The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University 2016 Applicants

Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Student Ambassador :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kingston University
Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Hi Chloe!

Any tips for an interview at Kingston for nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by 2coolf2456
Hi Chloe!

Any tips for an interview at Kingston for nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be yourself and use the qualities you think a good nurse would have.

Good Luck!

Chloe
Reply 3
Interested to know how many people are applying to Kingston as a first choice. It's mine, but I was wondering what the figures were like in regards to clearing etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Welkom
Interested to know how many people are applying to Kingston as a first choice. It's mine, but I was wondering what the figures were like in regards to clearing etc.

I've applied. What did you apply for and what grades did you apply with?
Reply 5
Original post by abssy
I've applied. What did you apply for and what grades did you apply with?

Good luck! I'm applying for Journalism with (predicted) grades of DDD, in my first year I got D*D. What about you?
Reply 6
Original post by Welkom
Good luck! I'm applying for Journalism with (predicted) grades of DDD, in my first year I got D*D. What about you?

Ohh nice i'm applying for Building Surveying with A levels predicted BBB,
Just got an offer from Westminster this morning :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by abssy
Ohh nice i'm applying for Building Surveying with A levels predicted BBB,
Just got an offer from Westminster this morning :biggrin:

Congratulations! Where do you want to go most?
Reply 8
Original post by Welkom
Congratulations! Where do you want to go most?

Thanks! Kingston and Westminster appeal to me a lot.
Just gotta wait and see on the response I get from Kingston University haha

Is Kingston your first choice?
Reply 9
Original post by abssy
Thanks! Kingston and Westminster appeal to me a lot.
Just gotta wait and see on the response I get from Kingston University haha

Is Kingston your first choice?

At the moment I think it is, I'm also applying for City, Brunel and Westminster though. I hope you get the response you want!
Reply 10
Original post by Welkom
At the moment I think it is, I'm also applying for City, Brunel and Westminster though. I hope you get the response you want!

Ooh nice! Haha thanks, you too!
Btw my offer for Westminster came after 2 days (sent it off Friday, got it today) so it shouldn't be too long till you get a response!
Reply 11
Wow they're fast :redface: and thanks!
Original post by Welkom

Hi Welkom,

I'm not sure as this will vary from year to year and course to course.

Would you like to know about a specific course?

Chloe :smile:

Student Ambassador
Reply 13
Well I'm going into Journalism hopefully so that would be interesting to see if possible!
Original post by Welkom
Well I'm going into Journalism hopefully so that would be interesting to see if possible!

Hi Welkom,

I can contact my colleagues and ask if we can get some figures on last years intake for you.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about Kingston?

Student Ambassador
Reply 15
No that's it thanks :smile:
I'm at University of Worcester doing a degree in English and Writing. I'm dropping out, it's my last week in 2 weeks. I'm dropping out because I want to start Kingston in 2016 to do Publishing. How hard is it to get in? And how soon would I hear about an offer so I can plan what to do if I didn't get in?
I'm hoping to start the Forensic Science course (with foundation year) in September!

Dyou have any advice for mature students (the depressing reality of being 23 at start of the course & having to label yourself as mature hah!) & finding private accommodation?

When is the best time to start looking for places - I have no idea where to start with this, I don't want to look too soon but don't want to leave it too late & be struggling to find anywhere?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by bkingkingking
I'm hoping to start the Forensic Science course (with foundation year) in September!

Dyou have any advice for mature students (the depressing reality of being 23 at start of the course & having to label yourself as mature hah!) & finding private accommodation?

When is the best time to start looking for places - I have no idea where to start with this, I don't want to look too soon but don't want to leave it too late & be struggling to find anywhere?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Hi,

First of all don't worry, a lot of students take a few years out, I have friends who are happier that they did this as it gave them time to find something they were really passionate about! My advice would just be to be friendly! I have friends of all ages and backgrounds!

In regards to Private Accommodation if you contact the accommodation team they will be able to give you advice on when is best (all their details are on the university website). Mostly it depends on when you want to move in, where you want to live etc.

I hope this has helped, please let me know if you would like any more info about anything to do with uni life.

Student Ambassador
How long does it take normally for Kingston to reply to applications for Geography?

Quick Reply