The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This may be a stupid question, but for sending written work, what should I name the PDF file? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4481
Original post by Artfanatic
I found out last year on this time though :smile: [reapplicant]

May I know what course are you applying for?
This is going to sound stupid but if we get an interview how do we find out? Does the college send us an email or do we have to keep checking track or what?
Original post by madsparrow
This may be a stupid question, but for sending written work, what should I name the PDF file? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just named it like 'English Written Work' so if you're sending multiple its obvious which subject is which
Original post by cakeislife
I just named it like 'English Written Work' so if you're sending multiple its obvious which subject is which

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r1fad
May I know what course are you applying for?

Fine Art!
Original post by polarmaple
This is going to sound stupid but if we get an interview how do we find out? Does the college send us an email or do we have to keep checking track or what?

For interview you will find out through email (track will be update for this) and for offers you will first be notified by email, then a letter will arrive usually a couple days later, and track can take up to 2 weeks to change

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a time for the deadline of the essay tomow?
Original post by studdybuddy101

Yeah, I want to know this as well, been researching and I can't find anything. If you'd be so kind as to help us @Oxvlog !
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Yeah, I want to know this as well, been researching and I can't find anything. If you'd be so kind as to help us @Oxvlog !

I've heard that for some colleges it's 12pm... I've applied to Corpus Christi and they haven't mentioned a set time, just that it needed to be in by tomorrow.
Original post by studdybuddy101

Original post by Omni Vanitas

I believe it's 12pm, at least that's what Magdalen told me in their email :smile:
Original post by antigone-
I believe it's 12pm, at least that's what Magdalen told me in their email :smile:

Did they officially tell you they got your essay etc, or did you just get the automated email?
Original post by MouseyBrown
Did they officially tell you they got your essay etc, or did you just get the automated email?

Automated email, no official confirmation :/
Original post by antigone-
Automated email, no official confirmation :/

Ah well same here so I guess that's all good.
So does everyone get a rejection or interview invitation on the same day?
Cambridge interview invitations have started going out, so I assume it'll be our turn soon.....
Reply 4496
Which subjects are the fastest to reply?
Original post by Tweald
Which subjects are the fastest to reply?

I think any that don't have written work/admissions tests (if there are any)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by politicalmind

No, it varies by subject and college.
Original post by politicalmind

No. I'm not sure if it depends on the department or the college (probably the department) but there's no way of knowing when you'll be told, apart from that it'll be at least a week before the interview (interview dates are available on the oxford website).

Latest

Trending

Trending