The Student Room Group

OCR A - Chemistry A Level (2015 new specification)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh
That's what I've been told by my teachers, but it will be good to clarify anyway
Thanks for getting in touch, if you can quote me once you find out that'll be good to know :smile:

OK - after a 10 email exchange with OCR it is as I thought.

The AS and the A2 exams are independent of each other so that if you did AS in 2016 and got an A, then you did A2 in 2017 and got a B, you would get two certificates with the respective grades on because they are independent exams. As far as unis are concerned, of course only the A2 exam result counts.
Reply 21
Original post by TeachChemistry
OK - after a 10 email exchange with OCR it is as I thought.

The AS and the A2 exams are independent of each other so that if you did AS in 2016 and got an A, then you did A2 in 2017 and got a B, you would get two certificates with the respective grades on because they are independent exams. As far as unis are concerned, of course only the A2 exam result counts.

Thanks
Hi, I am re-doing my AS Chemistry OCR Controlled assessments, and I really need to do well.

Qual CA: You will attempt to identify four unknown solutions; You will investigate the effect of heat on three solid compounds.

What would I need to know/go over, in order to do well (i.e. precipitation reactions?) PEASE REPLY ASAP AS IT IS URGENT...
Original post by chemman988
Hi, I am re-doing my AS Chemistry OCR Controlled assessments, and I really need to do well.

Qual CA: You will attempt to identify four unknown solutions; You will investigate the effect of heat on three solid compounds.

What would I need to know/go over, in order to do well (i.e. precipitation reactions?) PEASE REPLY ASAP AS IT IS URGENT...

Really sorry! Only just seeing this!
This thread is for the new specification that started this year, I haven't learnt anything about precipitation reactions as yet, so not sure if this group is much help

There is a chemistry teacher about that might be able to help you on this thread though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Detailed summary of 'OCR Chemistry A (H032): 2.1.1 Atoms and reactions', following the specification.
Original post by Robert-D
Detailed summary of 'OCR Chemistry A (H032): 2.1.1 Atoms and reactions', following the specification.

What's this, sorry?
Reply 26
Original post by MsDanderson
What's this, sorry?

I think s/he's just sharing his notes
Were onto redox reactions and our last should be bonding I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingAuthor
Were onto redox reactions and our last should be bonding I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are doing boing atm, think we are doing redox last. Not sure why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In order, we've done
The Atom, Acid and bases, amount of substances, electron configurations and redox reactions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MsDanderson
What's this, sorry?

I hate to be brazen but, surely it's common sense for those who have even basic literacy skills :borat:

Furthermore, stating that the files are 'notes' (in the title) -- coupled with the course name and module classification -- should be fairly conclusive :stupid:
Original post by Robert-D
I hate to be brazen but, surely it's common sense for those who have even basic literacy skills :borat:

Furthermore, stating that the files are 'notes' (in the title) -- coupled with the course name and module classification -- should be fairly conclusive :stupid:

Your comment on my basic literacy skills is greatly appreciated.

I was just wondering why you had posted notes without any comment as to why you're posting them. It seemed very random.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
hello just wanted to clarification, for optical isomerism in octahedral complexes, bidentate ligands must be present right?
Original post by helpme:)
hello just wanted to clarification, for optical isomerism in octahedral complexes, bidentate ligands must be present right?

As far as how OCR might examine you goes, you are correct.
Hi does anybody have the set 2 papers.
Does anybody else use the henderson-hasselbalch equation for buffer pH calculations? Hopefully it will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest