The Student Room Group

Welcome to the real world

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonynmous
looool for real cuz, but i know bare top gunna at camb doing maths. they legit the real topkek.

I did hear how Ox is so retarded. some students doin E&M are strugglin with chain rule :rofl:

Man is like dumbfounded how such guys get let in XDD

Camb maths the real mvp. Yh Ox are the little mans now, even warwick and imperial (virgin fest) overtook them now. Chain rule bruhh :lol: what they expect when they give you MAT instead of STEP. wastemans
Original post by ubisoft
Camb maths the real mvp. Yh Ox are the little mans now, even warwick and imperial (virgin fest) overtook them now. Chain rule bruhh :lol: what they expect when they give you MAT instead of STEP. wastemans

LOOOOOL nah Warwick is a **** fest. my g, coventry uni next door, u dont understand the amount of fitties cuz.

Imperial yup can confirm is a sausage fest g.

ikr man, Ox is legit lacking XD

But ngl very surprised at the student quality there. Always thought Ox had sick quality.
Reply 62

LOOOOOL nah Warwick is a **** fest. my g, coventry uni next door, u dont understand the amount of fitties cuz.

Imperial yup can confirm is a sausage fest g.

ikr man, Ox is legit lacking XD

But ngl very surprised at the student quality there. Always thought Ox had sick quality.

yhh coventry got bare qties uno.

Fam heard imperial virgins go to ucl to get girls :lol:

Ox only for posh twa.ts now. £300/week rent they having a laugh fam
Original post by ubisoft
yhh coventry got bare qties uno.

Fam heard imperial virgins go to ucl to get girls :lol:

Ox only for posh twa.ts now. £300/week rent they having a laugh fam

LOOOOOOOL imperial neeks trekin to UCL thats a new one :rofl:

nah my man they trek to ldn southbank/met, kensington to bloomsbury u kno is a distance and a half cuz XDDDDDDDD

peak times bre 300pw is ridic. man like london prices right there
Reply 64

nah my man they trek to ldn southbank/met, kensington to bloomsbury u kno is a distance and a half cuz XDDDDDDDD

Lel imperial nerds prob tired of stroking it all day. half the students are from singapore and malaysia and they congregate together. depressing place fam.

where r u now brah? hopefully i'll be at warwick next yr, #IBtargetMasterrace
Such an important post to read and consider (for those of you who haven't already), so I'll bump it now and bump it tomorrow (if I remember.) :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
It is only going to get worse as more and more people are going to university.
Original post by Keyhofi
x

This is why you plan BEFORE leaving university. I really couldn't care less about people who put no effort into their employability skills whilst at uni, nor the ones who glide through, graduate and expect a lovely salary to land on their lap.

Truth is, if you want to get anywhere close to a grad scheme, you need to be doing your due dilligence from the minute you step on campus - getting involved with ECs, networking, doing side projects, honing your interview technique, getting internships. All this stuff is COMMON SENSE, yet people don't bother with it, only to find themselves in ASDA thinking 'this is temporary, something will fall on my lap soon'. The people who get on to these grad schemes at the top employers are the proactive ones, the rest are the unprepared lot.

It's great though, it means I'll have a much better chance in the market place as I figured this stuff out when I was 15, I wish the rest of the world good luck however.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LeyK
You should get an award for story telling

A genuine masterpiece tho it lacked pictures for the kids.
Are you planning on a sequel :tongue:
He's planning for a trilogy, it's a very in thing at the moment.
Reply 69
Original post by CoolCavy
yeah i get what you mean i actually do as well, i'm not just saying that. :smile:

i'm gonna go to bed now but it has been an interesting conversation and i can see where you are both coming from :smile:

I can see where they're coming from too. However it's a myth. Yes, life is full of misleading nonsense which requires intelligence to cut through, however, It's interesting to note that at top finishing schools for girls they advocate that even with no qualifications at all, just being a natural nice charming person makes people like and want to help you.

Most of the successful people I know are very smart and likeable. (the rest, instantly forgettable)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
Jobs I'm looking at have a starting salary of £29k+...

At which company, in which role, at what location?

Don't presume you'll get anything if you haven't even bothered researching the roles, or companies that pay that much.

Inb4, I went on Unistats and according to them 40-60 (out of 100s of grads) people I barely know anything about - apart from them doing a course, managed to get an average salary of that much. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
OP it just sounds like the employer didn't think you had enough, or any, work experience and prefered someone who had more evidence of initiative. Getting a degree is easy. Jobs in that pay bracket (£29k) expect an exeplorary employment history, you can't just walk into them from uni 1st class degree or not.:tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XcitingStuart
Such an important post to read and consider (for those of you who haven't already), so I'll bump it now and bump it tomorrow (if I remember.) :smile:

(edit: saw rep, which reminded me.)

:bump:
also can i just point out that :
a) i am doing 3 other a levels other than art and design
b) what is wrong with art and design? everything in the aesthetical world which people hold so dear has been designed. It is actually one of the biggest markets in the consumer world.
c) you don't know my life at all so kindly don't tell me to 'grow out' of guinea pigs, they are my hobby
d) innocence isn't defined by lack of knowledge about s***** things

Is the censored word supposed to be 'sh*tty?' :s-smilie:
looool for real cuz, but i know bare top gunna at camb doing maths. they legit the real topkek.

I did hear how Ox is so retarded. some students doin E&M are strugglin with chain rule :rofl:

Man is like dumbfounded how such guys get let in XDD

Not sure how serious you are (not very would be my initial guess), but they probably went to a private/grammar school, got good grades, got coached on interview technique and entrance tests, and then couldn't handle all the independent study required of them at Oxford. :lol:
ok, fair enough sorry i was preemptive, usually people are derogatory about art and design because they think it isn't a proper subject. i apologise.
yeah but i don't want to get married or anything, i just don't feel that way inclined towards people, even if they are attractive. tbh i don't mind if ppl think i am eccentric lol :smile:
i am experienced with real world life experieces, but not with the internet, as unusual as it sounds i don't have a proper phone, don't text or use social media so this is all new to me.

i did but awesome genuis said i wasn't old enough to be told :redface:

Sometimes I wish you weren't straight so then we could run off together and live on a farm in the country with lots of pugs and Guinea pigs :daydreaming:
Original post by StrawbAri
Sometimes I wish you weren't straight so then we could run off together and live on a farm in the country with lots of pugs and Guinea pigs :daydreaming:

lol i'm not really anything, all that relationship stuff just isn't for me :redface:
but that does sounds a fantastic idea and i am flattered :h:
Original post by Hydeman
Is the censored word supposed to be 'sh*tty?' :s-smilie:

no, it's meant to be the word se*ual :s-smilie:
Original post by versari
I can see where they're coming from too. However it's a myth. Yes, life is full of misleading nonsense which requires intelligence to cut through, however, It's interesting to note that at top finishing schools for girls they advocate that even with no qualifications at all, just being a natural nice charming person makes people like and want to help you.

Most of the successful people I know are very smart and likeable. (the rest, instantly forgettable)

aww thank you, as soft as it sounds i do really like to be liked and try to be a nice person
:lovehug::hugs:

Bloomsbury isn't that far from Kensington,I had to go there regularly for hospital appointments at UCH,can get there in less than an hour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending