The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Accomodation Query

Hi,

I am a first year Undergraduate at York. I applied for my accommodation at James College for the next year. However, I've been asked by a course mate if I'd like to group book into another accommodation.

The problem is, the college they want to group book to is Alcuin. I know I can still be transferred college, but I'm not sure what my chances are in getting an offer (I don't think I'll be prioritised, but since as she has already lived in Alcuin she will be prioritised...?)

Also, like I said I've already applied for accommodation at James College. Would I be able to decline the offer and re-apply to Alcuin?

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lighfy
Hi,

I am a first year Undergraduate at York. I applied for my accommodation at James College for the next year. However, I've been asked by a course mate if I'd like to group book into another accommodation.

The problem is, the college they want to group book to is Alcuin. I know I can still be transferred college, but I'm not sure what my chances are in getting an offer (I don't think I'll be prioritised, but since as she has already lived in Alcuin she will be prioritised...?)

Also, like I said I've already applied for accommodation at James College. Would I be able to decline the offer and re-apply to Alcuin?

Thanks.

Hi there,

You can reject the offer and then call/email us (01904 322165 or [email protected]) to ask to reactive your application so you can change your room choice. If you have an Alcuin member in your group application, the whole group will be given priority - although I'm sure your current college will miss you!

Hope that's a help!

Thanks,
Alice
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending