The Student Room Group

Natsci Admissions test

I have noticed that Natural Sciences applicants at Kings have to take a written test at interview. Does anyone know what this entails, the kind of thing that's in it or where I can find past papers/questions
Original post by Jackmclean
I have noticed that Natural Sciences applicants at Kings have to take a written test at interview. Does anyone know what this entails, the kind of thing that's in it or where I can find past papers/questions

Fellow applicant to NatSci at King's here! Are you a physical or biological applicant? Sadly King's is quite secretive about their admissions tests and interviews, so they don't have any sample tests online.. :frown:

I would recommend looking at some of the other colleges' sample tests though, thats what I've been doing! :smile:
What colleges have stuff on their website as sample tests? (as a biological applicant's point of view)
Reply 3
Original post by thechineeseone
What colleges have stuff on their website as sample tests? (as a biological applicant's point of view)

I went through all the colleges and found the ones that have physical sample tests but I don't know if they have biological ones too. Trinity has one which is a mix of both and you just choose questions you can do. Biological NatSci seems less likely to have a test at interview so you'll probably find it harder to find sample papers :frown:

I think Magdelene also has one which is a mix and you would just do the biological section.
I know some websites/resources with free sample questions and lots of past questions but not sure if it is specific to the college you mention. If you're interested you can PM me though :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by singapore_sling1
I know some websites/resources with free sample questions and lots of past questions but not sure if it is specific to the college you mention. If you're interested you can PM me though

Hmmm.... called gurume perhaps? How far into the PM conversation do you go before asking for money?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
??wtf? yes. because it's much more likely that I'm on a forum for prospective students to ask questions about admissions in order to phish for suckers than to, god forbid, ask a question about admissions.
Reply 7
Original post by Hjortlund
Fellow applicant to NatSci at King's here! Are you a physical or biological applicant? Sadly King's is quite secretive about their admissions tests and interviews, so they don't have any sample tests online.. :frown:

I would recommend looking at some of the other colleges' sample tests though, thats what I've been doing! :smile:

physical, focusing on that sweet sweet chemistry, the emmanuel site has some filmed sample interviews if you wanna check them out
Original post by jneill
Hmmm.... called gurume perhaps? How far into the PM conversation do you go before asking for money?

Was it deliberate you didn't reply to the post directly above you?
It sounds like it's them again, isn't it? I'd love to know the answer to that question, too. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by vincrows
Was it deliberate you didn't reply to the post directly above you?
It sounds like it's them again, isn't it? I'd love to know the answer to that question, too. :wink:

Oops - that's odd. I'll correct it! Tks.

Yes they multi-posted in a number of Cambridge subject threads saying the same thing.
Reply 10
Original post by Jackmclean
??wtf? yes. because it's much more likely that I'm on a forum for prospective students to ask questions about admissions in order to phish for suckers than to, god forbid, ask a question about admissions.

Apologies - I quoted you by mistake! The other poster is, I suspect, not what they seem :wink:
Original post by jneill
Oops - that's odd. I'll correct it! Tks.

Yes they multi-posted in a number of Cambridge subject threads saying the same thing.

Yes, I've noticed it and have reported. Bet you did too. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Yes, I've noticed it and have reported. Bet you did too. :biggrin:

I was going to, but thought I'd wait to get more evidence... :smile:

(Unusual for me, I know...)
Original post by jneill

May not be 'them' but surely something very similar.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=finduser&u=2270179

(Yeah.....what's the matter? Are you feeling ok? :tongue:)
Original post by jneill

It's done. He's banned from TSR, now. :wink:

.......... I wonder how long they'll wait until they dispatch another one with another name. :tongue:
Reply 15
May not be 'them' but surely something very similar.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=finduser&u=2270179

Yes that's the guy - I replied to each of their posts asking the same question.

Strangely no response from them... and no more posts either... :wink:

And now you got them banned :smile:
Reply 16
.......... I wonder how long they'll wait until they dispatch another one with another name. :tongue:

With a far-eastern connection and a number at the end...
Original post by jneill
With a far-eastern connection and a number at the end...

......and the interviews/college tests are imminent. Important harvest time for them, I suppose.

I wonder how much crop they've got on the other side......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending