The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Chester too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I sent my application off on 20th October for Oxford Brookes (both Children's Nursing and for dual reg Children's Mental Health Nursing), York, Nottingham, BCU and Sheffield Hallam (all Children's Nursing). I've had email responses from all apart from Oxford Brookes but no interviews yet. Has anyone else applied to the same and heard anything back?...I'm so nervous with the waiting!
Original post by Jessica52
Hi, I sent my application off on 20th October for Oxford Brookes (both Children's Nursing and for dual reg Children's Mental Health Nursing), York, Nottingham, BCU and Sheffield Hallam (all Children's Nursing). I've had email responses from all apart from Oxford Brookes but no interviews yet. Has anyone else applied to the same and heard anything back?...I'm so nervous with the waiting!

Applied to York and Sheffield Hallam for children's nursing! Haven't heard anything from Sheffield yet but gone an interview from York

I've applied to York for child nursing too (on the 16th oct) and haven't heard back yet either :/ I emailed and they said to expect to hear toward the end of november
Reply 124
Hi.. I have an interview for teeside on Friday!! Good luck let me no how u get on xxx
Original post by Demmerson
Hi all. I'm applying for CN and have an interview on the 12th November at Teeside uni. Has anyone else got one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chash22308903
I've applied to York for child nursing too (on the 16th oct) and haven't heard back yet either :/ I emailed and they said to expect to hear toward the end of november

Hopefully you'll hear soon I applied on the 18th and heard on the 3rd November
Reply 126
Hi 😄 I have an interview at teeside on the 17th too! Lots of luck xxx
Original post by kjade95
Hi all, I applied for Childrens nursing at Huddersfield, Bradford, Teesside, York and Northumbria on 23rd October. I have an interview at Teesside on 17th November. Still waiting to hear back from the rest. Seems like I applied so long ago!! Anyone else applied to the above choices?:smile:
has anyone been invited to a maths and english assesment at london south bank university??
Reply 128
Original post by WHAAAAAAT
has anyone been invited to a maths and english assesment at london south bank university??

Hey yes I have going on the 18th!
yhhh me too. are you from london or anywhere near?
I have an interview on thursday and I'm wondering whats best to wear? skirt and a shirt? more casual than that? I'm nervous! Let me know anyone who has been to interviews and knows whats best :smile:
I have an interview on thursday and I'm wondering whats best to wear? skirt and a shirt? more casual than that? I'm nervous! Let me know anyone who has been to interviews and knows whats best :smile:

You can wear anything that looks casual smart but not too overly smart. I wore black trousers/jeans with a shirt and a coat with my vans so it's kind of like formal but comfortable at the same time. Just don't turn up wearing ripped jeans or some sort like that. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Original post by amyc789
Hi I've also applied to City, LSBU and King's recently for the PgDip. I have heard back from City and LSBU and have my tests for these later this month! How was the test for King's? Good luck :smile:

Hello! My City tests are tomorrow afternoon and I have LSBU on the 18th? Is that the same for you?

We had to sign a form at King's saying we weren't allowed to give any details about the tests but if you revise all the Maths on the SNAP website/Bitesize then you should be okay. I would advise maybe practising past papers from other unis under timed conditions so you are used to it because it's not a lot of time!

Good luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 133

I've got an interview for BCU in January for children's nursing. I got the email on Monday night xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134

I've got an interview at BCU for children's nursing in January, I got the email on Monday night xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard anything from uclan, Chester of Sheffield Hallam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Original post by fc93
Hello! My City tests are tomorrow afternoon and I have LSBU on the 18th? Is that the same for you?

We had to sign a form at King's saying we weren't allowed to give any details about the tests but if you revise all the Maths on the SNAP website/Bitesize then you should be okay. I would advise maybe practising past papers from other unis under timed conditions so you are used to it because it's not a lot of time!

Good luck to you too. :smile:

My lsbu is the 18th too :smile: and city is in Dec. Hope yours went okay today. What is your first choice?
I haven't heard from Hallam

I wore a black trousers, white shirt and a blazer, probably too overdressed but doesn't hurt to make an effort, your alright as long as you look smart just don't wear jeans!
Reply 139
Original post by amyc789
My lsbu is the 18th too :smile: and city is in Dec. Hope yours went okay today. What is your first choice?

Cool I might see you there! I actually need to look up how to get there! :tongue:

Yes I think yesterday went okay but I don't want to assume! There were only about 6 people there for Child as everyone else for Adult and Mental Health.

King's is my first choice at the moment but I still haven't heard if I've passed the tests or not! I did really like City too but to be honest as long as I get an offer from somewhere I don't really mind. I'll be disappointed if I don't get King's though. :frown:

What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest