The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by politicalmind
So does everyone get a rejection or interview invitation on the same day?

Did you see this?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=60421497&postcount=4342

You can't guarantee that the other colleges will have identical systems but they do have to fit around the same departments.
Is it easier to get in if you're an international due to the increased fees?
Original post by kidjim
just received my unconditional offer from oxford to study computer science so happy

Nice troll. Not obvious at all :colonhash:
Original post by Aquaxo
I've applied for Law at Brasenose too! :-)

I have applied for Law at Brasenose :smile:
Original post by chloetraynor
Anybody else for Law at Brasenose? I need some kind of reassurance that my below-par grades may not be instant-rejection material :s

I am feeling exactly the same way...
Original post by connieiscrazy
Has anyone applied to Balliol?

I applied to Balliol for Bio, there doesn't seem to be too many though
Original post by dandlessss
I am feeling exactly the same way...

Good luck! What did you get at gcse/as, if you dont mind me asking? (unless ive already asked you this? lmao i feel like ive asked everyone on tsr their grades haha)
Good luck! What did you get at gcse/as, if you dont mind me asking? (unless ive already asked you this? lmao i feel like ive asked everyone on tsr their grades haha)

No it's fine! GCSEs were not impressive really. 1A*, 7 As 2Bs and a C
I got A*A*A* A at A level and A* in EPQ.

I got rejected from Oxford when I applied first time, but I thought now I've got my grades I may as well give it another go, nothing to lose!

Yourself?
Just sent off my written work - they had asked for a PDF file - which was too heavy since I have lots of scans, meaning the image quality was quite poor in the end. Do you think it'll be a problem? I mentioned it in the email to the college so they know it's because of mailbox issues.

I got rejected from Oxford when I applied first time, but I thought now I've got my grades I may as well give it another go, nothing to lose!

Yourself?

I got exactly the same at GCSE! Except I don't have my French Bac grades yet... Did you take a gap year before re-applying?

Yourself?

That's amazing! Wow! Nowhere near yours I'm afraid :frown:
5 A*, 5 A and 2 B at gcse, AABB at AS, predicted A*AA (and I think an A* in the EPQ, but I'm not sure) :frown:. My gcses and AS are pretty far below their average, so im not holding out much hope, even for an interview. You look like you stand a great chance this year with those grades! Good luck!
That's amazing! Wow! Nowhere near yours I'm afraid :frown:
5 A*, 5 A and 2 B at gcse, AABB at AS, predicted A*AA (and I think an A* in the EPQ, but I'm not sure) :frown:. My gcses and AS are pretty far below their average, so im not holding out much hope, even for an interview. You look like you stand a great chance this year with those grades! Good luck!

Honestly, you never know! Your GSCEs are strong compared to mine! And if your predicted grades meet the entry then you can't presume they won't consider you!

What AS/A level subjects do you do?

& thank you, best of luck to you too!!
Honestly, you never know! Your GSCEs are strong compared to mine! And if your predicted grades meet the entry then you can't presume they won't consider you!

What AS/A level subjects do you do?

& thank you, best of luck to you too!!

I took English Lit, Psychology, Art and Biology (random combo, I know), and dropped bio at A2. They're weird subjects for Law, which I'm worried about :/ If I could go back in time I'd def swap art and bio for law and classics or politics or something :/
Original post by mazzaion
I got exactly the same at GCSE! Except I don't have my French Bac grades yet... Did you take a gap year before re-applying?

Basically I was in hospital during my A2s, so couldn't take them. So I did my A2 exams the year after I should have & taught from home. So I reapplied after results day in Aug. I'm on a gap year now as I've reapplied - partly to work and partly due to same health problem.

Where/what you applying for?
I took English Lit, Psychology, Art and Biology (random combo, I know), and dropped bio at A2. They're weird subjects for Law, which I'm worried about :/ If I could go back in time I'd def swap art and bio for law and classics or politics or something :/

From looking at previous stalking pages, Oxford law candidates have a really varied subject base so I wouldn't worry. I've read on most pages that many unis don't really like you picking Law for A-level anyway!

Where else you applied?
From looking at previous stalking pages, Oxford law candidates have a really varied subject base so I wouldn't worry. I've read on most pages that many unis don't really like you picking Law for A-level anyway!

Where else you applied?

Yeah, I heard that somewhere too! I applied to KCL, Exeter, Kent (offer AAB) and Reading (offer AAA)
You?
Yeah, I heard that somewhere too! I applied to KCL, Exeter, Kent (offer AAB) and Reading (offer AAA)
You?

Sounds great!

I've applied Kings, I've seen quite a few people with offers from there now though so I'm bit worried ha!, UCL, LSE and Uni of Birmingham (unconditional)

Which one are you thinking if not Oxford?
Basically I was in hospital during my A2s, so couldn't take them. So I did my A2 exams the year after I should have & taught from home. So I reapplied after results day in Aug. I'm on a gap year now as I've reapplied - partly to work and partly due to same health problem.

Where/what you applying for?

Corpus Christi for Classics II, what about you?
Original post by mazzaion
Corpus Christi for Classics II, what about you?

Brasenose, Law!
Sounds great!

I've applied Kings, I've seen quite a few people with offers from there now though so I'm bit worried ha!, UCL, LSE and Uni of Birmingham (unconditional)

Which one are you thinking if not Oxford?

Congrats! Ideally if not Oxford than definitely KCL, but like you, I've seen people get offers so I'm starting to worry :/ I don't think my LNAT was great either so I'm not massively hopeful. Kings would be my absolute dream if I managed to get into the 2 year Columbia program!

Latest

Trending

Trending