The Student Room Group

The school where lessons start at 1.30pm

Scroll to see replies

11am. I'm definitely a night person, so I tend to do pretty much all of my work at night, and an 11am start time would let me do that and keep my body clock in check at the same time. 9am starts make me get about 6 hours of sleep a night when I really need about 8 to feel human :tongue:
Reply 41
For me, if I haven't forced myself to sleep - I'm most productive between 1am and 3am, but I can't physically sleep much after 6/7am anyway; so I went with 9am
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
1pm would have been amazing for me during secondary school days.

1pm-7pm are my most productive hours. Anything after that will take me longer to complete.

But I'm not complaining, as an A2 student I was back before lunch today, yay! :biggrin:

Imo 1 pm is too late , by the time you arrive home you have 2-3 hours at most before you can sleep to do work. Therefore you would have to do work in the morning before school anyway.

10 am is best !
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Imo 1 pm is too late , by the time you arrive home you have 2-3 hours at most before you can sleep to do work. Therefore you would have to do work in the morning before school anyway.

10 am is best !

10am is good, but 1pm gives you so many hours to study before hand so you can just fall asleep the minute you back from school, I would love that! :biggrin:
10am is good, but 1pm gives you so many hours to study before hand so you can just fall asleep the minute you back from school, I would love that! :biggrin:

Ah your able to nap , i'm not so blessed :frown:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Ah your able to nap , i'm not so blessed :frown:

I could honestly fall asleep anywhere and at anytime I just have to close my eyes. I'm such a sleepy person all the time!
I could honestly fall asleep anywhere and at anytime I just have to close my eyes. I'm such a sleepy person all the time!

I'm so sensitive when it comes to sleep , unless im snug under a comfy duvet at the right angle i won't fall asleep. Only exception is when i'm jetlagged and havent slept for several hours.

Ah , i envy you :smile:
I would rather start earlier and finish earlier. On Tuesdays, I don't start until 1:15, and I finish around 6. It's brutal, especially when you just want to get home and you hit rush hour traffic.
Workers without children would love the school day to be two hours later- start after they have arrived at work, end just after they are well on their way home or even arrived.
Where's 8 or 10am?
I'd say 10AM. No vote option though. 11 seems late for me.
Original post by Riverstar
My school lessons start at 9, and seeing as I average around 5 hours sleep I'd really appreciate a lie-in. Personally, I work better late at night so a 1-7 day would suit me way better than 9-4

Same here . Not a morning person at all. Can't bear people who are up at the crack of dawn and finished everything by lunch time.
10/11am would be the most sensible based on the research you're discussing, the only problem you've got is getting them there to start with, assuming the average parent isn't on shift work so would still be stuck working 9-5.
My college for AS year tried the same thing by only having us in after lunch. I was in lessons 1:15pm till 6:15pm most days with 90 minute lessons. It was awful and I was more tired and falling asleep when it got dark in winter. Yes we got lie ins but we were sat waiting around to go to school and no one did homework in the morning, you couldn't be bothered to as soon as you wake up.

I already feel more productive this year with all my days 9am - 2pm at the latest. It's a nice idea and I got more sleep but I got way less homework and study done.
Why there's no 8 am option? I mistakenly voted on 7 am :facepalm: My primary, secondary, high school, university, all started from 8 am and no one ever found that to be a problem. Okay, I choose 9 am :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 55
I think 9am is good
This is rubbish. I wake up at 5:30am every day, even on the weekends. And who wants to be in school until 7 at night? I'd much rather start as early as possible and finish as early as possible!
People actually voted for 7am, wow.
I voted for 11am, as that would allow me to get more sleep without finishing too late to do clubs/extra curricular activities - win-win!
Reply 59
I haven't read the whole thread, just the first page, but has anyone thought about the teachers with a 9:00am start and a 7:00pm finish? I'd quit after a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending