The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Just got a selection day from King's for the 8th of December! Anyone else?
Original post by MNicoleB96
When's yours?! :smile: congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines on the 17th December! Its the afternoon session :smile:
Hi,
I have applied for Mental Health Nursing at UWE, Plymouth, Hertfordshire, Worcester and Coventry, I am now waiting for my referee to complete the reference and then the scary stuff starts to happen.
Has anyone else applied to these uni's, for mental health nursing or had an offers or interviews yet?
Original post by Sxlect
Branch: Child Nursing
Uni(s) applying to: KCL, City, Middlesex, Kingston, West London
Relevant experience/extra info:I'm not currently doing any work experience; however I have previously done voluntary work/work experience in the following places:
2 week placement at a pharmacy
2 months of community work for a diabetes campaign
My little cousin has autism and 4 days a week he has ABA therapy. I sometimes help out his therapist when the ABA therapy takes place.
I did a 2 week placement at a Nursery for two weeks.
I did a 2 week course training me to be carer; I got a certificate out of it in the end. I should be sending off my personal statement by the14th. I'm not sure if this is enough work experience

I know students who have no experience in healthcare at all but managed to get onto the course. It's about your personality and desire to be a nurse, not just experience. If you really want to be a nurse and it shows in the interview / personal statement / application, then you'll be fine!
So far, I'm waiting on Hallam to reply now as I've heard from my other three choices!

Anyone else going to the following interview dates for Mental Health?

Friday 13th :s-smilie: Leeds Beckett
Friday 27th Uni of Leeds
Monday 14th December Huddersfield.

The Uni of Leeds maths test is terrifying me!
Well done everyone on getting interviews / offers. I'm getting so inpatient now. Applied to Bangor back in September and haven't heard anything. Has anybody else applied to Bangor? The suspense is killing me :-)
Original post by carli97
Same!! Child nursing! I'm really excited hahahhaha

Excited ?!! Im nervous as hell. Will see you there tomorrow. Im getting a cab there T.T, peaak good luck.
I have an interview on thursday and I'm wondering whats best to wear? skirt and a shirt? more casual than that? I'm nervous! Let me know anyone who has been to interviews and knows whats best :smile:
Reply 628
Original post by AnnaBroekman
Just got a selection day from King's for the 8th of December! Anyone else?

Hey congratulations! Is that for the Maths test or have you already done it and this is your second? I took the tests a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chash22308903
I have an interview on thursday and I'm wondering whats best to wear? skirt and a shirt? more casual than that? I'm nervous! Let me know anyone who has been to interviews and knows whats best :smile:

I wore an office dress with a suit jacket and black tights and shoes for LJMU, but I think it just depends on the uni, I'd overdress rather than underdress though, they want you to look professional😊 hope this helps x

I have an interview/selection day Thursday as well! What uni is yours for.?
Reply 631
My interview at Bournemouth is for children's nursing. I applied on the opening day of the UCAS cycle so I had to wait. Don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. Bournemouth seem to take their time.
Original post by Kat129
My interview at Bournemouth is for children's nursing. I applied on the opening day of the UCAS cycle so I had to wait. Don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. Bournemouth seem to take their time.

Oh okay, well done! When is your interview? Do you have to numeracy and literacy test? I applied for Adult Nursing about 3 weeks ago, I've received one interview and one rejection but nothing from Bournemouth!
Reply 633
Original post by ciaracross
I wore an office dress with a suit jacket and black tights and shoes for LJMU, but I think it just depends on the uni, I'd overdress rather than underdress though, they want you to look professional😊 hope this helps x

I agree with this since I've done the same! I've been wearing an office dress with a black blazer, black tights and smart shoes. I think it's better to be overdressed definitely!

I think shoes are quite important so I would definitely go for smart as opposed to trainers (since trainers wouldn't be allowed in a hospital) and I'd be very cautious about wearing high heels!

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ciaracross

It does thank you! Was going for a office skirt with a sort of shirt so I'll stick with that :smile: x
Original post by topdot12
I have an interview/selection day Thursday as well! What uni is yours for.?

Mine's for teesside :smile: you?
Original post by Fairyegg
Well done everyone on getting interviews / offers. I'm getting so inpatient now. Applied to Bangor back in September and haven't heard anything. Has anybody else applied to Bangor? The suspense is killing me :-)

I applied to bangor in october and still haven't heard anything. Are you applying for march or september?
Original post by Kat129

I applied a little while later than you,hopefully I will hear back soon! Best of luck at your interview.You never know we could be student children nurses next year! So it takes them around 8 weeks to get back! Ok,phew!
Anyone that's applied to Manchester, Salford, LJMU, Chester or/and Edge hill for Children's nursing and have received interviews/rejections - how soon after your application was sent off did you get it? My application was sent off yesterday and I'm so impatient lol.
Mine's for teesside :smile: you?

DMU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending