The Student Room Group

Being Gay at School.

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I am happy :smile:
Original post by Zzzyax
The only good thing in this, ive realised is that you wont have any children lol. so people like you can die out XD

Homosexuals have never been able to conceive naturally yet it has always been existent in humans and animals alike, just like heterosexuality. Still here, hypothesis?
Original post by Zzzyax
im not going to write a long historical exegesis or apotheosis on this im going off now bye!!! but dont forget to kill urself u ****ing faggot

Yes, because you can't.

Will do, adios.
I used to be a shameless flirt in secondary school and nobody minded. All the girls assumed that it was a joke and flirted right back. Same with the guys. It was harmless, I guess. But being out of the closet would have definitely ruined my life. The school I went to was pretty hostile, and everyone threw around derogatory words like "f*****" (I HATE that word) and "gaylord".

A girl in the year below me came out as bisexual and got a lot of stick for it, so I've been careful about coming out to everybody. People called her an "attention-seeker" and immature boys spammed her social media accounts with perverted questions. It was disgusting. Another boy was openly gay and people made fun of him (mostly the boys), but he really didn't give two craps about what people thought and was very open about his sex life. There was this one guy when I was in Year 8 who was pretty camp and everyone assumed he was gay. Turns out he actually was, and when his parents found out they put him on the first plane to Ghana. The school was powerless in the matter, and I don't think they really cared anyway.

When I came out to my best friend this year, she told me that she was also gay. I think I was more shocked when she told me that she'd liked me for a while. I'm pretty sure that everyone knows about us anyway, so there's no point denying it. But after what happened to that girl at my secondary school, I keep my business pretty private.
Original post by Zzzyax
im not going to write a long historical exegesis or apotheosis on this im going off now bye!!! but dont forget to kill urself u ****ing faggot

Oh my god. Seriously? :/ yuck!
Original post by Ya Dunno
Wow!!!

I am speechless.

Wonder how long it will take the mods to catch up with him. If mods do that kind of thing?
Original post by Zzzyax
Thats not true everyone whose normal hates you

I don't know if you know this mate, but your anger towards Ivy for being gay just looks a lot like projection. You're probably in the closet yourself, and that's OK! We understand how hard it is to come out if you're surrounded by bigots, just please, when you do, find a nice boyfriend. He may be one of your rugby mates who's also in the closet. I suggest after that you both go to a gay bar and try to score an orgy.

Now, the above may make you even angrier at the thought of having had an orgy with many men, but it could also open your mind.... mouth and other orifices.

Good luck playboy. :wink:
Original post by Danz123
I don't know if you know this mate, but your anger towards Ivy for being gay just looks a lot like projection. You're probably in the closet yourself, and that's OK! We understand how hard it is to come out if you're surrounded by bigots, just please, when you do, find a nice boyfriend. He may be one of your rugby mates who's also in the closet. I suggest after that you both go to a gay bar and try to score an orgy.

Now, the above may make you even angrier at the thought of having had an orgy with many men, but it could also open your mind.... mouth and other orifices.

Good luck playboy. :wink:

U know he is stroking his dick to this scenario rn
Reply 48
Original post by Daftpunker
Hi all now I'm 25 I left school some 10 years ago and, as you can guess from the title - realized throughout my secondary education that I was attracted to some of my classmates. At the time I brushed this off as admiration and curiosity rather than attraction and the fact it was an all boys school - there was nothing else on offer so thought it was natural I would have some fond thoughts of my classmates.

However having had relationships with boys and girls there is no doubt in my mind I swing both ways depending on my mood and maybe time of the month

Also going to a Catholic school with many homophobic teachers and pupils it was a pretty terrifying thought that people would find out. I've never "out" so to speak - if people ask I'll be honest and I will always introduce my partner be it male or female as my partner so people can put 2 and 2 together.

"Gay" was used as an insult in school and rumors went round and the butt of those rumors often had a pretty upsetting and tortuous time. My turn was thankfully short and although close mates probably guessed. I was never "outed"

I understand that in the last 10 years there has been a drive to re-educate teachers and pupils on this issue and apparently levels of tolerance and acceptance have never been higher...

I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their experience of this tolerance and acceptance - if you came out at school, were you advised to etc.

If you were also on the other side - did you use gay as an insult - did you bully your classmates if you thought they were gay - I will freely admit I did tease one or two myself to deflect the attention off me (as did judging by facebook 10 years on serveral others did as well!).

Very interested to hear from anyone's experience as I'm interested to know how attitudes and how its dealt with at school has changed through the times.

I'm not gay, but I am asexual. My sexuality was never mentioned in school so for years I felt weird because I feel no attraction to anyone but school was telling me that everyone does. My experience is sadly, far too common. Many aces feel isolated as we are utterly ignored in sex ed.

I recently came out to the other people on my course, and they were very accepting. I got a few questions, but nothing offensive. It was a real non-issue which was really nice.

I have never used gay as an insult. However it was used around school.

On a related note, at my school, we were never taught about safe sex practices for women who have sex with women. I think that this is unacceptable because it gives the impression that women cannot catch STDs from other women, which is untrue.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by driftawaay
U know he is stroking his dick to this scenario rn

He probably is, but if he just came out of the closet he'd find another guy to stroke his dick for him. All he needs to do is go on grindr or visit a gay bar. They'll be able to 'open him up' to new experiences very easily. :wink:
I go to a catholic school and whilst I don't remember it ever being openly homophobic I think its definitely gotten better, I'm currently in y13 and I'm non binary and asexual. My best friend is out as trans, the teachers all use his chosen names and the right pronouns and whilst it was a bit rocky at the start everyone's okay with it now and quite a few of my friends are gay/bi and most people don't make a big deal about it. We sometimes have assemblies reminding us not to use 'gay' and similar words as insults which I think is pretty cool. I'm not openly out at school because of my family situation so I don't really know how school would react to me being nb and ace, but we did have an re lesson that touched on some STI's and bisexuals and asexuals were briefly mentioned, sure my friend had to correct our teacher on what asexual meant but they tried.
Reply 51
Original post by ivybridge
Well, I was always called gay from the age of around about 6 at primary school and teachers didn't do anything about it. I didn't know what it all really meant; words like 'faggot' and 'bender', and so on.

When I matriculated to secondary school, I too attending a catholic school, I met a boy I thought was pretty attractive and he was two years older than me. He was gay and we talked a lot and had a kiss or two. I told one of my close friends I was gay and he was okay with it. I told another 'friend' who then laughed me out of the school to be honest. He told everyone that same day and it spread across the town pretty quickly, different people in different schools knew after a couple of months and after a year, pretty much everyone knew me as the gay guy who came out at 11 and was brave and all that rubbish that I really didn't merit. I had a couple of boys beat me up, one boy stabbed me in year 8/early year 9 and teachers actively took part in a great deal of the persecution.

My deputy head placed me in isolation for a month for speaking out against somebody who was bullying me and called it an inappropriate topic of discussion for school. My parents did not approve of who I was and supported this teacher. One friend made a stand against him and she was excluded for doing so. The headteacher did not disagree with the deputy head's actions and allowed him to continue. Then when I began self-harming in year 8 through to the middle of year 9, I was excluded. Teachers began to join in with the tormenting, one teacher told me he'd buy me a dress for my birthday just randomly and I'm not at all effeminate, it was just a dig and unprompted. Another just joined in with other people when taking the mickey out of homosexuality. A lot happened.

After I attempted to commit suicide by hanging, my headteacher resigned and the replacement enforced strict policies about bullying and was a child-protection officer. In year ten, a new deputy joined the school and she literally saved my life so many times. She hired Stonewall UK to train my teachers, spoke about homosexuality and anti-gay bullying in assemblies to educate people on the issue and everything got significantly better. Teachers were making a point of punishing bullies rather than brushing it under the carpet or joining in. At my new college, no teacher's are aware about my sexuality and I haven't spoken about it - my friends know and if I'm asked I don't deny it but it hasn't been shouted about by anyone, which I'm happy about. One teacher knows for a couple of reasons and he has been so supportive.

I think you just have to stay strong at school and remember that school-children don't know what they're saying half of the time. I never bullied anyone at school, I'd never be able to do that to somebody.

I hope that answers the question...

I am so sorry to hear about that. No child should ever be bullied for being who they are. I am glad that the school has changed it's policies now, but that is unacceptable. Nobody should end up attempting suicide because the bullying about their sexuality is so bad that they feel they cannot continue with life.

We need more teachers like your deputy head. She sounds brilliant. A bit like the SENCO at my old school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In year 7 I lost my virginity to a friend, afterwards he then bullied me in private for liking it in the a**. Throughout the next 4 years, I had a lot of sexual thoughts and fantasies about boys, but tried to forget about them. In order to make everyone (including myself) think I was straight, I acted horribly towards girls - I would say creepy stuff to them, try to touch them, be just a total jerk and weirdo creep. And yet every now and then I could be found sneaking around to give some cool "straight" boy a blowjob. I was messed up and I hated myself for who I was. I bullied another gay kid to seem straight and people to like me, but it didn't matter, no one liked me anyway. I had no friends, literally everyone in my year hated me for being a creep to girls, and I hated myself.

In year 10 I tried to kill myself.

In year 12 I finally accepted who I am, realised it wasn't going to change and I wasn't going to start liking girls any time soon. I came out and surprise surprise everyone was cool with it. Suddenly every girl wanted to be my best friend, and all the guys who had thought I was a perv for the past 6 years had a newfound respect for me. I was suddenly the coolest kid in school, everyone changed overnight from hating me to respecting me for battling myself for all that time, and having the courage to be myself.

I left school after year 12 but yeah thats my story I guess.
Reply 53
Original post by Danz123
He probably is, but if he just came out of the closet he'd find another guy to stroke his dick for him. All he needs to do is go on grindr or visit a gay bar. They'll be able to 'open him up' to new experiences very easily. :wink:

I have just reported all of his posts. They were just disgusting. They blatantly encouraged suicide, were very homophobic and bullying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
Attachment not found

@TheonlyMrsHolmes, @XcitingStuart, @Danz123, @F.Nietzsche, @Plantagenet Crown, @thehistorybore, and @driftawaay - time to join forces again against the bigots :wink:

Straight people against homophobia!
Original post by Katty3
I have just reported all of his posts. They were just disgusting. They blatantly encouraged suicide, were very homophobic and bullying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rightly so. He's just a closeted homophobe like so many others. The most angry homophobes are usually angry at themselves and choose to take it out on others.

Regardless, he needs to log off and get off his computer, maybe take a long hard look in the mirror aswell.
Reply 56
Original post by Danz123
Rightly so. He's just a closeted homophobe like so many others. The most angry homophobes are usually angry at themselves and choose to take it out on others.

Regardless, he needs to log off and get off his computer, maybe take a long hard look in the mirror aswell.

Hopefully he should be banned soon.

Song for the moment f*** you, Lily Allen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zzzyax
I know ur upset, ima **** you myself, and id bet youd ****ing love it, u dirty hoe

Wtf is wrong with you, are you some kind of walking mental disorder or something?
@ivybridge WHY WAS I NOT MENTIONED IN THAT LIST
Reply 59
Original post by Inexorably
Wtf is wrong with you, are you some kind of walking mental disorder or something?

Go through and report all his posts. I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending