The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey all,
I am applying for pgce upper primary in Cardiff Met. Bit concerned as I can only get my application off this thursday. My rederees are on the ball though and will be quick to get my references off after the application goes through. Just worried that there isn't much time I don't want to apply too late! Anyone heard from Cardiff Met yet?
Original post by Lambert87
Have my interview today and I am really stressing out....

I am doing a 3 minute presentation on "how urine is recycled into quantum dots"

😫😫

Good luck!!! I would love to hear that presentation and I'm sure they will too!
I sent a second reminder email to my reference only to get an email that he's out of the office for a few days.

I'm going to send him an email through UCAS soon too as it's been nearly 2 weeks now.
Original post by SmithTeach
Hey all,
I am applying for pgce upper primary in Cardiff Met. Bit concerned as I can only get my application off this thursday. My rederees are on the ball though and will be quick to get my references off after the application goes through. Just worried that there isn't much time I don't want to apply too late! Anyone heard from Cardiff Met yet?

UCAS has literally only been open two weeks!! It's certainly not too late.
Original post by Aemiliana
I sent a second reminder email to my reference only to get an email that he's out of the office for a few days.

I'm going to send him an email through UCAS soon too as it's been nearly 2 weeks now.

Can you swap them for someone else within the same institution?
Original post by ChancedTravels
Can you swap them for someone else within the same institution?

Not really - he's my personal tutor and I'm part-time so have just 1.5 hours contact time a week so it's not like anyone else really knows me!

I think I'm going to have to corner him soon but the next time I'll have the chance is the day of my skills tests.

I did send both references an email 25 days before UCAS opened and they both agreed then.
UCAS has literally only been open two weeks!! It's certainly not too late.

Thanks sorry think this thread got me all worried I was a bit behind everyone! Still will get a move on sooner the better right? :smile:
Nevermind he got back to me and says he'll do it on Thursday!

I thought I'd had better luck in the past by contacting him about 8am and looks like I was right.

I do feel mean for hounding him (well 2 emails in 2 weeks I guess that's not that bad) but at the same time I do need to get this sent off.
Original post by Aemiliana
Not really - he's my personal tutor and I'm part-time so have just 1.5 hours contact time a week so it's not like anyone else really knows me!

I think I'm going to have to corner him soon but the next time I'll have the chance is the day of my skills tests.

I did send both references an email 25 days before UCAS opened and they both agreed then.

Oh :frown: How annoying!!

Good luck, hope it gets sorted soon. Are you going to cancel and re-book your skills tests?

😫😫

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you!

😫😫

Good luck! Try not to stress out too much - you've made it this far so they must think that you have potential.
Oh :frown: How annoying!!

Good luck, hope it gets sorted soon. Are you going to cancel and re-book your skills tests?

He replied and said he'll do it as soon as he's back so hopefully I can send it off this week.

I was going to rearrange them yeah but I'll leave them for now. I think I probably need to start making revision for them a priority though, they're not far off now.
Have my interview today and I am really stressing out....I am doing a 3 minute presentation on "how urine is recycled into quantum dots"😫😫

Good luck!

I just completed my application, the wait can (re)start! :biggrin:

My skills test are the last Saturday of the month, not too worry since I can have extra-time but it might still go wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)

😫😫

Congrats and good luck, keep us all updated.
Hey all,

Applying late, nah you are applying on time, late is in March. Some school direct and scitt places usually stop taking on because they have their inductions in july.

I have to wait for tomorrow for my ref, he best do it on time I have been bouncing off the walls waiting to pay for the damn thing and send it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks sorry think this thread got me all worried I was a bit behind everyone! Still will get a move on sooner the better right? :smile:

Applying sooner gives you more time especially to organise and take your professional skills test and in the case (which I hope doesn't happen to you) that you are unsuccessful and have to reapply through apply 2.

Applying later does mean you can get your work experience and skills test completed, though it does put more pressure on your nerves when you are waiting for responses.

Remember universitys, school direct and scitt programme leads have upto 40 days to respond for interviews. Though you can expect them to be dramatically sooner some of these lucky buggers on the forum have had notification of interviews from the very same day or upto 4-5 days.

Doing it early gives you time as well to build up on your work experience, if you get an interview remember that if you are continuing work experience after the interview, tell them. Interviewers like to see that, as most applications will usually have just 5 days of work experience and no completed skills tests.

Above all remember they are not expecting you to be a teacher from the outset, that is why you are wanting to go onto your chosen course. They are looking at how you interact with others and your attitude. It is effectively an audition and your the main star.

Try not to stress about mistakes or the thought that you may make some, enjoy your interviews and if possible try to take notes so that you can prepare for future interviews. Above all enjoy yourself.
Just found out that my training provider had the wrong details listed on UCAS so I have applied to the wrong thing and now it is past 7 days so UCAS are saying I can't change it!!! aahhhh! Hoping the school will help sort this out :frown:
What are guys wearing to interviews?
Original post by TunaTunnel
What are guys wearing to interviews?

All the boys are mine were in suits, girls were in skirts or trousers and blouses, some with blazers, and one woman was in a tracksuit....
All the boys are mine were in suits, girls were in skirts or trousers and blouses, some with blazers, and one woman was in a tracksuit....

Hold on seriously one was in a tracksuit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending