The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St. John's College 2016 Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Haderz
Applied for Economics. Maybe picked a bit too aspirational of a college cause my UMS isn't genius level but I feel like the interview will be the strongest part of my application if I get one.
Good luck to all!

A choice of your college won't affect your chance of getting an offer from
Cambridge because of their quite efficient moderating system.
If you're good enough you'll get a place somewhere even if your college cannot offer you their place.:wink:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
Original post by jjsnyder
Hope it goes well. Where have you applied to? What are your UMS overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

St Johns, I got 94% in Maths, 88% in Geography and 87% in Economics. 78% in Computing which I've dropped.
Reply 22
Original post by vincrows
A choice of your college won't affect your chance of getting an offer from
Cambridge because of their quite efficient moderating system.
If you're good enough you'll get a place somewhere even if your college cannot offer you their place.:wink:

Hopefully then :wink:
I have to take the TSA and the St Johns offer is A*A*A instead of A*AA which is why I was slightly more worried!
Original post by Haderz
Hopefully then :wink:
I have to take the TSA and the St Johns offer is A*A*A instead of A*AA which is why I was slightly more worried!

Read 'About Colleges' in this OP. :wink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3554013
Reply 24
Interview letters should come out soon! Anyone got one yet?
Hello, applying for law at St Johns!
Has anyone had to fill in any forms on their fee status? A friend applying to a different college (and I am well aware different colleges have different procedures) has had to fill in a fee status form so I was wondering if we were supposed to have received something about that too.
Reply 27
Original post by 16Characters....
Has anyone had to fill in any forms on their fee status? A friend applying to a different college (and I am well aware different colleges have different procedures) has had to fill in a fee status form so I was wondering if we were supposed to have received something about that too.

I've only had the data protection to fill in. Not had to send proof of UMS or anything extra.
Original post by jjsnyder
This is a thread for anyone applying to St. John's College, Cambridge this year. Feel free to introduce yourself and what subject you are applying for, and to ask any questions you have about the application process.

Hopefully this thread will enable you to make some contacts which may help to make the interview day a little easier and calmer.

I will go ahead and introduce myself first. I am applying for maths this year, and I have always wanted to go to Cambridge as I grew up there as a child. I really loved St. John's when I looked around it on the open day and the DoS was really friendly!

meh
Original post by Bruhh
I've only had the data protection to fill in. Not had to send proof of UMS or anything extra.

Yeah same here. Good to know, I am a bit distrustful ever since they sent round an email saying we had received details for the Applicants login and we had not :-)
Hi Everyone.

I am so glad they have a thread for St Johns Applicants. I am applying for Geography at St Johns and am really excited to start university.

Good luck everyone
Reply 31
Original post by Bilalmuh123
Hi Everyone.

I am so glad they have a thread for St Johns Applicants. I am applying for Geography at St Johns and am really excited to start university.

Good luck everyone

Hi dude, good luck with your application!
Letters about interviews should arrive soon :smile:
Original post by Haderz
Hi dude, good luck with your application!
Letters about interviews should arrive soon :smile:

Hi, thanks for such a warm welcome... Yeah I am so excited. Can't wait for it. Let me know how it goes 👍🏻
Reply 33
Anyone heard anything? Also does anybody know if we hear about interviews via email or post?
Original post by Bruhh
Anyone heard anything? Also does anybody know if we hear about interviews via email or post?

As far as I am aware, i think you get your interview notification by post. But UCAS track says that it willl update if you get an offer/interview so maybe you get both haha
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard about interviews yet - my friend submitted her written work to Queens' last week and got her interview invitation a week after, so I was beginning to feel concerned about not having heard anything since I sent my work in on Monday.

Anyway, I've applied for French and ab initio German and my current A-Level subjects are French, Spanish and English Lit. I wish you all the best of luck in getting interviews and offers (unless you're doing my course :P) and I hope we all hear some good news soon! :smile:
Hi. :smile:
I've applied for engineering at St John's, and am currently studying maths, further maths and physics to A2. Out of interest, has anyone got any invites for interviews yet?
Original post by bioeng98
Hi. :smile:
I've applied for engineering at St John's, and am currently studying maths, further maths and physics to A2. Out of interest, has anyone got any invites for interviews yet?

Hi, welcome to the St Johns thread. I think you should be hearing from them very soon regarding interviews
Reply 38
A tip: just call it John's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi :smile:

I'm applying for Natural Sciences and am doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths A Level. I logged on to the applicant website thing (can't remember where I found my log in details tho) and it said they normally give interview offers in the second week of November - so shouldn't be long!

Any other NatScis??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending