The Student Room Group

How do you find boyfriend at Uni?

I mean, any tips to get to know new people or getting closer to new friends? How do you get someone to know you are interested in them? Any experiences to share about all this stuff?
I'm going to Uni but I have never had a proper boyfriend, so I don't know how this all works.
Thanks!! :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Join societies you are interested in, not just a way of finding a boyfriend but making more friends or if you see a guy you like in lectures then start talking to him.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean, any tips to get to know new people or getting closer to new friends? How do you get someone to know you are interested in them? Any experiences to share about all this stuff?
I'm going to Uni but I have never had a proper boyfriend, so I don't know how this all works.

When a guy tells you he fancies you, don't jump straight in to bed with him 😣 big mistake
When a guy tells you he fancies you, don't jump straight in to bed with him 😣 big mistake

whaaaaaaaat noooo...
Reply 4

You will be lucky to find a guy who actually wants a relationship. Guys chase the girls into bed, then the girls chase the guys out of the bedroom trying to grab them and reign them into a relationship!
Original post by Lunch Money
Join societies you are interested in, not just a way of finding a boyfriend but making more friends or if you see a guy you like in lectures then start talking to him.

This. But don't just limit yourself to university, you could try dating apps etc too.

That's what I did with both my girlfriends, met them in nightclubs, took them straight to bed and then went out with them... but yeah, it's probably not a good strategy overall. Never shag someone early on and expect anything more.
Reply 7
Original post by Mankytoes
That's what I did with both my girlfriends, met them in nightclubs, took them straight to bed and then went out with them... but yeah, it's probably not a good strategy overall. Never shag someone early on and expect anything more.

If your serious make em wait, not jumping in bed with the first guy you meet is a good test of wife material
Meh I've always jumped straight into bed with blokes. Didn't serve me badly at all although it did result in a couple of clingy guys that wouldn't leave me alone.
Original post by redferry
Meh I've always jumped straight into bed with blokes. Didn't serve me badly at all although it did result in a couple of clingy guys that wouldn't leave me alone.

I am not vying to be offensive, but with that description, am I the only one who thinks that makes you perhaps, a "slut"? Or something along the lines of that.
Original post by whorace
If your serious make em wait, not jumping in bed with the first guy you meet is a good test of wife material

You don't have to follow everyone else's standards, y'know.
Don't wear a bra to lectures.
Original post by pereira325
I am not vying to be offensive, but with that description, am I the only one who thinks that makes you perhaps, a "slut"? Or something along the lines of that.

'I'm not trying to be offensive but I'm going to call you a very misogynistic slur'

Be honest here, you were trying to be offensive else you wouldn't be throwing that term around.

There's literally nothing wrong with sleeping with someone early on if you like them. Relationships aren't some stupid game where you have to hold out to prove your worth/keep them interested. If they think less of you because you 'put out too early or whatever the **** then you aren't going to want them as a boyfriend anyway.

But of course no-one is calling you a slut -_-
But of course no-one is calling you a slut -_-

Slut- a woman with the morals of a man...

I did have friends who were surprised I went further with "one night stand girls". I just said I know we have at least one thing in common...

Then there's the whole "sluts won't be loyal" thing. I just replied we're slutty, we don't cheat when we have girlfriends.

It's annoying, but at least it's an easy way to sift out the ******s. You girls who apply this stuff as well, these people are welcome to each other.
Slut- a woman with the morals of a man...

I did have friends who were surprised I went further with "one night stand girls". I just said I know we have at least one thing in common...

Then there's the whole "sluts won't be loyal" thing. I just replied we're slutty, we don't cheat when we have girlfriends.

It's annoying, but at least it's an easy way to sift out the ******s. You girls who apply this stuff as well, these people are welcome to each other.

I never managed a one night stand without it turning into a relationship lol.

I agree pretty good way to sift out people you don't want to be with!
I would never think badly of a woman if she said she wanted to sleep with me as soon as possible.

That's like the dream :s-smilie:
'I'm not trying to be offensive but I'm going to call you a very misogynistic slur'

Be honest here, you were trying to be offensive else you wouldn't be throwing that term around.

There's literally nothing wrong with sleeping with someone early on if you like them. Relationships aren't some stupid game where you have to hold out to prove your worth/keep them interested. If they think less of you because you 'put out too early or whatever the **** then you aren't going to want them as a boyfriend anyway.

Okay, so you basicly admit you are.
And no, i am not misogynistic.
My argument or question would be the same if a guy said that. I would call him a "male slut" :smile:
Yes i was being offensive, and i agree it is okay to sleep with someone if you really like them, but not with random strangers or every guy. The latter makes someone a "slut" according to my definition.
Re-read your previous post, "i've always jumped into bed with blokes." That means any guy. Unless i am being too picky here(probably)
(edited 8 years ago)
My argument or question would be the same if a guy said that. I would call him a "male slut" :smile:
Yes i was being offensive, and i agree it is okay to sleep with someone if you really like them, but not with random strangers or every guy. The latter makes someone a "slut" according to my definition.
Re-read your previous post, "i've always jumped into bed with blokes." That means any guy. Unless i am being too picky here(probably)

Clearly you use it as a gendered term given you directed your comment at me and not the male poster that said virtually exactly what I did. Don't pretend you aren't a sexist.

I never-say-die I slept with every guy I met. Although there's nothing wrong with that either I think someone who did that would struggle to keep male friends, which would be a shame. My point was there's no harm with sleeping with someone you like, holding out in some attempt to appear more desirable is just stupid.

I wish it did XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending