The Student Room Group

Just got kicked out of the house

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
Good clothes are expensive! Take these jeans I bought last month

[insert over-priced tat]

We've been through this.
Original post by TheMaster102
Why would I go to restaurants when my gf cooks better food for me at home, also restaurants are a nice treat at times but if you're serious about getting rich when you're poor you can't do these things.

As far as I'm concerned money is there to be saved until I am rich, until I have 1m in the bank I'm not done "working". You need to work to get that money and you need to save, especially if you're from a poor as family like mine, literally I'm from a family that got 100% of it's income from benefits.

My father was a lousy lunatic communist who lost his job and now lives off benefits, I had no savings, no backing from parents, nothing. I had literally nothing, but now I'm approaching 15k in savings, live in central london, good high paid job etc...

You've got to change your mindset if you want things, my father was a failure because he never thought about money, he only thought about himself and his political beliefs, yet he never actually contributed anything to the world because he was always poor and powerless, he didn't value money, saw money as evil and has no money, my father aged 55 lives with his mother, how tragic... I don't respect my own father one bit, in fact I even resent him a lot for making my life harder by being such a loser.

But at least when I do make It I'll be one of those rich people who truly made it on their own and came from nothing.

How much do you make each month and how long did it take you to save up that much? Just curious because I am starting to find a part time job as well.
Original post by Profesh
Well, I'm done.

LOL
Original post by ForeignStudent32
How much do you make each month and how long did it take you to save up that much? Just curious because I am starting to find a part time job as well.

I earn about £1750 from my salary and about £100 to £200 from my google play account but that varies.

I save exactly £1500 a month, I am able to do this mostly because I live rent free atm (with the gf).

If I wasn't living rent free it'd probably be significantly less. I'm going to quit my job in 6 months and start a software company (is the plan)
I earn about £1750 from my salary and about £100 to £200 from my google play account but that varies.

I save exactly £1500 a month, I am able to do this mostly because I live rent free atm (with the gf).

If I wasn't living rent free it'd probably be significantly less. I'm going to quit my job in 6 months and start a software company (is the plan)

The google play revenue is really impressive! How much advertising do you have to do? How did you get your apps noticed?

How can you slate your Dad and give out advice on money when you don't even pay rent?!
Last month,

Income stream 1 = £2650
Income stream 2 = £850

Total 3500

Outgoings (potential from next month)

Car 600
Rent 500
Clothes 200
Transport & Fuel 600
Food 600
Bills 200

= £2700 ish

I'd have only £800 left after all essential expenses.

That is not even enough to buy an iPhone.

Given that other posts imply you don't have a girlfriend I cannot see why you are spending 600 on food.
Learn to cook: 200 a month.
Ditch the car and spend 100 on clothes.
You can lease a car for 250 if you need a new one.
Are driving to the moon every day? 600 on transport?
The google play revenue is really impressive! How much advertising do you have to do? How did you get your apps noticed?

it's really not impressive at all IMO for the work I put in, especially considering I was hoping to earn enough to quit my job, I've actually only taken the job because my google play endeavours have failed to provide enough to live on, I'm going to still try to release new apps and games and make more money in the future in the time I have off work I work on my side android projects.

Most of my products are android wear apps, so for instance I made the first android wear chess app, I've made an android wear flappy bird clone called flippy cat and several watch faces. My best seller has been the chess app and an aquarium watch face which allows smart watch users to have an animated aquarium they can customize on their watch with the time displayed. The aquarium app has sold more than all my other watch faces combined and has only been out for a few days, hopefully it'll make a lot.

I strictly do pay for install, ads only work if you're literally getting millions of views, otherwise you'll earn penuts, for android wear most of the customers are pretty loaded since android wear watches are super premium and cost about £200+
Original post by Canterbury bloke
Given that other posts imply you don't have a girlfriend I cannot see why you are spending 600 on food.
Learn to cook: 200 a month.
Ditch the car and spend 100 on clothes.
You can lease a car for 250 if you need a new one.
Are driving to the moon every day? 600 on transport?

I spend about 100 per week on fuel and then tube expenses. Food is because I eat most of my meals out nowerdays
Original post by Mega0448
How can you slate your Dad and give out advice on money when you don't even pay rent?!

I don't not pay rent because I'm some kind of broke ass douche, or lazy good for nothing. I don't pay rent because my gf owns the house so why would I pay rent? I help pay for food and shopping and etc but that's about it.
I spend about 100 per week on fuel and then tube expenses. Food is because I eat most of my meals out nowerdays

why do you spend on tube when you have a car mayn?

Quick Reply

Latest