The Student Room Group

Are ISIS muslims?

Scroll to see replies

If they look like muslims, pray like muslims, and call themselves muslims, then they probably are muslims.
Original post by SHBKhan
Why are you focusing on the cat so literally. That wasn't the point of it. If you don't have the capabilities to understand what I wrote then I don't trust you to understand the Qu'ran.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I was entirely focused on what the Koran said about jihad, slaves and murder. You were the one who decided to bring some cat into this.

It is clear that you just don't like the truth about the Koran. That was precisely my point-what on earth does some cat story have to say about ISIS? Nothing at all.

The reality is that; 1) The Koran does indeed say what I say it does-this is indisputable fact. A simple google search can get you a copy of the Koran and even send you to the exact place.

2) When looking at what the Koran says on these topics I draw my conclusions. In this case it is clear why ISIS are inspired by the Koran for the reasons I have given-they are noble warriors whose place by default is the highest echelons of heaven.

3) You don't like the truth so come up with some absolute nonsense about cat stories. You utterly refuse to actually accept what the Koran says and because you feel awkward about it try and justify it using some ridiculous logic. The Koran says what I have stated earlier, no ifs, no buts. There is no interpretation issue from my reading-you only wish their was. The Koran goes into great detail about these topics and the message is consistent and clear-the most noble of people are the jihadis, those who fight the holy war. In war murder is inevitable and slaves are simply the spoils of war, this is also stated.

People have cottoned on to the truth. You can try and trot out the cliche "interpretation" argument, the cliche "not true Muslim" argument, but we all see through it now. The truth is that these people ARE Muslim, they ARE interpreting the Koran, and the Koran itself is fundamentally clear on these issues.

Either you reject the Koran or you follow these issues, the choice is clear.

I understand what you wrote perfectly-it was just complete nonsense. Again, if we want to know what the Koran says about ISIS (the jihad, the murder, the slavery and treatment of non-believers) we simply look to the Koran and read the extensive amount of material in there on the topic. All of this material follows the same theme, it is very clear.

What we don't do is decide that to try and pull the wool over peoples' eyes is lie about what is in the Koran and come up with cat stories to try and say;

Original post by SHBKhan
There is also a story where a women locked up a cat and didn't feed it. She was sent to hell for doing so. It is very important to understand context of when certain things are said because the Qu'ran is continuous in verses and eveything is related it takes a skilled person to understand it and that's why there are so many scholars who are highly regarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is also this story? So what? You were clearly trying to counter my argument with this farcical post. The "there is also" shows this. And again, what I said earlier still applies-cat stories have no relevance to this thread.

The link between ISIS and the Koran cannot be denied. Denying it is desperate attempts to try and lie to people. The truth is the truth, like it or not, cat story to try and cover it up or not. The Koran is clear on this matter. Either you reject the Koran as the literal word of God or you do indeed believe in the noble cause of jihad, the war path which it not only promoted but promises eternal paradise amongst the very highest levels of heaven.

But by all means, any more irrelevant stories that you can skillfully and in a scholarly manner drop into the debate I would be happy to hear.

For all the other people reading this thread, a simple google search can get you a copy of the Koran and even send you to the exact place these areas are mentioned.
(edited 8 years ago)
I know what I believe about the Qu'ran and I read this book everyday and I know that it defies ISIS ultimately and groups like ISIS are condemned and considered 'Khwarij' in the Qu'ran. If you really did some real research and looked at the Qu'ran properly with intention to understand it you would know what I'm talking about. The cat story was to show you how things are said in diversity in the Qu'ran and how it works. I wasn't trying to make a point that Muslims are cat lovers (Even though we are). If you have time to do all that research then research 'ISIS Khwarij' and there is nothing else you need to look at to know that ISIS and groups like them are completely out of Islam.
(edited 8 years ago)
This list shows why ISIS are not Islamic.
Original post by i<3milkshake
To be a Muslim you must identify yourself as a Muslim. You must believe in at least some of the views of Islam. This is seen through the Koran, a book which is just that; a non-living book.

Being Megan Fox's boyfriend requires more than just believing in what she says. It is not something which is soley dependent on you. Also she is a human being and has a say in whether you have a relationship with her, a non-living book on the other hand is not going to speak out and say who is Muslim or not any time soon.

Amusing comparison yes, I give you that, but not remotely justifying your answer of no.

You're totally overlooking the fact that if the muslim community denounce you and your actions because they go against the teachings of the religion, that means you're not really a muslim. As I said, just claiming to be a muslim doesn't automatically make you one, you have to actually practice what is right in the eyes of their God, for example murder is wrong.
Original post by SHBKhan
This list shows why ISIS are not Islamic.

not the question being asked the question is are they muslim and according to the img you just posted YES they are
Original post by WoodyMKC
You're totally overlooking the fact that if the muslim community denounce you and your actions because they go against the teachings of the religion, that means you're not really a muslim.

That's simply not true
ISIS are only related to Islam from their use and manipulation of Islam as a tool for gain political and financial ground. They make millions a week. They are the richest terrorist organisation. And clearly with all their Toyota trucks they are enjoying their money. And the constant 'misintended' aid from the US only helps them. Scholars have issued real fatwas against ISIS. Hundreds of top Imams are holding campaigns around the world against ISIS. And not to forget the Peshmerga and thousands of Muslims who have been on the front line since day 1 resisting ISIS and giving their life's to rebel ISIS. Surely those Muslims would join ISIS? Well no they know the reality and they have realised it's not Islam. ISIS use the weak and vulnerable and brainwash them and that's how they create terrorists to fight for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHBKhan
I know what I believe about the Qu'ran and I read this book everyday

does that quran say it's ok to crucify people (for certain crimes)?
According to the image they are? How did you come up with that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconandSauce
That's simply not true

It is true. As a Muslim I know this. The Qu'ran clearly states this how are you blatantly telling us its not true when we clearly know it is as Muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHBKhan
According to the image they are? How did you come up with that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you need to learn how to use the quote function

Number 9 in the list tells us they are muslims.
Original post by SHBKhan
It is true. As a Muslim I know this. The Qu'ran clearly states this how are you blatantly telling us its not true when we clearly know it is as Muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile

the list you gave contradicts you

you did read it before posting didn't you?
you need to learn how to use the quote function

Number 9 in the list tells us they are muslims.

Number 9: Don't call someone a non Muslim unless they state they are.
How does that tell us ISIS is Muslim. You need to learn how to use your brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHBKhan

Posted from TSR Mobile

read the list YOU provided and pay special attention to number 9.
Original post by SHBKhan
Number 9: Don't call someone a non Muslim unless they state they are.
How does that tell us ISIS is Muslim. You need to learn how to use your brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have members of ISIS themselves declared themselves non Muslims?

I don't think they ever have so according to the list you gave they ARE Muslims and you are being the poor muslim here by telling them they are not despite they themselves calling themselves muslim

Unless you are now going to argue against your own evidence
(edited 8 years ago)
Have members of ISIS themselves declared themselves non Muslims?

I don't think they ever have so according to the list you gave they ARE Muslims

Unless you are now going to argue against your own evidence

You clearly don't understand what I have been saying. You're taking it way too literally and you can't use it against other verses of the Qu'ran because you haven't studied it and you're not a Muslim. Let me make an analogy with murder as the topic it still fits.

Rule Number 9: Do not claim someone is a murderer unless they state so themselves.
However if that person is claiming not to be a murderer and there is evidence and the actions of that individual tell us he is then it is only right to call him a murderer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love the logic being shown that ISIS aren't Muslims because killing automatically makes you a non Muslim. So those Muslims killing ISIS aren't Muslims either then?
Americans behind the curtain, muslims being the puppets
Because that makes a lot of sense?
You people aren't listening it's like you don't want to know.
Killing for the wrong reasons takes you out of Islam. Such as killing someone simply because you want to.
Against killing someone in self defense. Is that hard to understand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending