The Student Room Group

What's the point of relationships?

Scroll to see replies

You have a relationship to feel what it is like to be in love with someone and share your life with them.
same as everything in life, to make us as happy as possible :smile:
Original post by william walker
You don't need a relationship for sex.

... and you don't need sex for a relationship :h:
Like I could just go for a drive, pick a girl up and rape her to have sex.

Plz don't do this.
Or just call a whore.

Or this.
Original post by Davalla
Plz don't do this.

Or this.

Don't worry. I am not going to commit such immoral actions as these. :smile:
Original post by Alexion

I believe you do in the end. For a time though you don't.
Reply 26
Original post by georgiaswift
When you find somebody you really care about you want to experience life with them, and grow with them. I'm in my relationship because I love him and everything about him, and I get to build my life with the man I'm in love with

But I can experience life with my best friends.

Original post by ForestShadow
You get to find someone who finally understands you and accepts you for who you are and all your qualities:smile: I understand myself better than anyone else will

You look forward to something in life/have motivation to wake up:h: I don't want to always have the same thing to wake up to.

You have someone to talk to about your interests and whenever you or they feel lonely:biggrin: I can do this with my friends

You have someone to admire, your better half allows you to think in new ways and see in new light:colondollar: I don't need to admire anyone other than myself

They make you a better person:h: good people are boring

You can look into their eyes deeply and get completely lost in them and say "I love you" and (hopefully) hear it back:lovedup: I don't get this one.

You can hold hands on walks and just admire their little quirks and qualities:lovehug: enough with the admiring bull.

You can share good and bad times with them:love: I share good and bad times with myself already

You can celebrate valentines day and Id give them flowers and chocolates :biggrin: ew

Thats more than enough for me :smile:

Original post by thecatwithnohat
you need someone to tell you that you look pretty on days when you look like **** :colonhash:
I don't need no one to lie to me, bitch I always know what I look like and I always look fab. Unless I don't want to look fabulous and in that case I'm fine.
Original post by llys
Assuming you get along and are content with each other, it can make for a safer, cheaper and mentally healthier life.Of course humans are rarely content.
So relationships are about saving money? :P

You shouldn't have sex until you are married. However you don't have to be married to have sex. Like I could just go for a drive, pick a girl up and rape her to have sex. Or just call a whore. So you really don't need a relationship to have sex either.
Dude you have problems. Shut up and get out of this thread.

Original post by Alexion
Now this is more interesting. :smile: Is that like a close friendship?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Treeroy
Now this is more interesting. :smile: Is that like a close friendship?

In a way. But with more cuddles :hugs:
I can't pretend to know what it's like to be in love, but I imagine you just want to be with that person, stick by their side. It ends up going deeper than just wanting someone you find sexually attractive and have chemistry with, it becomes unique to that person. That person is all you want and you just need that close, special connection with them; physically and emotionally.

But hey, what do I know. I'm just a single guy who's never been in love.
Original post by Treeroy
Dude you have problems. Shut up and get out of this thread.

I was simply pointing out a fact of reality. That if a man wanted sex he could rape a woman or see a whore. Obviously I am not not going to do such things and support the imprisonment of men who do.
You shouldn't have sex until you are married. However you don't have to be married to have sex. Like I could just go for a drive, pick a girl up and rape her to have sex. Or just call a whore. So you really don't need a relationship to have sex either.

Eh.
Original post by Lunch Money
Eh.

:lol:
I was simply pointing out a fact of reality. That if a man wanted sex he could rape a woman or see a whore. Obviously I am not not going to do such things and support the imprisonment of men who do.

Rape isn't an option for anyone who isn't complete scum.
Original post by Danz123
Rape isn't an option for anyone who isn't complete scum.

Indeed.
tax avoidance
gifting
conversing
someone to indulge
idk i don't see the point either unless they're open or w/e as monogamy is an entirely unrealistic expectation for human beings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well somebody needs to do the cooking and cleaning around here :u:
Reply 37

Rape is not sex. Stfu.
Original post by pizzad0gs
idk i don't see the point either unless they're open or w/e as monogamy is an entirely unrealistic expectation for human beings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a rather interesting and understandable point of view tbh. xD
Reply 39
Original post by Treeroy

So relationships are about saving money? :P

Of course. Wait until you are renting or want to buy a house and you'll know what I mean.
Original post by Treeroy
But I can experience life with my best friends.

Quite. You could even marry one of them (of either sex), if you wanted. There is no need for sexual relationships unless you want children. Even then, you could adopt with a friend as well.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply