The Student Room Group

Problem Paying for UCAS Application

Hi,

I'm a mature student and I've just completed my application, but it won't let me pay. When I type my card details into the HSBC Visa verification - it keeps saying "Error please try again".

I've tried multiple times, and I know for a fact that I've entered my correct card details.

What do I do?

Thanks,

Lucas
Original post by LucasRoth
Hi,

I'm a mature student and I've just completed my application, but it won't let me pay. When I type my card details into the HSBC Visa verification - it keeps saying "Error please try again".

I've tried multiple times, and I know for a fact that I've entered my correct card details.

What do I do?

Thanks,

Lucas

Try again in the morning, then phone UCAS and see if there's a problem and if you can pay over the phone.
Reply 2
Nevermind, used my Mums card instead and for some reason that worked.

Now hopefully I'll get accepted. :3

Thanks for the help.
Original post by LucasRoth
Nevermind, used my Mums card instead and for some reason that worked.

Now hopefully I'll get accepted. :3

Thanks for the help.

Check that your verified by Visa hasn't been blocked. Sometimes if you try to make a payment too many times it'll block the verification so you'll have to phone the verified by Visa people to unblock it. Sometimes this happens if there's been an attempted fraudulent transaction using your details, or if you've repeatedly tried to make the same payment and it's not worked. There should be a phone number on the error page, they aren't the same team as the bank fraud team so if you go to the bank they may well tell you to call Verified by Visa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending