The Student Room Group

What's the point of relationships?

What do you get out of it? Why do you care so much about other people, why do you want a relationship with someone?

Scroll to see replies

Sex
When you find somebody you really care about you want to experience life with them, and grow with them. I'm in my relationship because I love him and everything about him, and I get to build my life with the man I'm in love with
Reply 3
Stinky fingers and the ability to use someone else's Netflix subscription.
Because some people need it and it feels good.
Original post by driftawaay
Sex

You don't need a relationship for sex.
Original post by Treeroy
What do you get out of it? Why do you care so much about other people, why do you want a relationship with someone?

You get to find someone who finally understands you and accepts you for who you are and all your qualities:smile:

You look forward to something in life/have motivation to wake up:h:

You have someone to talk to about your interests and whenever you or they feel lonely:biggrin:

You have someone to admire, your better half allows you to think in new ways and see in new light:colondollar:

They make you a better person:h:

You can look into their eyes deeply and get completely lost in them and say "I love you" and (hopefully) hear it back:lovedup:

You can hold hands on walks and just admire their little quirks and qualities:lovehug:

You can share good and bad times with them:love:

You can celebrate valentines day and Id give them flowers and chocolates :biggrin:

Thats more than enough for me :smile:

(edited 8 years ago)
How could someone as selfish as yourself ever understand?
Fun and adventure
Another source of happiness in life.
you need someone to tell you that you look pretty on days when you look like **** :colonhash:
If you have to ask, you'll never know.
To find your wife
So she will be all your bhabbi :lol:
Original post by william walker
You don't need a relationship for sex.

But I thought you said you need to be married to have sex?
Reply 14
Assuming you get along and are content with each other, it can make for a safer, cheaper and mentally healthier life.

Of course humans are rarely content.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
you need someone to tell you that you look pretty on days when you look like **** :colonhash:
And someone who has the humour to tell you that you look like **** on days when you are pretty
To experience hand holding and kissing
Dopamine
Original post by driftawaay
But I thought you said you need to be married to have sex?

You shouldn't have sex until you are married. However you don't have to be married to have sex. Like I could just go for a drive, pick a girl up and rape her to have sex. Or just call a whore. So you really don't need a relationship to have sex either.
Reply 19
Original post by ForestShadow

You get to find someone who finally understands you and accepts you for who you are and all your qualities:smile:

You look forward to something in life/have motivation to wake up:h:

You have someone to talk to about your interests and whenever you or they feel lonely:biggrin:

You have someone to admire, your better half allows you to think in new ways and see in new light:colondollar:

They make you a better person:h:

You can look into their eyes deeply and say "I love you" and (hopefully) hear it back:lovedup:

You can hold hands on walks and just admire their little quirks and qualities:lovehug:

You can share good and bad times with them:love:

You can celebrate valentines day and Id give them flowers and chocolates :biggrin:

Thats more than enough for me :smile:

See I used to think that way and then I met @RoshniXRoss and the c*unt before him, there's no point to relationships OP unless you like making your life living hell.

Quick Reply