The Student Room Group

j sainsbury customer service assistant

hi everyone applied online for job in j sainsbury had to do a assessment online got email to say i had been successful in the first part of there recruitment process and to invite me to attend an interview.that i have on friday 13th november im really nervous about the interview just wanted to know the procedure and how long the interview is for
thank you
Original post by welshy35
hi everyone applied online for job in j sainsbury had to do a assessment online got email to say i had been successful in the first part of there recruitment process and to invite me to attend an interview.that i have on friday 13th november im really nervous about the interview just wanted to know the procedure and how long the interview is for
thank you

No one can tell you how long the interview will be just be prepared for say half an hour or something along those lines.

Honestly you will do fine, I work there so I know the long process involved up to this point. You've clearly proved yourself so just go in, be confident. Even if you don't have retail experience give them some examples of where you worked in a team etc. That sort of thing. Just be yourself is the main thing they want to see your personality as well as your skills.

Make a positive impression on them, if they forget about you the moment you leave - not good. If they remember you for all the wrong reasons - not good.

Make sure you are professional with every single person you come into contact with - polite, helpful, friendly. Maybe even comment on something in the store..e.g oh I see you have your mince pies at the front of the store, I noticed it as soon as I came in, are you getting a lot of sales on it...that'll impress them.

I'm in a local store..and I've ended up greeting pretty much all our interviewees...my manager (naturally) has asked me (or whoever comes into contact with them) what they think, what are our first impressions etc.

If you go in and you're as quiet as a mouse or you don't give examples it won't go well.

Make sure you do not turn up looking like something out of a rap video, please, I beg you. No jeans no nothing. At the very least smart casual. No trainers, no jeans, no chains dangling down your chest etc. Some people assume because it's retail they can just rock up as if they are meeting their friends, please don't let it be you.

Don't let the above scare you..it's relative to any job :smile: Also...you could even have a very relaxed interview. Some managers are tougher than others just be very prepared and you can't go wrong.

Good luck and (hopefully) welcome to the family!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending