University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by urooj786
Hello Dr Favaz,
Can u put some light, where did say to wait for a month? When was this?

Hi Dr Urooj786,
I have seen them mentioned like that, in one of the reply they send last time.I shall copy and paste it here,please read the last sentence:

"Dear Applicant
I write with regards to your application to study for the Clinical MD in General Internal Medicine. Your application has been successful and your name has been placed on a waiting list for a 2016 place. At the moment we are finalising spaces and reviewing the structure and tuition fees of the course. Thus we are not in a position to make any new offers until this has process has been completed. Thank you for your continued patience and we hope to be in touch with you again in the next month with an update. "
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by khuranaa9
Hello
I think they have stopped any intake for next year for the time being because of MCI problems. Can you forward the latest e-mail which you recieved?

Hi Dr Khuranaa9,
Do that mean we will have to wait one more year? Oh my God!! Is that an official report from the authorities of university? Kindly clarify. I have posted the email I have received in the last comment.
Reply 62
Hello Dr Khurana,

Kindly put some light..do u mean they have ceased for next year May intake bcoz of MCI?
Please clarify.
Reply 63
Original post by DRFAVAZ
Hi Dr Urooj786,
I have seen them mentioned like that, in one of the reply they send last time.I shall copy and paste it here,please read the last sentence:

"Dear Applicant
I write with regards to your application to study for the Clinical MD in General Internal Medicine. Your application has been successful and your name has been placed on a waiting list for a 2016 place. At the moment we are finalising spaces and reviewing the structure and tuition fees of the course. Thus we are not in a position to make any new offers until this has process has been completed. Thank you for your continued patience and we hope to be in touch with you again in the next month with an update. "

Hello Dr Favaz,

Thanks for forwarding the msg...Anyupdate pls share!
Reply 64
Hello

How many people got an offer? Please update. Also, whoever got an offer can u give ur email Id?
Reply 65
Hello

Dr.Abrar................Dr.Favaz any offer? pls share ur email if u have received an offer.
Reply 66
Original post by urooj786
Hello

Dr.Abrar................Dr.Favaz any offer? pls share ur email if u have received an offer.

Hi,
Not yet..😔. Do you have any glad news from them?
Reply 67
Hai all,
I just got a reply to my email from Buckingham, but I couldn't understand what they actually mean.. Please see the reply below:

"Thank you for your email. We have now started to make offers for 2016. As we are awaiting the response from a number of applicants regarding May 2016 entry, we can either make you an offer for November 2016 now OR you can wait for a drop out place in May 2016. We will know what spaces we have for May 2016 in January. Please let me know how you wish to proceed."
Reply 68
Hello Dr.Favaz,

It is clear that you are in the wait list for May 2016 intake. Or another option they gave is to accept Nov 2016 offer. Do u want to wait for May 2016 or want to take Nov offer?

Hope it is clear now.
Reply 69
Dr.Favaz,
If u want we can b in touch. You can share ur e mail id so that i can contact u.

Urooj
Reply 70
Ur phone #
Reply 71
Hi feeling confused...
If I opt for the Nov 2016 now, is it sure that i will get offer from them?
If at all I dint get an offer for May 2016 till January, isn't it possible to opt for Nov 2016 , at that particular time?
Any suggestions?
my email id : [email protected]
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 72
Does anyone know who is already in the program? That would be a further guidance for us.
Dr. Favaz check your email.
Hi @urooj786.. the last email i received from them is that application was successful and it's pending further adjustments from their side so they can send us the offer.It also says in the email that they will be updating us by December but i haven't received any updates yet... it's quite confusing..

it seems like from the reply they sent to DrFavas that they have no enough students to start the program on May, but why did they suggest on November, is that most students apply on that month so they have more students at that month? maybe...

i will wait for few days and if no response will try to email them..

I tried looking everywhere on the internet if there were students doing the program but ended up negative ...
from what i understood from their email is that our applications has been successful (i.e. accepted) however the uni can't send an offer due to certain arrangement they need to make from their side. so you shouldn't be worried if so or not u receive an offer.
also i think most students register for November because that's close to school starting month which is September so maybe she told you to either be on a waiting list to wait and see if there is more students registered for May 2016 and receive an offer later or just go for November since there are enough applicants and you will receive your offer immediately ...

^_^

Original post by DRFAVAZ
Hi feeling confused...
If I opt for the Nov 2016 now, is it sure that i will get offer from them?
If at all I dint get an offer for May 2016 till January, isn't it possible to opt for Nov 2016 , at that particular time?
Any suggestions?
my email id : [email protected]
Reply 75
hi
I have been following this post and also considering the possiblity of applying in the MD program. have you had contact with any other graduates of this program who will be able to better shed light on the prospects after completion. also on the likelihood of being able to practice in UK (subject to clearing of PLAB) or would there be better prospects in middle east. (im currently a GP in middle east)
Original post by ASMA ZR
hi
I have been following this post and also considering the possiblity of applying in the MD program. have you had contact with any other graduates of this program who will be able to better shed light on the prospects after completion. also on the likelihood of being able to practice in UK (subject to clearing of PLAB) or would there be better prospects in middle east. (im currently a GP in middle east)

according to how i read from the the university website, some students did work in the university after completing degree and passing the PLAB, MRCP etc. however i also read that the rules in UK has recently changed and a person who came as student visa cannot further extend his visa to working visa (this is to allow UK nationals to find jobs).

I'm recent graduate also based in the middle east and i believe this course will strengthen my knowledge and give me good experience in the UK.

wish you the best and any further questions, you can message me directly .
Reply 77
thanks. so are you planning to enroll in the program? the only thing concerning me is whether its worth spending that much on this degree. is it going to be fruitful?
Hi all,

Becky here from the University of Buckingham. If you need any help or have any questions, I can try to help you - just let me know!

:smile:
Hi i have a query. I want to know if this course is recognized by medical council of India and/or Health Authority of Abu dhabi

Latest

Trending

Trending