The Student Room Group

Are you the same on TSR as IRL?

TSR is a great place. For me, its a place where I can say things that I probably can't get away with saying "IRL" without getting a slap, fist or bullet wound.

Contrary to what some of you think, I do not tell girls that I think they're all gold-diggers IRL. Im actually reasonably charming. Also, I'm not as elitist, as pretentious, as insulting or as narcissistic.

These are all things I want to be and are probably a truer reflection of my character, but IRL, people can hit you. On TSR, they can't.

How about you?

Scroll to see replies

On TSR I'm 3pac Aka the fire spitter
Irl I'm just Ahmed..
Original post by Ahmed766
Irl I'm just Ahmed..

Whats the difference between 3pac and 'just Ahmed' ?
Reply 3
I'm the same(ish)
Reply 4
I'd say so yes, can't see how I act any differently online/IRL :tongue:
Original post by Inexorably
I'd say so yes, can't see how I act any differently online/IRL :tongue:

In real life would you honestly walking around wearing a t-shirt of two guys kissing furiously ?
Original post by Awesome Genius
In real life would you honestly walking around wearing a t-shirt of two guys kissing furiously ?

nothing :z
Reply 7
Pretty much,
but it's not 100% me :tongue:
yeah i'm similar in rl life i just don't talk as much in rl life :h:
I dont know this weird thing happened. When I first went on TSR, I felt like my "online" persona was much different to how I was in real life but slowly by slowly, I BECAME the "online" persona in real life. So now I can say that yeah I am pretty much the same person online and offline which I wouldnt have been able to say a year ago.

Internet has taken over my entire life O.O
No my avatar IRL is different.
Original post by Ahmed766
Irl I'm just Ahmed..

gg
im probly smarter on tsr
I would like to say I am, but I can never be too sure.
Nope IRL I don't talk to people.
Hard to explain, when I'm around cool people, yeah probably.

Normally I don't like talking in groups because I have have that feeling one of them is going to be a turd and just attack one of the things I say.
Original post by bluemadhatter
I dont know this weird thing happened. When I first went on TSR, I felt like my "online" persona was much different to how I was in real life but slowly by slowly, I BECAME the "online" persona in real life. So now I can say that yeah I am pretty much the same person online and offline which I wouldnt have been able to say a year ago.

Internet has taken over my entire life O.O

Haha - funny thing, this thread title was originally going to be "How was TSR changed the way you behave IRL?" but then I thought may be that only applies to me lol

There are so many things where this applies to me.

Like on TSR, when you see some annoying loser posting about something thinking they're being creative or funny and you read the first sentence and its so bad, you just think 'Nah' and skip to the next post. Well nowadays IRL, i find that i just interrupt people almost as soon as they start talking something I find annoying lol
Good on you man, good on you :smile:
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
gg

ff 20
Original post by Awesome Genius

Give me one and sure I will :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest