The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

I just got an offer today from Durham to study Business with Business placement (4 years). Strange as I thought Durham take their sweet time, lol!
I've had offers from Warwick and Sheffield for quite a while now. Still waiting on Oxford, UCL and St Andrews... it's tedious! (All for history).
Original post by olwynmay
Well Done! How long did they take to get back to you? And what are your predicted/AS grades if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! My AS grades were ABB (painfully close to AAA, missed by a handful of UMS!) and my predicted is A*AA with a further A at AS. I applied for 4 unis (UEA, Sussex, Royal Holloway and Southampton) on Oct 12th and Kent on Oct 28th. Kent offer came the next day. UEA offer came this morning, but that was for English with Creative Writing so it took a while because of the portfolio - straight English offers seem to come quicker. Where have you applied?
Reply 963
Original post by NuttyHistorian
I got an offer after 12 days, but I'm still waiting for the other course I applied for at Leeds (it has a compulsory interview so maybe that's why I'm waiting). Maybe the speed at which you get an offer depends on if your predicted grades match the entry requirements and if that school has a lot of applicants?

I hope you get your offers back soon though! :3

Ahh that's very true, thank you very much! I hope the other course you've applied for replies soon and you get an offer!
Original post by olwynmay
Has anyone heard anything for any English Literature courses yet?

My friend has had an offer from Kings and Liverpool
Original post by SD713
I'm waiting for St Andrews and Exeter and i sent mine off before that deadline too if that helps!

Fair enough! At least I'm not the only one who's waiting a wee bit longer, cheers! :smile:

Best of luck by the way!
Original post by Sxphki
Ahh that's very true, thank you very much! I hope the other course you've applied for replies soon and you get an offer!

No problem, and thanks but the one I got the offer for is my preferred. Stress over I hope haha ^^
Has anyone heard back from Exeter or UCL for Biological science yet?

I haven't even had an acknowledgement from Exeter so I am getting a little nervous.
Just got a conditional offer from MMU studying Maths, so so glad I've finally got one offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pottermad_
Just got a conditional offer from MMU studying Maths, so so glad I've finally got one offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!!
Sent my application off on the 6th... Mathematics at Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick and Durham, all G100

Got an offer from Warwick on the 8th which is rather quick... but haven't heard anything else since then. My friends are getting offers from UCL and Durham for G103, and one for Durham G100...... Bit of worried now
Original post by lazatron3000
Me too - I'm so jealous still waiting for Durham.
What grades/predictions do you have?

Average UMS 93%. AAAA. Predicted either A*AA or A* A* A. Believe it or not they offered me AAA lol. Dead happy. Good luck don't worry about it. As I said, everyone else at school is still waiting and they have good grades too. Good luck!
Anyone heard back from:

Bath
Bristol
Newcastle
Nottingham
Sheffield

and how long did it take to receive the offer? (In particular for biology)
Original post by Sparster
Average UMS 93%. AAAA. Predicted either A*AA or A* A* A. Believe it or not they offered me AAA lol. Dead happy. Good luck don't worry about it. As I said, everyone else at school is still waiting and they have good grades too. Good luck!

That's amazing, I got AAAA but my UMS was nowhere near that high. What subjects do you do and when did you get your offer?
Original post by perpetua
Sent my application off on the 6th... Mathematics at Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick and Durham, all G100

Got an offer from Warwick on the 8th which is rather quick... but haven't heard anything else since then. My friends are getting offers from UCL and Durham for G103, and one for Durham G100...... Bit of worried now

Just out of curiosity, in which order would you rank these unis? Which uni would you have picked as firm or insurance provided that you got offers from all? I know that they are basically the best unis for maths but I am just interested in how people would "rank" them :wink:
Original post by TheSnazzyMan
Just out of curiosity, in which order would you rank these unis? Which uni would you have picked as firm or insurance provided that you got offers from all? I know that they are basically the best unis for maths but I am just interested in how people would "rank" them :wink:

If I can get offers from all five, that would be: Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick/Durham... I like London more because more of my friends are there... What about you? What are you applying?
Original post by lazatron3000
Got a Bristol offer on the 19th September, didn't apply for the others.

How long did they take to get back to you?
Original post by perpetua
If I can get offers from all five, that would be: Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick/Durham... I like London more because more of my friends are there... What about you? What are you applying?

I'm an EU student (Austria) and went for
-) Cambridge (Queens'): Maths (waiting for decision on interview)
-) Warwick: MMORSE
-) LSE: Maths & Econ
-) Birmingham, Manchester: Maths

I already have a conditional offer from Warwick (which is basically unconditional for me), so I could just drop Birmingham and Manchester (offer as well) I guess. Would've liked to apply to Imperial and UCL but I thought I should go safe and choose some Unis with lower offers. So basically for me, it is either Warwick or Cambridge now.

Have been studying Maths in Vienna for a month now and I can say it's extremely heavy and demanding. :confused:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by katemate98
How long did they take to get back to you?

Sorry I meant 15th October, my application was sent in on the 7th October, so just over a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirvana27
Ooh congrats on the interview, good luck :grin:. I applied to Lancaster, Bristol, Bath, Cambridge and Durham, currently I have offers from the first 3.

What course have you applied to? :smile: congrats btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending