The Student Room Group

maybe i'm stupid but...

i'm really confused

i wanna take a gap year 2016/2017

when do i apply to uni to start in september/october 2017?

do i apply when applications open in 2016? but that would be before my gap year so how can i talk about the experience and skills i've developed while on a gap year if i hadn't even gone on it yet?!

it would make more sense to apply when applications open in 2017 - but if i applied then wouldn't it mean i have to wait until 2018 to start?

so when do i apply? cos i'm confused sorry

thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by Rhink
i'm really confused

do i apply when applications open in 2016? but that would be before my gap year so how can i talk about the experience and skills i've developed while on a gap year if i hadn't even gone on it yet?!

it would make more sense to apply when applications open in 2017 - but if i applied then wouldn't it mean i have to wait until 2018 to start?

You apply now and put deferred entry on your application when you choose your courses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by sw651
You apply now and put deferred entry on your application when you choose your courses

Posted from TSR Mobile

but i can't apply now i don't have the predicted grades
Reply 3
Original post by Rhink
i'm really confused

And mention what you plan to do in your gap year in your personal statement, or wait until next year and apply then and mention your gap year in your personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by sw651
And mention what you plan to do in your gap year in your personal statement, or wait until next year and apply then and mention your gap year in your personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

so there's no way to apply after my gap year and go to uni the same year...
Reply 5
Original post by Rhink
so there's no way to apply after my gap year and go to uni the same year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry mate, but no :/
What are you doing on your gap year??
Reply 7
Original post by sw651
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry mate, but no :/

:frown: okay thanks

Original post by rhiannonm25
What are you doing on your gap year??

work experience - work as a health care assistant, something like that

Quick Reply