The Student Room Group

Was I raped?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Katty3
If she says no, tough s***. You don't get sex. She is well within her rights to say no. She doesn't have to give a reason. Her right to bodily autonomy trumps your desire to have sex. Sex is not a necessity for life. It is pleasant for some people, but you can live without it. Even if you couldn't, that does not give you the right to force someone to do something that they don't want to.

The consequences of rape are catastrophic. She could catch an STD and have to get treatment. She could get pregnant and have to face the choice to abort or keep her baby. This is not an easy decision to make under any circumstances, but rape makes it all so much harder to deal with. She could also face mental traumas such as PTSD and depression. All because you decided that your desire for a "little bit of fun" was more important than the rights of another human being.

Years of imprisonment is perfectly fair. Rapists deserve it. They deserve far longer than they get. More of them need prosecuting for their despicable crimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read my other reply to Canterbury bloke. And you're probably right about real rapists deserving more than what they get.
Reply 41
Original post by JRN19
Obviously rape without a use of condom would be justifiable regarding the criminal punishment. But if the rapist uses a condom and doesn't physically harm the woman, and she's single, would you still think a rapist deserves such a harsh punishment?

Yes because of the emotional harm. Regardless of whether he used a condom or not, she was still violated. He has NO RIGHT to do that. Her body is her body. She should not be forced to have sex against her will. Her relationship status has nothing to do with it. I'm single. If I was raped, I would want the b******* who did it to get a very long jail sentence. It is my body. Nobody else gets to decide to use it for sex. Whether or not I have sex is my business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by JRN19
Read my other reply to Canterbury bloke. And you're probably right about real rapists deserving more than what they get.

What is the difference between a "real" rapist and any other sort of rapist. Rape is rape. It is a crime. If a woman doesn't say yes, you don't get sex. If you force her, then it is rape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by JRN19
Severe internal injury? You'll have just as much chance of getting that in normal sexual intercourse

The chances for a woman who is raped is much higher. Even if it was, that is not a justification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Katty3
Yes because of the emotional harm. Regardless of whether he used a condom or not, she was still violated. He has NO RIGHT to do that. Her body is her body. She should not be forced to have sex against her will. Her relationship status has nothing to do with it. I'm single. If I was raped, I would want the b******* who did it to get a very long jail sentence. It is my body. Nobody else gets to decide to use it for sex. Whether or not I have sex is my business.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is where I believe women are selfish. Women get what they want, but men never do. The women who don't accept sex under those circumstances (condom use, limited violence and their single status) are nearly as worse as rapists themselves.
Reply 45
Original post by Katty3

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know what they did thousands of years ago, when arranged marriages were in order in the west? Back then women were men's property, rapists were sentenced to death because it was a crime against the man, not the woman. Women like you who don't accept sex in those relaxed circumstances should still be living in Ancient times.
Reply 46
Original post by Canterbury bloke
Ho ho ho. You are a funny chap aren't you? Maybe if you knew the first thing about rape your comment would be valid but you are talking *******s I am afraid. You are clearly a believer in rape myths or you get a sexual thrill from talking crap about sexual violence.

Many, many woman do not fight back. Had she done so she could have been beaten up or strangled so that he got his way. Would that satisfy you?

LIKE find

I find your lack of replies more amusing than any troll. Have you now reached a point where you know it's pointless to argue because I'm right about women and their rape crisis? Or do you want me to babble on some more until you understand? Or are you to ashamed to reply because you know you're going to lose this argument.
Reply 47
Original post by JRN19
You know what they did thousands of years ago, when arranged marriages were in order in the west? Back then women were men's property, rapists were sentenced to death because it was a crime against the man, not the woman. Women like you who don't accept sex in those relaxed circumstances should still be living in Ancient times.

And we have moved on since those times. No. I choose not to have sex because the idea of it disgusts me. I don't have to "accept sex" under any circumstances. It is my body. I get to choose what I do with it. You don't get to decide whether or not I get sex. I do. The circumstances don't matter. My body. My choice.

I'll just hop in my TARDIS and go back two thousand years then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by JRN19
This is where I believe women are selfish. Women get what they want, but men never do. The women who don't accept sex under those circumstances (condom use, limited violence and their single status) are nearly as worse as rapists themselves.

Women have the right to choose to not have sex. I am not obliged to have sex with you because I happen to be single and you'll use a condom. If I say no, tough. You don't get sex. Deal with it. No woman should be violated because a man decides that he wants sex.

There is no excuse for raping someone. Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JRN19

You're obviously single, so let me have sex with you! I'd use a condom and not violence. Are you going to be selfish and refuse me?

If you are - becoming 'nearly as worse (sic)' as a rapist in your eyes - would it be rape if I had sex with you anyway?
Original post by Katty3
Women have the right to choose to not have sex. I am not obliged to have sex with you because I happen to be single and you'll use a condom. If I say no, tough. You don't get sex. Deal with it. No woman should be violated because a man decides that he wants sex.

There is no excuse for raping someone. Ever.

Applause.
Original post by JRN19
Obviously rape without a use of condom would be justifiable regarding the criminal punishment. But if the rapist uses a condom and doesn't physically harm the woman, and she's single, would you still think a rapist deserves such a harsh punishment?

One word. Yes.
Original post by JRN19
LIKE find

I find your lack of replies more amusing than any troll. Have you now reached a point where you know it's pointless to argue because I'm right about women and their rape crisis? Or do you want me to babble on some more until you understand? Or are you to ashamed to reply because you know you're going to lose this argument.

I find your lack of basic intelligence and your lack of any empathy astonishing actually. You have not won any argument: your 'facts' are mere opinions based upon your presumption that women should submit to men for their gratification and presumably you aspire to be the sort of man who thinks that dating means hitting a woman over the hear with a club. Your idea that 'women get what they want' is childish and betrays a poor grasp of the law as well as a massive whole in understanding of - well - anything really.

It's interesting that you are amused by my lack of replies. You seem to want to control me in some weird way - do you sit there by your PC hoping I will rise to some bait that you drop for me and be your ickle puppet?

You are pretty ignorant.
Reply 53
I find your lack of basic intelligence and your lack of any empathy astonishing actually. You have not won any argument: your 'facts' are mere opinions based upon your presumption that women should submit to men for their gratification and presumably you aspire to be the sort of man who thinks that dating means hitting a woman over the hear with a club. Your idea that 'women get what they want' is childish and betrays a poor grasp of the law as well as a massive whole in understanding of - well - anything really.

It's interesting that you are amused by my lack of replies. You seem to want to control me in some weird way - do you sit there by your PC hoping I will rise to some bait that you drop for me and be your ickle puppet?

You are pretty ignorant.

It is a great credit to the female of the species that he's single.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
It is a great credit to the female of the species that he's single.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are so right: evolutionary theory is proved true!
Reply 55

You are pretty ignorant.

You know what I find ignorant and stupid? Your belief that every rapist deserves the same punishment. Rape is too much of a complex thing to treat exactly the same.
Reply 56
You are so right: evolutionary theory is proved true!

Yeah, shame evolution doesn't have a response to ***** from the Internet. But I couldn't really care less of your opinion as you're obviously to simple to understand what punishments for rape there should be.
Reply 57

You are pretty ignorant.

All what women need to get money these days is just to flash their ass or tits or offer their sexual services if they happen to be poor and unemployed. That is what I mean't with women getting what they want, financially to an extent. At least the ones which aren't pig ugly. Your conclusion that I'm ignorant as a person is a bit extreme since I've only stated my opinion on one matter and nothing more.
Reply 58
Original post by JRN19
All what women need to get money these days is just to flash their ass or tits or offer their sexual services if they happen to be poor and unemployed. That is what I mean't with women getting what they want, financially to an extent. At least the ones which aren't pig ugly. Your conclusion that I'm ignorant as a person is a bit extreme since I've only stated my opinion on one matter and nothing more.

The sex industry and it's workers have little to do with rape. Prostitution has always existed. Women in dire financial circumstances have always turned to prostitution to survive. They do what they do to earn money. Even if a woman is a prostitute, that doesn't mean that she can't be raped. The rape of prostitutes is common. A woman always gets to decide whether or not to have sex.

Prostitutes often choose that life out of desperation. They need to support their family. It isn't a choice. It is the least bad option out of very few available.

You have just demonstrated your ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by JRN19
You know what I find ignorant and stupid? Your belief that every rapist deserves the same punishment. Rape is too much of a complex thing to treat exactly the same.

Rape is very complicated. But sentencing is too lenient. The victim is never in the wrong. There should be a minimum sentence. The rapist should always be imprisoned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply