The Student Room Group

AAA Insurance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
- OK, unis I applied to come in at A*AA, AAA and AAB.
- Currently thinking one of the A*AAs as the firm and an AAA as insurance.

Is this pushing my luck? Everyone that I've mentioned my insurance being AAA to has just stared at me like 'wtf are you doing'.

EDIT: AS grades were AAA, predicted A*A*A

Read their website for more information https://calstate.aaa.com/insurance

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Alexion

Is this pushing my luck? Everyone that I've mentioned my insurance being AAA to has just stared at me like 'wtf are you doing'.

just in case I would go with the AAB in case this year doesn't go as plan
Reply 22
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Read their website for more information https://calstate.aaa.com/insurance

Hope this helps :smile:

Aww, thanks buddy :h:

I need no further help, peoples. This guy has cleared everything up for me.
Reply 23
Original post by Alexion
Aww, but I love computers :biggrin: I wanna work for NVidia in the future...

Ahhh nice! Maybe you can optimise games properly then (Arkham Knight :angry:)
Reply 24
Original post by Naomi 2709
just in case I would go with the AAB in case this year doesn't go as plan

I really don't like the AAB course though (Bristol). I only applied for it because my school wouldn't let me send it off with only four choices :tongue:

Original post by ubisoft
Ahhh nice! Maybe you can optimise games properly then (Arkham Knight :angry:)

ikr :rofl:
the answer is to go with your heart in the end. Are all your choices AAB and above
Original post by Alexion

\

My lowest offer would be A*AA so consider yourself lucky.
Original post by Louisb19
\

My lowest offer would be A*AA so consider yourself lucky.

It's not a competition.
Original post by Plagioclase
It's not a competition.

You are right. I think if you are confident that you can get AAA then you should take it as your security, if not maybe choose the AAB.
Original post by Alexion
Oh. Great. My teacher said the same... :afraid:

If it's any consolation, most of my class did better at FP3, though iirc the FP2 exam was a fair bit trickier than the FP3 one for that sitting. I felt that in terms of the content itself FP3 was more difficult but not considerably so.
Original post by Alexion
I'm at 567/600 UMS for Maths/FM, and 296/300 for Physics

Strong ASs, but I'm losing concentration a lot nowadays and I'm worried I'll miss out on those A*s/As

With AS's that strong, an AAA insurance isn't really a risk. Take your physics for example - with 296/300 UMS at AS you only need 184/300 UMS at A2 to get an A. That is 61%, or a very low C. Be confident that you can get that!
Reply 31
Original post by sweeneyrod
With AS's that strong, an AAA insurance isn't really a risk. Take your physics for example - with 296/300 UMS at AS you only need 184/300 UMS at A2 to get an A. That is 61%, or a very low C. Be confident that you can get that!

Heh, that's a good point. 270/300 for that A* though, and that's really what I need... :eek4:

I guess after good ASs, the difference between A and A* suddenly becomes huge in terms of the score you need in Y13.
Reply 32
Original post by Alexion
Heh, that's a good point. 270/300 for that A* though, and that's really what I need... :eek4:

I guess after good ASs, the difference between A and A* suddenly becomes huge in terms of the score you need in Y13.

The jump from A to A* is bigger than C-A. The amount of extra work you need to do to get an A* instead of A is crazy :lol:

I'd suggest focussing on A* in FM, and just get an A in phys without any revision
Reply 33
Original post by ubisoft
The jump from A to A* is bigger than C-A. The amount of extra work you need to do to get an A* instead of A is crazy :lol:

I'd suggest focussing on A* in FM, and just get an A in phys without any revision

The current predictions stand at A* Maths, A* Physics and A Further Maths.

I was the only one to get A* in our Physics past paper, even though I was the only one who didn't revise :tongue:
Reply 34
Original post by Alexion
The current predictions stand at A* Maths, A* Physics and A Further Maths.

I was the only one to get A* in our Physics past paper, even though I was the only one who didn't revise :tongue:

You're pretty much sorted for an A. You could probably get it if you sat the exams right now :lol:

Did you do the ISA or EMPA? You need to give me some tips, I only got 261 :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by ubisoft
Did you do the ISA or EMPA? You need to give me some tips, I only got 261 :frown:

Eh? This don't mean a lot to me (especially in my current state)
Reply 36
Original post by Alexion
Eh? This don't mean a lot to me (especially in my current state)

Wait, what exam board are you on? If you're not on AQA that probably didn't mean anything to you. Good luck when you wake up tomorrow.
Reply 37
Original post by ubisoft
Wait, what exam board are you on? If you're not on AQA that probably didn't mean anything to you. Good luck when you wake up tomorrow.

OCR Advancing Physics B, unfortunately.

And thanks. I won't be having fun. Guess what? Physics first thing in the morning... :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending