally important to dating.

Make a TSR account called Amazing Genius and complain to the STUDENTS on the site about not knowing which colour brand new BMW you should get and complain about ONLY having 800 disposable income after expenses on brand new clothes and an obscene amount of food.

I personally think this is a relatively effective way to brag about your wealth :smile:)))
Post on a student forum about it.

Someone beat me to it.
Reply 7
Well no, not on a long term basis. But if they're so shallow as to go after wealth id let them think I was serious for a while. During the search for "the one" - a girl not interested in money and beautiful and intelligent etc - could take ages and I would need someone in the meantime.

I got my analysis of you all wrong.
Original post by Butternuts96
Make a TSR account called Amazing Genius and complain to the STUDENTS on the site about not knowing which colour brand new BMW you should get and complain about ONLY having 800 disposable income after expenses on brand new clothes and an obscene amount of food.

I personally think this is a relatively effective way to brag about your wealth :smile:)))

Yea that but doesn't work 'in the field' does it?

I need practical tips.
Original post by SeanFM
Post on a student forum about it.

Someone beat me to it.

ROFL

Looks like I was absolutely right about you. :lol:
Take Gatsby for example, he reinvented himself and acquired wealth yet that didn't get him the woman he wanted...he ended up dead.
Original post by aamirac
I got my analysis of you all wrong.

I don't think so tbh
You have to remember not everyone is a good person in this world. Girls who are only after money are very bad people and shouls be treated that way.
Original post by samina_ay
Take Gatsby for example, he reinvented himself and acquired wealth yet that didn't get him the woman he wanted...he ended up dead.

The whole situation was a mess but you have a good point.
Pull up in a Rolls Royce, not flashy as a super car but shows you are a serious baller.
Reply 15
Use a £50 note as a handkerchief
Original post by hihihihihi
Pull up in a Rolls Royce, not flashy as a super car but shows you are a serious baller.

Yeh car is definitely a way.
without making it look like you're a bit of a tosser?

easy, just act like you're a massive tosser instead :yy:
Original post by ubisoft
Use a £50 note as a handkerchief

PRSOM

But a. You'd look like a tosser b. I think it's illegal
Original post by SeanFM
The whole situation was a mess but you have a good point.

I know:u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending