The Student Room Group

Why do US girls have different attractions to UK girls?

In the UK, girls usually prefer guys who are thin but have a nice face, whilst girls in the US prefer guys who are quite muscular / bulky. What do you think is the reason for this?
Original post by Anonymous
In the UK, girls usually prefer guys who are thin but have a nice face, whilst girls in the US prefer guys who are quite muscular / bulky. What do you think is the reason for this?

If this is true, they've obviously been conditioned differently. Most girls I know from France like thinner men too.
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
If this is true, they've obviously been conditioned differently. Most girls I know from France like thinner men too.

Brb moving to france :mmm:

OP- because no two girls are the same and like different things
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Brb moving to france :mmm:

OP- because no two girls are the same and like different things

IMO French girls are the best. They dig me too.
Nature of each and every person is different...
Original post by Anonymous

army culture in us leads to people respecting army...and hence subconsciously respecting the guns(muscle that is p)
I honestly think it's a European thing. European women seem to be more preoccupied with sophistication/chicness compared with American women who tend to be more brash "more is more".

Having a slimmer frame does tend to cone across more refined compared to having a big as you can get gorilla body.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hypermasculinity is what women are into at the moment. They want to be masculine themselves, and therefore they need a man who is hypermasculine so that the relationship looks and feels right to them.
(edited 8 years ago)
From my own observations, and this is totally anecdotal and subjective, American girls go for more conventional good looks, or 'manliness', more the guy you would expect people to fancy, whereas English girls are more obsessed with 'bad boys' or general slightly dickish men who treat others a certain way, who may not be good looking, or very manly at all. English girls seems more unexpected in their choices. Slightly subjective again but I also have a feeling the English girls like more control in a way. Americans prefer a more traditional male-female dynamic. Personally I have had more yank girls like me, try and make the first move etc, especially when I started uni and they studied there. It was tangible.
Original post by The Blue Axolotl

You wouldn't happen to know the average house price in France would you?

Asking for a friend...
Original post by Retired_Messiah
You wouldn't happen to know the average house price in France would you?

Asking for a friend...

More than you could afford :wink:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
More than you could afford :wink:

Of course I couldn't afford it yet, I'm only 17 I haven't got my high paying career path. Gotta prepare for the future tho fam, always lookin ahead
Oh my God this is so true!!! I think in Britain we've totally be conditioned to like I guess Yeh 'bad boys' or even 'classy' guys in suits, I know it's subjective but I would say we like people who are slightly different and will offer adventure, maybe it's all the grey clouds and rain :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SteampunkNerd
Oh my God this is so true!!! I think in Britain we've totally be conditioned to like I guess Yeh 'bad boys' or even 'classy' guys in suits, I know it's subjective but I would say we like people who are slightly different and will offer adventure, maybe it's all the grey clouds and rain :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting, you're agreeing with me about conditioning. It seems it affects society in all ways, politics, sex etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending