The Student Room Group

Thoughts on guys wearing Shoe Lifts?

you put them in the sole of your shoes, and they give you an extra 1.5/2 inches of height?

Girls mainly, what are ur thoughts on this?
People argue its the same as women wearing makeup or wearing heels?

What would you think of a man that is clearly feeding his insecurity and wears lifts to look taller?

Go into as much detail as you want..

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Swings and roundabouts.
I think it would be viewed very negatively if people knew, but I don't think there's any logical reason for that. As you say, I don't think there's any logical distinction between shoe-lifts and makeup/pushup bra.

If people didn't know, I wouldn't really think there'd be a problem though. If you're a short guy, then a bit of extra height would obviously help.
Original post by FatehL
you put them in the sole of your shoes, and they give you an extra 1.5/2 inches of height?

Girls mainly, what are ur thoughts on this?
People argue its the same as women wearing makeup or wearing heels?

What would you think of a man that is clearly feeding his insecurity and wears lifts to look taller?

Go into as much detail as you want..

thanks

Wow if you're that insecure to wear lifts that really says something about you.
If you're quite short (eg. < 5ft 9) then fair enough otherwise, its just a joke.
I'm 6ft 1 (Not that tall I know) and have never considered myself in need of lifts.
Original post by Anonymous
If you're quite short (eg. < 5ft 9) then fair enough otherwise, its just a joke.
I'm 6ft 1 (Not that tall I know) and have never considered myself in need of lifts.

Lol I assume anyone considering wearing shoe lifts would definitely be below 5ft9.
Reply 5
Lol I assume anyone considering wearing shoe lifts would definitely be below 5ft9.

5'7 1/2
well .. girls wear makeup, fake eyelashes, padded bras and padded crap for the ass too ... doesn't matter if you wear heels, if any girl says anything about them call her out on her makeup use
at least heels are more visible and serve aesthetic value - so not comparable

tight clothes aren't deceitful, just present existing features well - so not comparable to this either

however, i dont see how its different to padded bras

therefore

i lament than you feel the need/desire to do so, but if you want to, go for it
Original post by Bealzibub
well .. girls wear makeup, fake eyelashes, padded bras and padded crap for the ass too ... doesn't matter if you wear heels, if any girl says anything about them call her out on her makeup use

Agree about padded bras/butt pads etc but makeup/heels are a bit different IMO, because it's fairly obvious when a girl is wearing makeup or heels. Shoe lifts are hidden (like with padded bras etc) - that said, wouldn't really bother me but I'd rather the person I'm with be comfortable enough to not need shoe lifts. But we all have our insecurities, if they make you feel more confident OP then just wear them.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Agree about padded bras/butt pads etc but makeup/heels are a bit different IMO, because it's fairly obvious when a girl is wearing makeup or heels. Shoe lifts are hidden (like with padded bras etc) - that said, wouldn't really bother me but I'd rather the person I'm with be comfortable enough to not need shoe lifts. But we all have our insecurities, if they make you feel more confident OP then just wear them.

we are in sync :five:

Spoiler

wear what the hell you like, idgaf.
Reply 11
Extreme case of short man syndrome.
Nothing wrong with it. Like you said, women wear heels and makeup, so why can't men wear heels?
Reply 13
If looking 1.5 inches taller or not makes or breaks it for you with a girl then she probably isn't worth your time...
I guess you are more hoping for general confidence assistance though in which case meh, if you want to wear it go ahead. 5'7 is pretty normal short though, nothing crazy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14

:confused:

Obviously you don't.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
If looking 1.5 inches taller or not makes or breaks it for you with a girl then she probably isn't worth your time...

Well if you're less than 1.5 inches shorter than a girl, then for a lot of, I imagine that could very well be "make or break".

It's surely common knowledge that most girls wouldn't want to date a guy who is shorter than her.

I don't see why that would mean a girl "isn't worth your time". Sexual relationships are based a lot on physical attraction. :p: How's a girl judging a guy on his height any different than a guy judging a girl on her face?
So basically a comfortable version of high heels. Men have it so easy!
Reply 18
Original post by WoodyMKC

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
did you know the late elvis presley wore 2.3 shoe lifts, he was 5'11.75 182cm and was made himself just over 6ft 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending