The Student Room Group

Good Routine?

I was wondering whether people think this is a good routine to follow for studying maths. I'm only asking because I actually have never studied properly in my life and I heard A level maths is more demanding than GCSE maths. I am doing normal maths and on a trial for further maths.

So, what I've have been doing is, completing all the mixed exercises in the texbook and doing past questions by topic. I will also be doing the solomon worksheets as I have been advised that doing those questions will make edexcel questions seem so easy, but later on.

However, I feel that I'll need a new method because I'm so behind. All the further maths stude ts claim to have finished C1 & C2 in about 2 weeks and now have progressed in applied modules and FP1. I have been doing only one module at a time. I recently finished C1 and have started C2. What can I change in my strategy to get through topics faster? :3
I know It's a weird question, but please. HELP!
Reply 2
Original post by animemaniac132
I was wondering whether people think this is a good routine to follow for studying maths. I'm only asking because I actually have never studied properly in my life and I heard A level maths is more demanding than GCSE maths. I am doing normal maths and on a trial for further maths.

So, what I've have been doing is, completing all the mixed exercises in the texbook and doing past questions by topic. I will also be doing the solomon worksheets as I have been advised that doing those questions will make edexcel questions seem so easy, but later on.

However, I feel that I'll need a new method because I'm so behind. All the further maths stude ts claim to have finished C1 & C2 in about 2 weeks and now have progressed in applied modules and FP1. I have been doing only one module at a time. I recently finished C1 and have started C2. What can I change in my strategy to get through topics faster? :3

Firstly, I don't believe that further students are completing C1 & C2 in two weeks, those modules aren't small!!

To save time, I wouldn't do all of the mixed exercises now, you won't need all of them and you'll get through content a lot quicker if you skip some and save the rest for later revision :smile:
Original post by C-Dog
Firstly, I don't believe that further students are completing C1 & C2 in two weeks, those modules aren't small!!

To save time, I wouldn't do all of the mixed exercises now, you won't need all of them and you'll get through content a lot quicker if you skip some and save the rest for later revision :smile:

Alright, I will do thanks!!
Reply 4
Original post by animemaniac132
Alright, I will do thanks!!

Good luck! Let me know how it goes and if you need any help with the core modules, S1 or M1 then shoot me a message and I'll see if I can help(:
Reply 5
Original post by C-Dog

Yes they are, they take 2/3 days to learn for each. Of course it varies depending on the persons mathematical ability, but I wouldn't be so quick to question it if I were you.
Original post by Zacken
Yes they are, they take 2/3 days to learn for each. Of course it varies depending on the persons mathematical ability, but I wouldn't be so quick to question it if I were you.

How would you think people are doing this? Do you think their doing questions after watching videos? Or just watching all of the videos for the whole module then doing questions?
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken

Considering that for non further maths students, you take one year to do C1, C2 and M1 in my case, doing 2 out of those three within two week seems ridiculous to me. Although, considering my all 90%+ UMS, that could be down to my questionable mathematical ability I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest