The Student Room Group

is it ok to have 1000 calories for 2 weeks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmellyProtein
Moger.jpg

natty of peace
Original post by loveleest
OK, I am desperate to lose weight, for an upcoming events in about 6 weeks I bought this beautiful body control dress but my stomach and love handles are bulging :frown:. is it okay to eat 1000 calories just for the first two weeks and from their increase my calorie intake? would my metabolism slow down?

OMG I read that literally! I thought you were planning to eat a TOTAL of 1000 calories over 14 days! :eek:

Glad you're not. :biggrin:
OK, I am desperate to lose weight, for an upcoming events in about 6 weeks I bought this beautiful body control dress but my stomach and love handles are bulging :frown:. is it okay to eat 1000 calories just for the first two weeks and from their increase my calorie intake? would my metabolism slow down?

It could be fine, but I think it would be difficult to consume the nutrients that your body needs with only consuming 1000 calories. Have you thought about consuming 1500 calories, and increasing the amount of exercise you do to burn an extra 500 calories? Much healthier, and of-course your body should become more toned!

Watch this video lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDxWGrmKVI
Reply 63
Original post by Yellow 03
OMG I read that literally! I thought you were planning to eat a TOTAL of 1000 calories over 14 days! :eek:

Glad you're not. :biggrin:

lol no im not that crazy
Original post by difeo
Straight up broscience lol

There is actually some truth to it, and certainly there's major drawbacks to eating that low a calorie number (likely not getting in enough nutrition, fruit etc.) I'd always say 1200-1300 is best, go up to 1500 on exercise days and just burn 500 calories.
but diet is 80% weight loss

I'd disagree with that strongly
It's unhealthy and takes A LOT of self control but it definitely works. I lost around 4-5 pounds in a week from doing so. Fyi, you will gain all of the weight back.
1,000 calories a day and you will feel light headed and weedy - and you won't necessarily loose any weight because you wont have enough energy to do anything. Try at least 1,500 calories and doing some regular exercise instead.
Reply 68
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
I'd disagree with that strongly

disagree with it if you want but its true
disagree with it if you want but its true

Exercise is equally if not more important if your goal is weight-loss. You have to burn more calories than you consume and that can only really be done by exercising. Of course diet is important too but dieting only without exercise wont do you many favours.
Reply 70
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Exercise is equally if not more important if your goal is weight-loss. You have to burn more calories than you consume and that can only really be done by exercising. Of course diet is important too but dieting only without exercise wont do you many favours.

But this is not true. Dieting is more effective when it comes to losing weight, but combined with exercise works better. So no, it's not equally. You can lose Weight by just dieting alone but not by just doing exercise.
ANY dietitian/personal trainer that is a professional would agree that dieting is more important than exercise in weight loss, don't believe me? research it.
(edited 8 years ago)

if you eat 1000 calories over a two week period will probably make you gain weight because your body will think your not getting enough food. go on a 900 calorie diet (900 per day) that might help.
Reply 72
Original post by robinfr
if you eat 1000 calories over a two week period will probably make you gain weight because your body will think your not getting enough food. go on a 900 calorie diet (900 per day) that might help.

huh?
huh?

did you mean youre going to eat 1000 per day or 1000 over a two week period?
if per day ignore my first comment.:smile:
Reply 74
Original post by robinfr
did you mean youre going to eat 1000 per day or 1000 over a two week period?
if per day ignore my first comment.:smile:

1000 per day looool, not over the two week period, my god :redface:
1000 per day looool, not over the two week period, my god :redface:

oh I was thinking like youre what the hell:colondollar:
intermittent fasting, google it and get clued up - tends to work a treat for me
But this is not true. Dieting is more effective when it comes to losing weight, but combined with exercise works better. So no, it's not equally. You can lose Weight by just dieting alone but not by just doing exercise.
ANY dietitian/personal trainer that is a professional would agree that dieting is more important than exercise in weight loss, don't believe me? research it.

Okay, extreme dieting will lose you weight. I agree with you on that. But without exercise some of that weight will be muscle therefore you'll lose as much if not more muscle than bodyfat if you solely diet. Exercising will help tone/build your muscles and the more you have, the easier/faster to burn fat. You'll also look more toned as well as being slim which you will probably prefer.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest