The Student Room Group

list ALL your hobbies/interests

i just filled out the interests part of my profile and it got me thinking that there are so many things i'm interested in and i've not really clarified to myself what they are. so then i thought to myself well y not create a thread about interests to hear everyone else's interests and maybe we can get ideas from one another so here's that thread wowies let's discuss interests

here's my list so far:

architecture, interior design, gardening, engineering, the venus project, anthropology, sociology, philosophy, animal rights, environmentalism, wildlife conservation, political/social/economic activism, renewable energy, nuclear disarmament, recycling and upcycling, travel, journalism, critical writing, creative writing, reading, graphic design, drawing and colouring, painting, videography, photography, game design, app design, gaming, fantasy, fairytales, disney princesses, once upon a time, rick and morty, adventure time, pokemon

it got rly specific at the end there

your turn
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fairytalecolours
i just filled out the interests part of my profile and it got me thinking that there are so many things i'm interested in and i've not really clarified to myself what they are. so then i thought to myself well y not create a thread about interests to hear everyone else's interests and maybe we can get ideas from one another so here's that thread wowies let's discuss interests

here's my list so far:

architecture, interior design, gardening, engineering, the venus project, anthropology, sociology, philosophy, animal rights, environmentalism, wildlife conservation, political/social/economic activism, renewable energy, nuclear disarmament, recycling and upcycling, travel, journalism, critical writing, creative writing, reading, graphic design, drawing and colouring, painting, videography, photography, game design, app design, gaming, fantasy, fairytales, disney princesses, once upon a time, rick and morty, adventure time, pokemon

your turn

masturbation
Original post by The Diplomat.
masturbation

i suggest picking up a book
i suggest picking up a book

about masturbation?
Eating
Sleeping
Gaming

:cool:
Reply 6
I want to be the very best, like no one every was
Reply 7
Interests: Languages, God, religious figures, History, Art, Music and the history/criticism of it, poetry, prayer, activism
Original post by Pockii
I want to be the very best, like no one every was

i'm going to make every pokemon out of clay
Original post by MJlover
Interests: Languages, God, religious figures, History, Art, Music and the history/criticism of it, poetry, prayer, activism

cool, i like languages too :h: which do you speak? and theology is interesting for sure
My list:

TSR

Lool, my man talks about Masturbation, and you hand him a book on spiritual enlightenment.:toofunny:
cool, i like languages too :h: which do you speak? and theology is interesting for sure

I'm learning arabic, my uni does loads of european languages as outside courses so I'm picking them next year

what languages do u want to learn? :smile:

GTA 5, Uncharted, Batman, Destiny, The Last of Us, Far Cry, Battlefield 3, Bioshock Infinite and more

here's my list so far:

your turn

Liking the Rick and Morty/Adventure Time there :cool:

So for me...
Science
In particular fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, space exploration, chemistry, quantum mechanics, relativity, nuclear power, volcanology (within this I have even more specific interests) and various assorted bits of news I read about virology, pseudoscience, computer science, cyber security etc. Pretty much most science areas can be interesting although I'm definitely not interested in all science that everyone does!
Mathematics
I'm kinda interested in fractals (and how they related to my work in volcanology), prime numbers, irrational numbers, complex numbers, vector fields. I recently found out about knot theory and that's pretty cool, too.
Photography
Particularly landscape, wildlife and astrophotography
History
Particularly the early medieval period in England, the Roman republic, WWI in Europe, WWII in Europe and prehistoric Britain. I also have a soft spot for some of the antiques on Storage Hunters
Historical Reenactment
Early medieval period, mostly I'm interested in the combat side of things although I was reading about ecclesiastical matters this evening.
Theology
Real Time Strategy games
AOEII for life.
Hiking
Travelling
Languages

I suck at learning them, but I'm, fascinated by them. I want to try and learn Esperanto, though.
Music
Listening to it, discussing it, playing it, recording it, supporting it at gigs and by buying it, learning about theory, learning about specific genres in specific regions. Mostly interested in folk metal, black metal, blackened folk metal, traditional folk music, 1970s folk revival and 1970s progressive rock. All of these from the UK.
Home Brewing
Alcohol in general
Coin collecting
Cooking

Probably more but that's the jist of it. Writing all of that makes me seem like a much busier person than I really am!
Girlguiding (in particular brownies)
Classic minis
reading
listening to music
Science - virology in particular
Sociology
Wildlife
Gaming
Music
Singing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Travelling , reading