The Student Room Group

how to calculate planck's constant?

I have plotted a graph of the sopping potential (Vs) against Frequency. We were asked to calculate Planck's constant from this graph. I thought as the equation for this graph is Vs=h/e F-Φ/e, the gradient is h/e, so I can find h, Planck's constant by multiplying my gradient by the charge on an electron. However my gradient is 0.43 so I don't get Planck's constant that way. Anyone see where/if I'm going wrong? thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by colback98
I have plotted a graph of the sopping potential (Vs) against Frequency. We were asked to calculate Planck's constant from this graph. I thought as the equation for this graph is Vs=h/e F-Φ/e, the gradient is h/e, so I can find h, Planck's constant by multiplying my gradient by the charge on an electron. However my gradient is 0.43 so I don't get Planck's constant that way. Anyone see where/if I'm going wrong? thanks in advance :smile:

I think the gradient of your graph should be very small since the frequency of the emitted radiation is quite large on average.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending