The Student Room Group

Manchester University Rejection

I sent my UCAS off on the 4th and heard back from Manchester this evening. I applied for Economics and Politics. I knew it was a risk applying there as I didn't have the predicted grades to match the entry requirement, but my PS was pretty strong. I feel gutted that I didn't even make it to an interview. Feeling pretty **** right now. I've also received an email from Leeds Uni asking for an academic reference as my reference was by a recent employer. (I'm a gap year student) I can't really get a hold of anyone from College to provide me with a reference so there goes my Leeds offer. At this rate I'm honestly expecting all 5 rejections and I don't even think Economics would be available through clearing/adjustment at RG uni's. It's been a dream of mine to attend an RG uni, so I feel pretty crushed right now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry to hear, what about your other choices?
Im really sorry to hear that and i know how u feel i got rejected by nottingham and leeds, you just need to remember that there is something good that will come out of it. Also u are still waiting for other choices to reply so dont get disheartened i also applied to manchester wer else did u apply?
Reply 3
Original post by peanutbutterjam
Sorry to hear, what about your other choices?

I haven't heard back from anyone else yet. The other three are: Southampton, Sheffield and Birmingham.
Reply 4
Original post by Gladiator12345
Im really sorry to hear that and i know how u feel i got rejected by nottingham and leeds, you just need to remember that there is something good that will come out of it. Also u are still waiting for other choices to reply so dont get disheartened i also applied to manchester wer else did u apply?

Thank you and sorry to hear that as well.

I've also applied to southampton, sheffield and bham. What where your other universities and for which course?
Original post by Rubyx
Thank you and sorry to hear that as well.

I've also applied to southampton, sheffield and bham. What where your other universities and for which course?

I applied for chem eng with foundation year and have applied for sheffield, manchester and hull hope we both get into sheffield.lol
Reply 6
I applied for chem eng with foundation year and have applied for sheffield, manchester and hull hope we both get into sheffield.lol

I visited Sheffield University last year and fell in in love with the place. I really loved the vibe at the Student Unions, so would gladly accept an offer from them haha. Hope we both get it!
Original post by Rubyx
I visited Sheffield University last year and fell in in love with the place. I really loved the vibe at the Student Unions, so would gladly accept an offer from them haha. Hope we both get it!

I know and i can imagine chilling and working there it would be so good lol i wish u get it tho
Reply 8
I know and i can imagine chilling and working there it would be so good lol i wish u get it tho

Hey!

I just got an offer from Sheffield :biggrin: I need two A's in Maths and Economics though :/
Original post by Rubyx
Hey!

I just got an offer from Sheffield :biggrin: I need two A's in Maths and Economics though :/

Thats well good and ull get 2 As dw hopefull i can get ABB and we can both go there 🙌🙌🙌🙌🎉🎉🎆
Original post by Rubyx
I sent my UCAS off on the 4th and heard back from Manchester this evening. I applied for Economics and Politics. I knew it was a risk applying there as I didn't have the predicted grades to match the entry requirement, but my PS was pretty strong. I feel gutted that I didn't even make it to an interview. Feeling pretty **** right now. I've also received an email from Leeds Uni asking for an academic reference as my reference was by a recent employer. (I'm a gap year student) I can't really get a hold of anyone from College to provide me with a reference so there goes my Leeds offer. At this rate I'm honestly expecting all 5 rejections and I don't even think Economics would be available through clearing/adjustment at RG uni's. It's been a dream of mine to attend an RG uni, so I feel pretty crushed right now.

I know of someone who got into Bath via adjustment - okay, it's not an RG uni but it's one of the best non-RG unis and they've been top for student satisfaction. So that's worth thinking about :smile:
The Russell Group is made up for 24 universities. 8 of those are not within the top 24 ranked universities for this year. It's not a ranking of the best universities.
I applied to Manchester University for Chemical Engineering. For first year and foundation year. I had interviews for both and although i was told chemistry isn't something you need to hold in high regard, a quarter of the "diagnostic test" for foundation year was on chemistry and that is why i didn't get accepted there. Meanwhile my interview for first year was extremely unfair having a rude lecturer who didn't even shake my hand while all other lecturers shook the hand of the applicant. I was then questioned over and over on the same questions even though i had answered them. Eventually my nerves got the better of me and i got stumped on a simple equilibrium/differentiation question.
After failing both interviews my dreams feel crushed. Being of age 30 and not getting any younger i felt lost However, from what I've learnt in life is that you never give up on your dreams. From what I've learnt online about rejections to universities is that you must build a better profile. So my plan is to take an A level chemistry course in addition to my access to HE course and my A level maths I'm doing this year. Hold on to hope and determination, if you ever succumb to depression and that irritable notion you're not good enough you'll still be where you are now if not worse. Move forward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending