The Student Room Group

Are ISIS muslims?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHBKhan
You clearly don't have the mental capabilities to understand what I have been saying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah so you go for the personal attack.

You don't have the language skills to engage with the argument you posted (you've done this twice now to other posters)

I'm taking it literally because it's obvious what it says

YOU can't call them a non muslim only THEY can. This is the advice Imams have given YOU but you are unable to understand the language it is written in or define its meaning from the words actually used

You are simply being a poor muslim and now you been shown this you are attacking me
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SHBKhan
Because that makes a lot of sense?
You people aren't listening it's like you don't want to know.
Killing for the wrong reasons takes you out of Islam. Such as killing someone simply because you want to.
Against killing someone in self defense. Is that hard to understand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

we are listening but like your faith you have been unable to convince us

this is not because of our failings but the weakness of your arguments
Original post by AlwaysWatching
So those Muslims killing ISIS aren't Muslims either then?

haha

but that would be the right reason

But then ISIS believe they are using the right reasons

and round and round they go
Original post by Onde
Why are you so fond of saying that those who have not openly declared themselves as non-Muslims aren't Muslim?

So many bad muslims telling ISIS they aren't muslim on this thread

yet were supposed to take a bad muslims word they are the right wrong muslim!
All of ISIS are Muslims but most Muslims have nothing to do with ISIS.
Original post by BaconandSauce
we are listening but like your faith you have been unable to convince us

this is not because of our failings but the weakness of your arguments

Ah so you go for the personal attack.

You don't have the language skills to engage with the argument you posted (you've done this twice now to other posters)

I'm taking it literally because it's obvious what it says

YOU can't call them a non muslim only THEY can. This is the advice Imams have given YOU but you are unable to understand the language it is written in or define it menacing from the words actually used

You are simply being a poor muslim and now you been shown this you are attacking me

I'm not here to convince you I'm just stating what I know as a Muslim. People constantly moan that Muslims don't do anything or condemn ISIS but here I am. And now you're trying to counter me when I'm trying to not associate an evil group with my religion because I believe in peace and all I want to do is coexist. But it's as if you don't want that.

Original post by Onde
Why are you so fond of saying that those who have not openly declared themselves as non-Muslims aren't Muslim?

You still don't understand it. If you were a Muslim you would know. It's a faith thing. You can be a part of a prestigious university but if you break a rule then you're no longer a member. You can be part of Islam and if you break a rule you're no longer a Muslim. That's how it works. The books word is more superior to what the average Muslim states. If the book says he is not Muslim because he is killing innocent people then he isn't. But if the person says he is while still admitting to Killin innocent people then he isn't Muslim because the Book states that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onde
No, even if there was evidence that a person was a murderer, calling them a murderer when they have not stated they are one violates Rule 9. There is no other way about it.

Actually pleading not guilty in court gives you a higher sentence if you are proven guilty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WoodyMKC
You're totally overlooking the fact that if the muslim community denounce you and your actions because they go against the teachings of the religion, that means you're not really a muslim. As I said, just claiming to be a muslim doesn't automatically make you one, you have to actually practice what is right in the eyes of their God, for example murder is wrong.

The Muslim community have been silent on the matter. And as for going against the teachings of the religion-well look in the Koran. It is clearly there. Not following the Koran makes you not a Muslim. The Koran is clear about what should happen to the non-believers, the honour of jihad, etc.

I think you are totally overlooking the fact that the Muslim community has not condemned these attacks, Muslim countries never seem to lead the fight against "radical" Islam but the West always has to (I therefore doubt the little condemnation they do make is more than lip service), and the Koran clearly says well, what I have said above.
Original post by Onde
That is utterly irrelevant to whether rule 9 has been violated or not.

It's very relevant because that's how the Qu'ran works. It has a legal system inside it and rules inside it. It is a rule book and a guide and and a system. I read the book everyday I know this and and I understand how it works.
It's a simple concept it's been used for thousands of years.
Rule Number 9 was there because ISIS is claiming anyone against them was Non-Muslim and this is mentioned in the Qu'ran too.
I don't see why you are having so much difficulty comprehending this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHBKhan
I'm just stating what I know as a Muslim.

Thne you should stop as you are doing your muslim brothers and sisters more harm than you think

But as I've shown by the definition you posted you are a bad muslim

I'm sure most Muslims do not want people like you to speak for them
(edited 8 years ago)
The you should stop as you are doing your muslim brothers and sisters more harm than you think

Didn't you hear? This guy is the sole decider of who is Muslim and who is not.

It is not whether you believe in and are inspired by the Koran that decides whether you are a Muslim, it is whether this guy says you are or not.

Hilarious how he trots out the "they are not Muslim" line.
Original post by Onde
But ISIS do not believe they are killing innocent people. We only agree here that you disagree with their interpretation of who is innocent. Killing journalists and aid workers might seem abominable to decent people, but the qur'an has plenty of justifications for killing unbelievers (only Muslims who follow the qur'an are considered "innocent" in Islam). The qur'an at various points encourages the slaughter of polytheists, atheists, heretics, and non-Islamic "People of the Book".

What you stated makes it easier for me to understand why you're having a hard time with what I'm saying because what you said was essentially bull. I said before, the books word is more powerful than the man's word. If ISIS say they aren't killing someone innocent in regards to them murdering a random lady in a shop. (ISIS kills random tourists you know that) and the Qu'ran states that you cannot kill them for those reasons and that killing someone is only justified in very specific cases such as self defence etc... then what the Qu'ran says is true. And we as Muslims are to believe that and conclude that ISIS killed innocent people. ISIS can't dictate whether they did or didn't and I know they say they don't but that shows they are disregarding the Qu'ran and following their own rules. ( They also stated they would destroy Mecca in one of their plans). Then you said only Muslims who follow Islam are innocent. Its as if you forgot eveything mentioned in this thread so I'm going to let you do some private researxh on that because it's a ridiculous claim with no foundation.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thne you should stop as you are doing your muslim brothers and sisters more harm than you think

You've totally disregarded my main point about ISIS and now you're moving on to something else irrelevant. People always do this. So im going to assume you are a troll who doesn't really want to learn whether ISIS is Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onde
In your example, if someone pleading guilty to being a murderer or a non-Muslim, Rule 9 would be irrelevant because the admission would mean you could label them as such without breaking Rule 9.

If they do not admit to being guilty of being a murderer or a non-Muslim, then you, as someone who wishes to follow Rule 9, are no more correct if you have evidence they are lying. Thus your additional comment would still be irrelevant.

All that we can conclude from your "Rule 9" is that I, as a non-Muslim, can label you as a non-Muslim because you contradict Rule 9, but that ISIS ARE Muslims because they apparently still follow it. And even if they did not, I would still consider them Muslims.

You're still at stage 1. I don't know what's going to help you or if there is any hope. Visit your local mosque.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SHBKhan
You've totally disregarded my main point about ISIS and now you're moving on to something else irrelevant. People always do this. So im going to assume you are a troll who doesn't really want to learn whether ISIS is Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I have not

I have learnt that they are muslim and you provided me with the proof of this

You gave the evidence yourself (but I suspect your English isn't good enough to understand what is written)
Original post by Onde
This wouldn't make them non-Muslim. No one in Islamic scripture does it say you should worship shrines and prophets.

Actually, the qur'an is quite clear that the label of "innocent" only applies to those who follow its tenets. It is extremely clear when it encourages Muslims to slaughter everybody until there is no belief except for Allah, and where it says that unbelievers will be punished harshly on Judgement Day.

You don't know what Mecca is about it isn't a shrine or a prophet. :/
No the Qu'ran isn't clear about killing people who not Muslims.
Again as a Muslim I am adamant I know more about my religion than you do so I find it off you are insisting it is what you think it is because that's what you read somewhere and you decided not to change your mind because you possibly don't want to disregarding the fact that you are wrong in what you know about Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by i<3milkshake
Didn't you hear? This guy is the sole decider of who is Muslim and who is not.

It is not whether you believe in and are inspired by the Koran that decides whether you are a Muslim, it is whether this guy says you are or not.

Hilarious how he trots out the "they are not Muslim" line.

Just shows he's a poor muslim who can be ignored.
Original post by SHBKhan
You clearly don't have the mental capabilities to understand what I have been saying. You're taking it way too literally and you can't use it against other verses of the Qu'ran because you haven't studied it and you're not a Muslim. Let me make an analogy with murder as the topic it still fits.

Rule Number 9: Do not claim someone is a murderer unless they state so themselves.
However if that person is claiming not to be a murderer and there is evidence and the actions of that individual tell us he is then it is only right to call him a murderer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it that certain groups on here always resort to petty name calling without any evidence to support their claim whatsoever?

Honestly, read through here and some people post arguments and points of view that are justified. They don't need to engage in personal attacks since they have a point and are confident in that. Any jibes are alongside such evidence in any case.

Other people just seem to trot out insult after insult but never get to a point. The only conclusion to come to is that they are simply wrong but can't take it so get enraged.

The people lacking mental capacity are the ones spouting the pathetic insults that ironically apply more to them than anyone else. Other examples from a thread just yesterday;

Original post by AzimH
Go choke on a used condom.

Original post by AzimH
Some babies were dropped on their heads but you were clearly thrown at a wall.

The full thread is here from just yesterday-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3714907&x=16&y=9

this is far from the only person and there are plenty more examples in there alone. It follows the same pattern;
1) Have no point whatsoever to make
2) Get angry that other people do
3) Get even more angry when you realise that they are right and you can't counter it
4) Proceed to have an epic meltdown and start insulting people left right and center. At no point will an actual response to the points actually emerge, let alone a semi-credible or articulate one.
Just shows he's a poor muslim who can be ignored.

Lmao. Just shows I know more about Islam than you and you want to keep stating the same things because you can't progress in the argument because what you learnt doesn't let you because it's not true and what you learnt about Islam isn't what Islam really is. Sorry brug

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending